Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I recently completed a big project that I had been working on for about a year... the iconostasis at my Church. The icons that the parish had before this were very bad prints (and I mean really bad. They looked like they were printed out on a very bad inkjet printer, and they were really blotchy looking like they had gotten wet or something). As a wedding gift for my wife, I decided that I would replace all the icons in the iconostasis.

So in May of last year, the icons of Christ, the Theotokos and the Transfiguration of Christ (the Church is named Holy Transfiguration) were installed.

The night before the wedding, I (along with some helpers from the Church) installed the new Royal Doors and the icon of St. John the Forerunner. At the end of Bright Week, I installed (temporarily since they hadn't been mounted to wood yet) the icons of the Archangels Michael and Gabriel on the Deacon's Doors.

I then did some finishing touches on all of the icons and reinstalled everything. We are hoping to have a blessing soon for all of the icons now that they are all finished. I wanted to share pictures now that everything is completed.

Boise-iconostasis.jpg

BoiseChrist2.jpg

Pimen.jpg

RoyalDoors.jpg

Forerunner2.jpg

Transfiguration.jpg

Michael8.jpg

Gabriel.jpg
I agree with Photini. The icons you and Julia have done are breathtaking! These icons above are absolutely stunning. The detail is incredible!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ikonographics

In patience I waited patiently on the Lord
Apr 27, 2008
Greece
Visit site
✟27,987.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status