Hikarifuru

Shine Bravely
Nov 11, 2013
✟20,553.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
No--never as miserable----and never as happy either!! By the way---why on earth are you on a Christian forum????

You are not happier than I am, I've never been raped and I don't have to wonder why my savior watched me get raped over and over and I don't have to blame myself for the misery in my life to explain the gods incompetence and carelessness either. I am here because the conversations are interesting. Suicide for example is very important and interesting topic. It's fine until people start telling me to believe in their god.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I do none of the above!! I did not tell you to believe in my God. I stated what I believe. I just find it interesting that an atheist woud come on to a Christain website, and then get all upset when somebody mentions they believe in God. It's interesting as I do not go to an atheist website and get upset when somebody says they do not believe in God. I wouldn't think of going to a Hindu website and getting all tweaked 'cause somebody mentions Vishnu!

Upvote 0

Hikarifuru

Shine Bravely
Nov 11, 2013
✟20,553.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
mmsparksbud

Maybe all the times your god let you get raped ruined your memory too but I really think you're just upset and like to hear yourself talk. You've been being condescending in a form of weird punishment ever since I told you that I didn't care about your god or your take on suicide.

Just look at what you said below

"OK---then travel the road without Him. It's hopeless and without much peace or comfort, but if that is your choice. He doesn't force. He is still there, same place He was when He had to watch His own Son suffer and die for your sins. The price has been paid for you already, whether you take it or not is up to you. Bad things are going to happen, that is this world for now. You can not protect your children from the evil that others choose to follow. It is sad that you choose to not give them the hope and fellowship with the God who brought them life, but maybe they will find Him on their own without you, but that will make them sad. I wasted many years being angry at God for what I had to go through, but it was my father's choice how he was going to live his life, God does not force us to do the right thing. I chose mine, and am glad I did. And when all is said and done, I will still have eternal life with Him in a remade earth and whatever I've gone through, the price will have been cheap enough, and I won't even remember it anyway. Bye"

again, I don't care about your god or your ideas so please stop your long self aggrandizing pity stories about how awful your life has been but how wonderful it somehow is now with your god. I don't get upset at the mention of your god. I just think all the stuff you've said so far is really silly and also inconsiderate.

Have a good day.

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟256,660.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Can't answer that one, I know there re changes in the brain. Scans done before and after can be different, but I can't remember just exactly how. Yes, love is an emotion, however, it goes beyond an emotion, once the "honeymoon" phase is over. Loving God is at that level, not the giddy emotional jump up and down hysteria some people insist on having. It's a deep commitment and brings peace.

"Beyond an emotion" seems like a nonsense phrase to me. Like "Two is more that just one plus one". We were discussing how someone can know that a god exists. So far I haven't seen anything that makes me think one exists. People can have strong emotions for almost anything.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
"Beyond an emotion" seems like a nonsense phrase to me. Like "Two is more that just one plus one". We were discussing how someone can know that a god exists. So far I haven't seen anything that makes me think one exists. People can have strong emotions for almost anything.

No--I mean, love, for anything, goes deeper than a fluttering in the tummy type of thing, like I said, after the thrill of it all, there is a deeper less emotional thing that happens, It's a deep bond. I am not trying to prove to you that a God exists.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Different for everybody---there comes a time when your heart and mind are open to Him when He knocks at the door to your heart. For some it's gradual, for some all of a sudden---it's like love. It is love. He is where love originates. One day you look into the eyes of someone and that is it, for others, you may have been around the person for years and never noticed then when you slowly get to realize they are there and it develops. Can you explain love, can you prove it exists--Only by the experience of those who have had it, and the change in the individual.
Love produces a demonstrable physiological response, so, yes, one can measure love. So does prayer, but it's more like meditation or inwardly talking to yourself than a unique mental experience on brain scans, and which deity you believe in only matters if said deity has a physical representation in your mind (you have an ideal about what it looks like) or not.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
mmsparksbud

Maybe all the times your god let you get raped ruined your memory too but I really think you're just upset and like to hear yourself talk. You've been being condescending in a form of weird punishment ever since I told you that I didn't care about your god or your take on suicide.

Just look at what you said below

"OK---then travel the road without Him. It's hopeless and without much peace or comfort, but if that is your choice. He doesn't force. He is still there, same place He was when He had to watch His own Son suffer and die for your sins. The price has been paid for you already, whether you take it or not is up to you. Bad things are going to happen, that is this world for now. You can not protect your children from the evil that others choose to follow. It is sad that you choose to not give them the hope and fellowship with the God who brought them life, but maybe they will find Him on their own without you, but that will make them sad. I wasted many years being angry at God for what I had to go through, but it was my father's choice how he was going to live his life, God does not force us to do the right thing. I chose mine, and am glad I did. And when all is said and done, I will still have eternal life with Him in a remade earth and whatever I've gone through, the price will have been cheap enough, and I won't even remember it anyway. Bye"

again, I don't care about your god or your ideas so please stop your long self aggrandizing pity stories about how awful your life has been but how wonderful it somehow is now with your god. I don't get upset at the mention of your god. I just think all the stuff you've said so far is really silly and also inconsiderate.

Have a good day.

OK____I answered some questions here that were put to me and am not in the process of having any pity party---I have tried to be very polite but you are being obnoxious and rude. I don't believe it's good manners to invite yourself to someones home and proceed to insult them. You have s right to your believes and I have a right to mine. However distasteful your opinions are, they are yours and you can express them in a civil manner. Apparently no one ever taught you any manners. You sound like a disgustingly angry individual and see no reason to continue this sordid conversation. The topic is suicide and you turned it into a personal attack on the believe in God, mine in particular, which is totally ridiculous. I shall unwatch.

Upvote 0

Hikarifuru

Shine Bravely
Nov 11, 2013
✟20,553.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
OK____I answered some questions here that were put to me and am not in the process of having any pity party---I have tried to be very polite but you are being obnoxious and rude. I don't believe it's good manners to invite yourself to someones home and proceed to insult them. You have s right to your believes and I have a right to mine. However distasteful your opinions are, they are yours and you can express them in a civil manner. Apparently no one ever taught you any manners. You sound like a disgustingly angry individual and see no reason to continue this sordid conversation. The topic is suicide and you turned it into a personal attack on the believe in God, mine in particular, which is totally ridiculous. I shall unwatch.

there you go again making this all about you and your beliefs, I haven't been rude to you, I tried to tell you I wanted to stop talking about it and then you started being condescending and then I started telling that you I didn't care how you feel and that I think you're ideas are silly, because that's what you do when someone patronizes you and refuses to stop.

You started telling me how sad my disbelief is, how ill never be as happy as you, how i can't protect my kids, how my kids need your god and the only choice i had was ignore you or tell you that your ideas are crap and I do not care about them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Davian

fallible
May 30, 2011
West Coast of Canada
✟38,603.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
Different for everybody---there comes a time when your heart and mind are open to Him when He knocks at the door to your heart. For some it's gradual, for some all of a sudden---it's like love. It is love. He is where love originates. One day you look into the eyes of someone and that is it, for others, you may have been around the person for years and never noticed then when you slowly get to realize they are there and it develops. Can you explain love, can you prove it exists--Only by the experience of those who have had it, and the change in the individual.
Is there any way to differentiate this experience from self-deception?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums