Apr 19, 2005
KY
✟17,097.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
FaithfulServant said:
It only matters if the twins run on the maternal side, if it runs on the man's side it doesn't affect the wifes chance of having twins. Although, he can pass it on to his daughters.

See here: http://genepi.qimr.edu.au/ScientificAmerican_Twins.html

I love the name Daniel, great choice :)
Thanks for the link! That was very interesting!

Upvote 0

...butterfly...

(¯`•¸·´¯) Blessed Bride (¯`•¸·´¯)
May 5, 2005
✟8,493.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My fiance and I have discussed this and this is how we feel abou it:
First, we both agree that I should be a stay at home mom when we have children, and in order to do this my hubby (to be) will need to make decent money (at least $25,000 yr). I want to have 6 children! My fiance and I are going into the mission field and would like to adopt someday...and I would love to have twins (up to God of course).

We have also discussed names of our children!

Upvote 0

stealingheaven

Senior Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Birmingham
✟4,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would love to start a family straight away!
When we get married is being dictated by the financial cost of it and when we have children will also be determined by finances. If we were already married and could afford children then I'd have had them already! I can't wait, I always hoped to be a young mum (in my early 20's) but God didn't send Neil into my life till just over a year ago, and I'm now 30 so it's happening a little later than I'd hoped but it's all in Gods hands when we have children and even if we should be blessed with them.

Upvote 0

Diane_Windsor

Senior Contributor
Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We plan on waiting about a year or two before TTC, though I would prefer trying immediately after we are married. I'll be 30 when I get married, so my biological clock is ticking. He wants 2 children, but I want three (we'll see if I change my mind after having one :p ).

Yes, we have talked names. We like family names, and since he has a German surname I have a preference for German names and spellings as well. Suffice to say that my children will not have my surname in their names :( My surname does not go well with his surname.

Diane
:)

Upvote 0

...butterfly...

May 5, 2005
✟8,493.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We'd like to have kids a few years after marriage...give us plenty of time to start savings for the baby. :)
I'd love tohave 3-6 children...whatever I'm blessed with.
Girs names: Marjorri Rae, Maria Dawn (after me)
Boys names: Jack Robert, David Paul

Upvote 0

plum

my thoughts are free
Nov 30, 2003
✟48,380.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
i think it's great that this thread was resurrected!

All we have decided upon is the following:
We'd like to have our own children, but if we cannot conceive, we would seek G-d about the possibility of adopting. We'd like 1-3 kids, but are trying to be open to however many we are blessed with. We don't have much of a time frame about TTC except to say that we realy want time together as a couple before having a child. We are hoping G-d will give us that because we have been long distance for our entire dating relationship. It'd be different if we were constantly around each other :)
Oh, and I don't plan on taking any drugs or getting any specialized fertility care when trying to conceive.

Upvote 0

...butterfly...

May 5, 2005
✟8,493.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My fiance' and I are going to start a savings account for our children when we get married in June. So that if the Lord is ready for us to have a child, and we don't think we are...we'll still be prepared financially. We'd like at least 3 children (I'd LOVE to have 6)... and have ideas for some names... :)
We'd like to wait until we've been married a few years before having children, cause we're still in school. Or at the very least make at least 35,000 a year.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

vicks5721

Jan 12, 2015
✟15,111.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Engaged
We plan to try for a baby not long after we get married, as we both know we are ready to be parents we are 25(almost 26 in march) and 28, but of course only once we both have jobs and have enough money to afford the hospital bills and such.
We have already thought of names and we don't concern ourselves about does it go with his surname and things like that, we agreed on 3 kids, if we had more though we would be happy regardless, we both love kids, we even already have decided we will have two dogs and my fiance has a turtle.

Upvote 0