Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Anyone that is interested in going through St. Faustina's diary please check in.

After that we can work out how to attempt it. By entry, etc.

It might be a productive & fruitful way to spend your PC time during Lent.

It's a very long read but we can take our time & discuss whatever anyone wants to bring up.

I've read it before but it is one of those things where you'll learn something new each time.

Suggestions on how to go about this are welcome.

Checking in-
Michie :wave:

Reactions: DJWhalen

CatholicFlame

The Lord is Risen Indeed
Nov 4, 2007
California
Visit site
✟20,269.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I am checking in and subscribing as well, but I don't have the book available right now. Can you give us the link to the online book, if there is one?

Thanks and I also just rented the movie "The Apostle of Divine Mercy." It will be my second time getting to watch it, when I watch it again. LOL did that make sense???

:p

Upvote 0

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Signing in.

I know this will be a blessing for so many who read, even if they dont participate. Cant wait. This is my prayer for all who participate or read:

"Oh, blood and water which gush forth from the side of Christ as a fount of mercy for us, Jesus I Trust in You". Amen!

Upvote 0

Caritas3

God is Love
Aug 23, 2007
✟44,158.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am checking in and subscribing as well, but I don't have the book available right now. Can you give us the link to the online book, if there is one?

Thanks and I also just rented the movie "The Apostle of Divine Mercy." It will be my second time getting to watch it, when I watch it again. LOL did that make sense???

:p
I will look.
Oh I just found a PDF copy if you want to download it.
http://rayofmercy.org/index.html?middle=shroud.html

read online
http://www.saint-faustina.com/Diary/DMIMS1.shtml

And while looking I found something I was started reading then lost where it was located online :clap: :clap::clap:
The book "Calls" by Sister Lucia
http://our.homewithgod.com/immaculateheart/fatima3/

Reactions: magdiel
Upvote 0

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm checking in :)

The book just came in the mail last night! :D :clap: I'm really looking forward to reading it. I read a bit and it's awesome!
Hold on Monica! Your life is about to change in a lovely way. He He. Glad you got the book, and just in time.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,732,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok. So we have-

Michie
Solitary One
Catholic Flame
isabella1
Monica4316

Anyone else is free to join in at anytime.

So when do we start?

Ash Wed.?

Is there any particular way we want to read it?

BTW- I have to distribute ashes to the shut-ins tomorrow so I might be a little delayed but I'll be here.

We can start reading tonight if possible for everyone.

Just need to know how much we are willing to read at a time.

I plan on checking in daily even if it is just to say I read whatever section, chapter or entry.

Suggestions welcome. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,732,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think that whatever the decision is on how to approach this, I am open. So tonight we should just strat reading from teh beginning then?

Thank you so much Michie!
Yeah. I think we should start from the beginning. Also, it does not have to be any deep theological observations. It can be anything. Like she appeared to be a _______ girl.

Home life seemed___________.

It can be anything.

For instance I remember reading that God gave her the grace of not having to deal with sexual temptation.

That one made me do a double take. ^_^

Upvote 0

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Oh this will be a wonderful sharing I am sure. I also think it is a great idea to pray fisrt together before we start.

Good inspiration SO. (Solitary One)

wow I have a hard time calling you that! You are just never alone! hehe
I agree with ya CF. Prayer together first. Your so good at it can you say the prayer for us all. :)

I agree in starting with the beginning as well. I think one or two entries at a time is good. Because of how powerful they are, I would like to contemplate and take it in to my heart, asking the Lord how He wants to work with it in my life.

Besides, I am a working Mom and have to manage my time really well. Peace and Blessings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,732,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok guys. One or two entries at a time. No pressure. I'll try to check in every day to let you know my progress or impressions.

Anyone can join at any time.

I'll start reading again tonight & comment tomorrow.

Catholic Flame can start us off in prayer.

This should be a good thing during Lent. Hopefully we will have interesting discussion & observations. Maybe see things we would not see otherwise without doing this as a group. :)

Upvote 0

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I guess we'll just wait for Catholic Flame to start us off with prayer & we'll be on our way.
I will try to check in tomorrow before morning mass. If not I wont be on until after 9pm. Have to work too. Hope by then CF starts us off.
He usually is on late at night until wee hours of the morn I think.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,732,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I will try to check in tomorrow before morning mass. If not I wont be on until after 9pm. Have to work too. Hope by then CF starts us off.
He usually is on late at night until wee hours of the morn I think.
Ok. I have to dig through my bookshelves anyway. :blush:

Upvote 0

Springrain

Feb 13, 2007
✟30,266.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank You Isabella for inviting me to this thread. I am so glad I found it. I have read Faustina's Diary one time through and it has changed my life dramatically. I find myself profoundly attached to this devotion and grateful for it. I have had prayers answered beyond belief.

This is a great idea and I would like to participate. Do you have one single thread for posting the diary and sharing both or will these be designated to seperate threads?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.