Speaker Johnson Announces Major New Election Integrity Legislation Following Trump Meeting

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟333,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Election integrity is something both the federal government and the states should enforce and cooperate upon. I still have not seen a valid reason to not require voter ID in order to promote fair and honest elections. Remember when the hard left leaders were claiming that blacks didn't have IDs so it was some kind of racist plot? Then so many blacks stepped forward and said the notion was ridiculous. What is wrong with the conservative proposals of voter ID, paper ballots, and a national holiday so that every eligible citizen could vote?

I don't know why you keep trying to argue "voter ID" with me, since I didn't say we shouldn't have it. My only comment was the double standard that a Democratic sponsored law (that, from what I recall, did call for voter ID) was bad because of "state's rights" but it is just fine when Republicans try to force voting laws on states.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟216,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There were a lot of changes made before last year's election, it took a long time for courts such as those in Wisconsin to rule on the illegality. The further you get away from in-person voting the weaker is the system. It's like trying to protect the president from one secure area as compared with multiple last minute stops at unsecured locations.
What is most hilarious is that the party that made the changes is the same party that sued against those very changes. What makes you think that the present systems of mail-in voting is insecure? They know how many ballots were mailed out and the outer envelopes are pre-numbered, signed and dated.

And there is resistance, it's terrible to have to launch lawsuit after lawsuit in order to implement security measures.
But not nearly as terrible as launching lawsuit after lawsuit based on bogus charges to undermine confidence in our system. The "resistance" mostly seems to be to keep fewer citizens from voting and to undermine the actual, legitimate votes.

That's an article about pending suit from back in 2022. There is an allegation that something, something bad, might happen - not about anything that actually happened. :yawn:

Single day, in-person only voting will definitely suppress voter turnout. Which seems to be the actual goal, so...

Upvote 0