Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟119,202.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone, I just ran across this on the internet, it is pretty slick. It is a solar generator in the form of a briefcase, it has 2 fold-out solar arrays and will charge up in the sunlight and then you can carry it to wherever you need power and hook it up, it would be just the ticket in the event there was a lengthy power outage or natural disaster! I could not find the price on this but if it is reasonably cheap I may pick one up! If you want to have a look the link to the website is here:

Briefcase Backup

Reactions: linux.poet

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟568,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I got something like that off amazon. 89 bucks
It has 6 panels and feeds out a USB port to whatever devices you have. I have a battery charger that can be fed from these panels, so we can charge our AA, AAA, C, D, and 9V batteries, cell phones, and other devices off this panel set up.

Amazon.com
Amazon.com

Last edited:
Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟207,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Like most things of this nature, you can get them from Harbor Freight Tools for a lower price. I believe I saw some of these types of solar panels in Harbor Freight the other day for $30 apiece. It also had a frame and was a bit of a larger form factor than the briefcase.

Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟568,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Like most things of this nature, you can get them from Harbor Freight Tools for a lower price. I believe I saw some of these types of solar panels in Harbor Freight the other day for $30 apiece. It also had a frame and was a bit of a larger form factor than the briefcase.
We have a local HF and do some shopping there. While cheaper, I find most of the products still do the job. I have an electric chain saw, a pole saw, a wood chipper, a leaf shredder, and a power washer from HF, among other things. It is my go-to place for cheap tarps and useful gadgets. :)

Upvote 0