So, is the Constitution the supreme law of the land, or is it not?

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟281,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There seems to be some confusion. For example, we have this case: in Texas, the State has defied the Federal government, and begun blocking the border between Texas and Mexico:

And then, we have this case, in which Hawaii places draconian restrictions on private gun ownership, in defiance of the 2nd Amendment:

Liberals lost their minds over the Texas case, but are applauding the Hawaii one.

But the problem is, in both cases, you have a State that is defying the Federal government. In the Texas case, you have the Federal government refusing to do its job and police the border, so the State decided to step in and do the job themselves. In the Hawaii case, you have the State openly nullifying the 2nd Amendment, despite what the Federal government has interpreted regarding the right to own and bear firearms.

So, who gets the last word? The States? The Fed? The Supreme Court? The Constitution? The judicial interpretation of the Constitution?

Or do we just finally acknowledge that the country is disintegrating, that there is no rule of law, and every individual citizen or State can do what Federal politicians and courts have been doing for years, and just do whatever they want, regardless of what the law or the Constitution says?

Personally, I think that when the Feds come and tell Texas that the State can't close the border, Gov. Abbott should simply say, "Sure we can. It's in the Constitution." When the Feds say, "Where is that in the Constitution?", Abbott should reply, "Why, it's in the penumbra. Remember the penumbra?" ^_^

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟136,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
God's moral law is the supreme law of the USA. Unfortunately, most persons in our government do not recognize this fact.

Illegal aliens are breaking our laws while our government aids and abets these illegal aliens.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟254,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
God's moral law is the supreme law of the USA. Unfortunately, most persons in our government do not recognize this fact.

Illegal aliens are breaking our laws while our government aids and abets these illegal aliens.
Amen!

Reactions: DJWhalen
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟476,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
There seems to be some confusion. For example, we have this case: in Texas, the State has defied the Federal government, and begun blocking the border between Texas and Mexico:

And then, we have this case, in which Hawaii places draconian restrictions on private gun ownership, in defiance of the 2nd Amendment:

Liberals lost their minds over the Texas case, but are applauding the Hawaii one.

But the problem is, in both cases, you have a State that is defying the Federal government. In the Texas case, you have the Federal government refusing to do its job and police the border, so the State decided to step in and do the job themselves. In the Hawaii case, you have the State openly nullifying the 2nd Amendment, despite what the Federal government has interpreted regarding the right to own and bear firearms.

So, who gets the last word? The States? The Fed? The Supreme Court? The Constitution? The judicial interpretation of the Constitution?

Or do we just finally acknowledge that the country is disintegrating, that there is no rule of law, and every individual citizen or State can do what Federal politicians and courts have been doing for years, and just do whatever they want, regardless of what the law or the Constitution says?

Personally, I think that when the Feds come and tell Texas that the State can't close the border, Gov. Abbott should simply say, "Sure we can. It's in the Constitution." When the Feds say, "Where is that in the Constitution?", Abbott should reply, "Why, it's in the penumbra. Remember the penumbra?" ^_^
With a dementia patient ruling everybody doing what they want.
Kinda like a substitute teacher.

Reactions: TPop
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟373,716.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
With a dementia patient ruling everybody doing what they want.
Not since 2020. And it's unclear if his increasingly crazy tantrums are dementia or he's just unhinged. His latest to to compare his legal troubles with the killing of Navalny in Russia.

Donald Trump appeared to compare himself to Alexei Navalny as he said the case of the Russian opposition leader reminded him of “grossly unfair courtroom decisions” in the US.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟476,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Not since 2020. And it's unclear if his increasingly crazy tantrums are dementia or he's just unhinged. His latest to to compare his legal troubles with the killing of Navalny in Russia.

Donald Trump appeared to compare himself to Alexei Navalny as he said the case of the Russian opposition leader reminded him of “grossly unfair courtroom decisions” in the US.
:holy: ;)

BIDEN:

He has dementia and I am being honest.

1. Forgets things midsentence and keeps talking about whatever. Altsheimers OTOH will keep repeating their story and forget they told it.
2. Sees shadow people he thinks is there.
3. Incoherent
4. Wanders away on his own mission.
5. Has lucid speech sometimes [teleprompter much]
6. Grand illusions.
7. Mixes up facts.
8. Thinks he is in the past. Altzheimers revert to the past and stay there and forget everyone around them. He remembers dead people... as though it just happened.

And the basic difference between dementia and altzheimers is that dementia see people who are not there.
He is shaking hands with people in the past because he sees them...
I am not certain if his brain is reliving or whatever, but I have worked with both diseases.
Altzheimers is a slower descent with aricept. Dementia is too, but the seeing people, wandering away [in a hurry rather than in a confused state] means he believes he is somewhere else and has to be there...where ever.

Reactions: DJWhalen
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟476,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Of the world, actually. However, God neither wants nor needs the government to help Him with enforcement.
Scriptures tell us kings et al are choosen by the Lord.

Now they are not likely hand picked... but that a ruler must exist.
Chaos vs civility.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟476,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
"...Ultimately, we need adequate resources and policy changes to address our broken immigration system,”

Um, BUILD THE WALLS.
Wow, so hard.

The money spent on illegals has far far exceeded the number to build it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟136,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

BIDEN:

1. Forgets things midsentence and keeps talking about whatever. Altsheimers OTOH will keep repeating their story and forget they told it.
3. Incoherent
6. Grand illusions.
7. Mixes up facts.
8. Thinks he is in the past. Altzheimers revert to the past and stay there and forget everyone around them. He remembers dead people... as though it just happened.

And the basic difference between dementia and altzheimers is that dementia see people who are not there.
I am not certain if his brain is reliving or whatever, but I have worked with both diseases.
Altzheimers is a slower descent with aricept. Dementia is too, but the seeing people, wandering away [in a hurry rather than in a confused state] means he believes he is somewhere else and has to be there...where ever.
I did not know that about dementia patients, that they see people who are not there.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟476,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I did not know that about dementia patients, that they see people who are not there.
Yes. Including my own gram, but patients I have worked with as well.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟373,716.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Scriptures tell us kings et al are choosen by the Lord.
We don't have kings other than the Lord. Sorry.

Um, BUILD THE WALLS.
Wow, so hard.
And so futile. They don't work.

It’s Official: Trump’s ‘Impenetrable’ Border Wall Is An Expensive Failure

A new report says Trump's wall was breached thousands of times with "inexpensive power tools."

Did you really think it was a feasible idea? It was a campaign promise; even Trump knew it wouldn't work. His underlings actually used it as a scam to fleece the gullible who believed in it:
A federal judge in New York on Wednesday sentenced two former business associates of ex-White House official Steve Bannon to several years in prison for their roles in an infamous and fraudulent fundraiser to build barriers along the U.S.-Mexico border during the Trump administration.

The two men, Brian Kolfage and Andrew Badolato, previously pleaded guilty to several federal crimes related to siphoning funds from the online fundraising scheme known as "We Build The Wall," which raised more than $25 million from tens of thousands of private donors.

Kolfage, who pleaded guilty to wire fraud and tax crimes, was sentenced to 4 years and 3 months in prison. According to the Justice Department, Klofage diverted $350,000 in donations for his own personal use, including to purchase an SUV and a cosmetic surgery.

Badolato, who pleaded guilty to committing wire fraud, received a 3-year prison sentence. Prosecutors said he also took hundreds of thousands of dollars in "We Build The Wall" donations for personal use.
Bannon, who served as former President Donald Trump's chief White House strategist, was arrested in 2020 on federal charges over his role in the "We Build The Wall" fundraiser. Mr. Trump pardoned Bannon in one of his last acts before leaving office.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟281,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And so futile. They don't work.
Oh, I don't know----the one they have between North and South Korea has been working just dandy for over 70 years. :)

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟287,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

BIDEN:

3. Incoherent
6. Grand illusions.
7. Mixes up facts.

When did you have a chance to examine him?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟373,716.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Um, BUILD THE WALLS.
Wow, so hard.
And so futile. They don't work. Even in the very small distance Trump managed to get built, the Border Patrol reports over 3,000 holes in it where people got through. They don't work.

Oh, I don't know----the one they have between North and South Korea has been working just dandy for over 70 years. :)
Hmm... let's take a look...

North Korean soldier defects by walking across world’s most heavily guarded border

A NORTH Korean teenage soldier has fled the repressive regime by walking across the world's most heavily militarised border into South Korea.

You would have thought the "wall" would have stopped him. In fact, the DMZ is mostly open, although often mined and lined with barbed wire. It is heavily guarded, which is why few people get across it. This relates to the failure of Trump's "wall" and also why Trump ordered republicans in the House to stop Biden from reinforcing the Border Patrol. He needs the issue, and Biden's way works for South Korea, while Trump's idea failed (at least 3000 times according to the Border Patrol).

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟281,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Okay, so you have one case, in 2015; the article says the last successful attempt was in 2012; that makes two. In three years.

That's a shade different from the 300,000 that walk across our border every month, wouldn't you say? :rolleyes:
In fact, the DMZ is mostly open, although often mined and lined with barbed wire. It is heavily guarded, which is why few people get across it.
Not a bad idea.....if you make your border so lethal that people are terrified to attempt crossing it, it will undoubtedly cut down on the number of aliens entering your country..... ^_^

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟373,716.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Okay, so you have one case, in 2015; the article says the last successful attempt was in 2012; that makes two. In three years.
Because there's no wall. Trump relied on a wall. It was breached about 3,000 times in just a couple of years, according to the Border Patrol. Walls don't work. North Korea depends on concentrations of troops along the border to make sure no one gets out. That works pretty good as you now see. Hence Biden's move to increase the number of Border Patrol agents, and Trump's demand that republicans prevent it from happening.

That's a shade different from the 300,000 that walk across our border every month, wouldn't you say?
Yep. And now you know why North Korea has done so well, and Trump failed.

The border with North Korea is heavily guarded, which is why few people get across it.

Not a bad idea.....if you make your border so lethal that people are terrified to attempt crossing it, it will undoubtedly cut down on the number of aliens entering your country....
A long time ago, Sir Robert Peel (founder of Scotland Yard) observed that severity of punishment isn't nearly as good a deterrent as the certainty of getting caught. Again, why Biden wanted more Border Patrol funding, and Trump wanted to prevent it from happening.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟281,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because there's no wall. Trump relied on a wall. It was breached about 3,000 times in just a couple of years, according to the Border Patrol. Walls don't work. North Korea depends on concentrations of troops along the border to make sure no one gets out. That works pretty good as you now see. Hence Biden's move to increase the number of Border Patrol agents, and Trump's demand that republicans prevent it from happening.

Yep. And now you know why North Korea has done so well, and Trump failed.

The border with North Korea is heavily guarded, which is why few people get across it.

A long time ago, Sir Robert Peel (founder of Scotland Yard) observed that severity of punishment isn't nearly as good a deterrent as the certainty of getting caught. Again, why Biden wanted more Border Patrol funding, and Trump wanted to prevent it from happening.
Yep. And 'round and 'round we go, except that I'm not playing; I know an exercise in futility when I see one. So, I will leave you to bask in your certain knowledge and to sing Biden's praises, and wish you a good day. Adieu.
:wave:

• Winner
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0