undisclosed Bunker
✟292,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
(self sufficiency, survival cooking, do-it-yourself, science)
I love this fellow - wide variety of interesting science stuff. No particular political or specifically prepper bent. He just likes to do useful cool things.

https://www.youtube.com/c/Nighthawkinlight/videos

For example, if you have a large parabola mirror, you basically have a free solar focus for cooking on any sunny day. He's making Starlite (basically a fireproof cookie dough) at one point and then later using it to make a homemade forge.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟573,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
lol.. we have so many subscriptions to homestead and prepper channels it will be hard to list them all. We periodically go through the collection and thin it out.
I will make a list for the thread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟573,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Garden Answer (Gardening)
15 Perennials Every Garden Should Have

You would get along with my wife. She loves these. She is about to dig bulbs up out in the front yard as they are taking over.
We also have vegetables that are perennials. Jerusalem Artichokes are good example. They are kind of a cross between potatoes and turnips. You can roast them with onions, carrots, and other veggies and you have a meal!
We also have an asparagus patch and have just started a rhubarb patch.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟573,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bible in a year...

Posted this at it is very important that everyone gets their priorities right! ;)

Need to visit Youtube! Sorry......

Cannot go wrong with the scriptures. I like Robert Clancy, Derek Prince, and some of the faith people.

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟573,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I love farming most. Growing my own food satisfying. The location I’m looking at is zone 10 overseas. The winters are 55 to 62 degrees. That’s a long growing season.

In the beginning vegetables were the primary draw. But fruit has overtaken them. Having an established orchard and olive grove is golden. I’m looking at livestock too. Especially the mini and medium sized animals.

Deeper down the rabbit hole!
That is great. We are zone 8 in the south USA. The summers are tough here with heat, intermittent rain, and bugs like you would not believe. Our work at this point is finding the crops that will grow in our area that will survive these conditions. It is mild enough in the winter to grow a lot of good crops. Even in the freeze. We grow carrots, rutabagas, greens of many sorts, kale, turnips, and radishes.
We suffered much in the last year with what seems to be a lack of pollinators. We did a lot of hand pollination with squash, melons, and cucumbers. Tomatoes and peppers do alright. We are seeking other plants that are self-pollinators.
Peace, and keep up the good work!

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Benjamin Müller

May 19, 2018
Western New York
✟43,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
LI ZIQI

Her channel for more:

https://www.youtube.com/c/cnliziqi

Wow, surprised no one posted this yet, but also surprised by the sheer number of Youtubers that were posted who I'm familiar with. The Townsends are awesome!

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟573,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seeing a lot of good prepping and self-sufficiency channels here! We are already subscribed to too many. I thinned out this list a bit, but there are still way more than we can keep up with.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Seeing a lot of good prepping and self-sufficiency channels here! We are already subscribed to too many. I thinned out this list a bit, but there are still way more than we can keep up with.

I really wish I could categorize my YouTube subscriptions. I have about 800 right now for various subjects.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
That’s a lot to keep up with. I follow a handful who specialize in the topics I’m interested in. Segmenting is easy when you keep the numbers low.

In most instances I prefer people who teach beyond YouTube. Books, courses, memberships, and events allow me to gauge their knowledge, obtain further instruction, and glimpse their involvement with others doing the same.

Homesteading is community oriented. That’s a big selling point.

~bella

It's topics on everything though not just homesteading or prep related. There are probably 20 channels alone just related to wild animal cameras. And in a few here and there for multiple hobbies, music, some entertainment, various political and/or religious perspectives, etc. and it all adds up over the years. It would be so much easier to be able to categorize these and for example have homesteading and prep all in one place.

Upvote 0