Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello I'm Jennifer and I joined the Catholic Church April 2015.

I was told by our priest that I couldn't be Confirmed till my husband's annulment was clear and final and his annulment is clear and final. Easter Vigil came around and everyone in my RCIA class was Confirmed but me.

Recently, I contacted vicar general and they contacted our priest I met with our priest and he did say that yes I was suppose to be Confirmed with my RCIA class and that it was his mistake a very big mistake in my book.

Mine and my husband's marriage blessing is July 25th the priest did tell me I would be Confirmed at our marriage blessing and he went against his word. He has it in his head that I have been Confirmed when I have not. I have six people that will back me up on this issue.

The priest didn't much appreciate me contacting vicar general, I say don't screw with me (which he did) and I wasn't going to let this slide, considering that I was cheated out of my Confirmation.

So now because of the priest mistake that he admitted to after vicar general contacted him, I have to wait till next year to be Confirmed, which I dont think is fair and I think he should do everything he can to make up for the emotional damage he has caused me in this whole ordeal.

My sponsor, her husband and my self kept telling him he is wrong and that I was not Confirmed. the priest just blew us off, that's when I contacted vicar general about the matter.

I'm thinking of taking this a step further for the emotional damage the priest has caused me and all becuase ofy husband's annulment.

I haven't talked to a lot of people about this have been keeping it to myself. Am I able to take this further?

Sorry so long and thank you.

Jennifer

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2015
✟7,756.00
Marital Status
Married
Up to the date of your post, it does appear that this priest has been negligent in his responsibilities associated with your Confirmation. Since it's not 25 July yet, maybe this has been worked out and all is well. I hope so.

But if not, the Vicar General has already spoken to him. There's not much more you can do, if anything, except the one very best thing. If you haven't already, you should forgive the priest, and even pray for his aid to become more aware and do better for the souls in his care. I'm sure Jesus would most appreciate that.

Maybe the priest will rise above the bad impression he has left on you so far. In any case, there's no restriction on your looking around at other parishes. Not to make any judgment here, but just in general, priests are like people in any vocation, in that some are much better at what they do than others.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Would be nice to get an update. I believe, actually, that the priest COULD, if he would, do a private Confirmation, except that Confirmation is a very public sacrament-it announces to the Body of Christ that you're ready to die for Jesus. Any update?

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Hello I'm Jennifer and I joined the Catholic Church April 2015.

I was told by our priest that I couldn't be Confirmed till my husband's annulment was clear and final and his annulment is clear and final. Easter Vigil came around and everyone in my RCIA class was Confirmed but me.

Recently, I contacted vicar general and they contacted our priest I met with our priest and he did say that yes I was suppose to be Confirmed with my RCIA class and that it was his mistake a very big mistake in my book.

Mine and my husband's marriage blessing is July 25th the priest did tell me I would be Confirmed at our marriage blessing and he went against his word. He has it in his head that I have been Confirmed when I have not. I have six people that will back me up on this issue.

The priest didn't much appreciate me contacting vicar general, I say don't screw with me (which he did) and I wasn't going to let this slide, considering that I was cheated out of my Confirmation.

So now because of the priest mistake that he admitted to after vicar general contacted him, I have to wait till next year to be Confirmed, which I dont think is fair and I think he should do everything he can to make up for the emotional damage he has caused me in this whole ordeal.

My sponsor, her husband and my self kept telling him he is wrong and that I was not Confirmed. the priest just blew us off, that's when I contacted vicar general about the matter.

I'm thinking of taking this a step further for the emotional damage the priest has caused me and all becuase ofy husband's annulment.

I haven't talked to a lot of people about this have been keeping it to myself. Am I able to take this further?

Sorry so long and thank you.

Jennifer
i would contact the Vicar General again and give him an update, since he is familiar with your case.
If you have done everything required of you, then ask him if he can make arrangements to confirm you, since it was not done at your marriage blessing.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
An ancient thread but one part jumped out at me.

Sometimes it's necessary to take your case to a higher authority. I can definitely appreciate that. But I really hope you didn't talk him that way.

Upvote 0