Sacrament of confession

A

aChildOfMary

Does anyone have any testimonies about the sacrament of reconciliation. Do you find inner peace or deliverance from sin as a result of going to a confessional? Or is it just a dead ritual?

Firstly it's not a ritual, but a sacrament and while it contain a ritual it's so much more than just a ritual.
Secondly, There aren't lots of testamonies about this wonderful sacrament as it's confidential and most people would like to leave their sins in the confessional and not cuddle with then any further as they leave.

Our feeling of the sacrament is of less importance than what we believe in and our faith.
God has given the power to absolve sins to his church so when father gives me absolution I know I'm forgiven because Christ himself promised so.
For me it's very natural to be happy and at ease after confession.
I was dragged down by my sins, but Christ has lifted me up through his sacraments.

Confession is one of the best gifts if not the best gift Christ could ever give us.

Pax Christi
aChildOfMary

Upvote 0

Simon_Templar

Not all who wander are lost
Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟36,537.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I became Catholic about 2 years ago. Before that I was raised protestant, non-denom. I love confession.

Don't get me wrong, it is always difficult to hold myself accountable to to actually confess my sins to another person. It is difficult to try and not make excuses etc. But that is really a big part of the point.

Our fallen nature wants to make excuses and shift blame, but we need to simply confess and lay ourselves on God's mercy.

Absolution is a beautiful thing. I always feel great after going to confession. My attitude is better, my out look on life is better. It's often a subtle shift, not like a miraculous word from on high kind of thing.

Confession is a great gift from God, and it is full of grace.

Upvote 0

iansek

Mar 18, 2015
✟7,685.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am a baptized catholic but never been confirmed. I have been an evangelical non denominational christian for most of my adult life.

I went to confession last week. The priest is a nice man who i spoke to face to face. He did give me some advice and spiritual help and for a few days i was released.

However thinking and praying more about my possible conversion to catholicism has given me cold feet. I fundamentally disagree with many doctrines and may be more comfortable making a move to High Anglicanism. There is a very good worship service in an Anglican church where i live.

Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There is not much difference between Catholicism and the Anglican Faith Ian (my Mother then Anglican, converted to Catholicism).

However Jesus Christ our Saviour belonged to the Order of Melchizedek, (Priests/Catholic) and had Founded His Church through Holy Saint Peter being His Catholic Church of which all of the Blessed Holy Sacraments of Love are received with Jesus Christ our Saviour manifested at His Altar, within His Most Blessed Sacrament and Tabernacle, including the fact that Jesus is Present in His Confessional, behind the Priest, listening to confessions, as Jesus states within His Divine Mercy Holy messages to Saint Faustina for mankind.

divinemercy.com/

These Holy messages are contained within Saint Sister Faustina's Diaries.

Love and kindest wishes your Sister in Jesus Christ our Saviour

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Leevo

Feb 18, 2015
Tennessee
✟28,954.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Does anyone have any testimonies about the sacrament of reconciliation. Do you find inner peace or deliverance from sin as a result of going to a confessional? Or is it just a dead ritual?

To be honest, I have been a Catholic for about 3 or 4 weeks now. I have done Confession every week since the week before my Confirmation. It makes me truly feel I have been forgiven. I cannot stress enough how much better I feel from Confession in comparison to when I just used to pray for forgiveness when I was Non-Denominational Protestant.

I would also like to stress, that it is not just merely a ritual, but a Sacrament. It is one of the things given to the Church and should not be discarded as an ancient "ritual" irrelevant in our current world. It is very much a requirement for Christians, we all sin, and I am willing to bet we all mortally sin, therefore Confession is necessary. It is truly a wonderful thing. :crossrc:

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0