Visit site
✟64,964.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Before starting the wiki, I'm hoping to open this up to some discussion first, so we are on the same page at least, when it comes to the membership of this forum.

Who are we? What do we stand for? What makes us "different?"

What makes other Charismatics different from WoF or Pentecostal?

1) Healing teaching
2) Prosperity teaching
3) Gift dispersement among believers
4) Slain in the Spirit
These four items are the basics of what I think are what sets us apart. There might be others. This is just to get us started, hopefully on the right foot. :)

Redheadedstepchild

Child of God
Site Supporter
Jun 3, 2007
2 weeks from everywhere
✟69,214.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
Well....

:sigh:

My concern is the idea of an infilling of the Holy Spirit with initial evidence of speaking in tongues. Not that I want to exclude pentecostals, mind you. I just wouldn't want it to be a point of debate.

Ya know, for those who are charismatic but not pentecostal.

Upvote 0

JAS4Yeshua

Servant of the Lord
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Marina, California
Visit site
✟64,964.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That is part of Item #3, actually. Each item will be expanded upon, which is the purpose of this thread. The speaking of tongues is one of the gifts of the Spirit. Believers are given various gifts within the body, that doesn't necessarily mean that everyone will speak in tongues.

We can break out Item #3 to individual points as necessary to cover this as well. :)

Upvote 0

JAS4Yeshua

Servant of the Lord
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Marina, California
Visit site
✟64,964.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I personally don't think we should limit by denomination. That is why I had posted the thread regarding a possible forum name change. The limitation is by teaching, where we differ on the divisive points with the Word of Faith and Pentecostal teachings.

Upvote 0

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
I personally don't think we should limit by denomination. That is why I had posted the thread regarding a possible forum name change. The limitation is by teaching, where we differ on the divisive points with the Word of Faith and Pentecostal teachings.
Not suggesting we limit by denomination, however it is something that differentiates a charismatic non WoF from someone who is pentecostal or WoF

Upvote 0

JAS4Yeshua

Servant of the Lord
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Marina, California
Visit site
✟64,964.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are asking?

The purpose of this forum is for those who disagree with the way healing, prosperity, etc are taught by WoF. This isn't about the denomination, but about the teachings themselves. I don't see how your being Charismatic Anglican matters, other than what you believe about the working of the Holy Spirit in the lives of believers today.

Like I said, I may be misunderstanding what you're asking or stating. That's the reason I'm answering the way that I am.

Upvote 0

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are asking?

The purpose of this forum is for those who disagree with the way healing, prosperity, etc are taught by WoF. This isn't about the denomination, but about the teachings themselves. I don't see how your being Charismatic Anglican matters, other than what you believe about the working of the Holy Spirit in the lives of believers today.

Like I said, I may be misunderstanding what you're asking or stating. That's the reason I'm answering the way that I am.
POssibly I'm confused as well

NM

Actually the question as I understood it was what makes members of this forum different from Word of faith or penticostal

Thats one thing that would make this forum member different from WoF or penticostal

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Before starting the wiki, I'm hoping to open this up to some discussion first, so we are on the same page at least, when it comes to the membership of this forum.

Who are we? What do we stand for? What makes us "different?"

These four items are the basics of what I think are what sets us apart. There might be others. This is just to get us started, hopefully on the right foot. :)
I prefer Sir Timothy's statement. No offense, Jason.

Upvote 0

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I liked that he didn't include the "slain in the spirit" factor. I think we should be able to discuss this, and I like what jeolmstead said in his OP about God being too big to wrap our heads around - that gives room for things like the "slain in the spirit" phenomenon and other supernatural things to happen. I'm very strong about not limiting God.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.