Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I saw this in the "SOP" for "

Denomination-Specific Theology Statement of Purpose"​

• NT writers' teachings do not contradict each other or the teachings of Christ. (2 Peter 3:15,16)
My question is this. Is it permitted, anywhere in Christian Forums, to refer to scripture in the New Testament to refute or otherwise "get around" a commandment given by Christ?

2 Peter 3:15-16

New International Version

15 Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16 He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟123,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
I saw this in the "SOP" for "

Denomination-Specific Theology Statement of Purpose"​

• NT writers' teachings do not contradict each other or the teachings of Christ. (2 Peter 3:15,16)
My question is this. Is it permitted, anywhere in Christian Forums, to refer to scripture in the New Testament to refute or otherwise "get around" a commandment given by Christ?

2 Peter 3:15-16​

New International Version​

15 Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16 He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

I have read this a couple of times and not sure what you are asking….

What I am reading is: You are wondering if you can circumvent a commandment given by Christ.

If that is correct …..Why?

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟207,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Anyone can twist Scripture into knots and say that it contradicts itself, even when it clearly doesn't. I think the rule is there to deal with Scripture-twisting individuals that say that Paul disagrees with Christ, or that Peter disagrees with Christ, etc.

People who twist the Scriptures are very uncomfortable for Christians to deal with, and that's probably why the rule was made.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0