✟12,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Man, those pork chops look good!
"Above 140°F things start to go south pretty fast. Muscle fibrils tense up very tight, expelling internal moisture in copious amounts—a chop can lose up to 30% of its moisture when cooked to 150°F or higher. Here be dragons. You want to stay away."

I like my pork to come out like jerky and my (edit: wife doesn't.)
If you like crunchy pork then eat pork rinds :). Crispy bacon was probably discovered (not as a total loss toss it) when a guy like you prefers moisture starved pork. :) Kind of like how cherries are destroyed in order to make marachino cherries. (mara means die/death) chino means shee no kidding. :) But seriously, yesterday I fried some deli ham to substitute bacon for a home customized sub sandwich. When I don't have the ingredients for what I want, I make due or experiment. That's probably where pb&j sandwiches came from. I like the idea of using jelly with meatballs for a complimentary sauce. It tastes good. Even if my mother thought it was crazy. She has no culinary sense of adventure.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟35,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you like crunchy pork then eat pork rinds
Love those too with hot sauce.
When I don't have the ingredients for what I want, I make due or experiment.
I never follow the directions and add extra. I knew my son was going to be a cook when he offered me a peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwich at 5 years old, which I politely declined. Now he seems to be a cook like you.

Upvote 0

T.i.m.o.t.h.y.

Mar 7, 2024
Indiana
✟12,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's terrible the jokes coming out of this report. How could anyone find anything funny in it?
I know, but I'm wondering if or how he'll ever live it down that he had a worm living rent free in his brain for a little while till it found nothing of interest, curled up and died. People loose brain cells for other reasons but his is unique.

Upvote 0

T.i.m.o.t.h.y.

Mar 7, 2024
Indiana
✟12,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Love those too with hot sauce.

I never follow the directions and add extra. I knew my son was going to be a cook when he offered me a peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwich at 5 years old, which I politely declined. Now he seems to be a cook like you.
Kids are so adventurous. I haven't tried mayo & pb. It doesn't require using either as substitutes. Like using cranberry sauce mixed with most any red juice to put on your fried chicken when you don't have b-b-q sauce. I later found out that a particular kind of sweet baby rays brand tastes just like cranberry sauce. So my food ideas are not so unusual.

Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

T.i.m.o.t.h.y.

Mar 7, 2024
Indiana
✟12,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Agreed. I am glad that I have never seen that, but I will avoid pork from now on. No wonder why the OT prohibits pork consumption.
I would guess that the OT does prohibits it because pigs will just as happily as eating grains, or veggie scraps, also just as happily eat their own dung. They are not healthy animals. Too bad because slow-cooked ham in (1hr) pineapple juice (2hr) cherry sauce (3hr) hawiian punch sure did taste good.

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟126,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would guess that the OT does prohibits it because pigs will just as happily as eating grains, or veggie scraps, also just as happily eat their own dung. They are not healthy animals. Too bad because slow-cooked ham in (1hr) pineapple juice (2hr) cherry sauce (3hr) hawiian punch sure did taste good.
Mmm, tasty. Ham is probably my only pork that I actually like, but even then, turkey is better in my opinion. :)

Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

T.i.m.o.t.h.y.

Mar 7, 2024
Indiana
✟12,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Agreed 100%. :) Raw egg is not good (though I have consumed small amounts raw cookie dough and cake batter before). Still, not the wisest for me to do.
I've been eating raw cookie dough (as a desert) before it was a grocery store thing and I've never had any problems. I personally think that the cautions against eating it is overrated.

The only kind of raw egg that you shouldn't eat is a rotten one. Check for rotten eggs by putting them in a pan of water. If they sink to the bottom, throw it away or put it in your compost garden food scraps. The plants will love it.

Upvote 0

T.i.m.o.t.h.y.

Mar 7, 2024
Indiana
✟12,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mmm, tasty. Ham is probably my only pork that I actually like, but even then, turkey is better in my opinion. :)
Ham needs juice drownings. Beef doesn't. Chicken doesn't.

Turkey is dry meat. Chicken cooked right still has a wee bit-o moisture. Turkey needs gravy. Chicken can go without gravy. Turkey can't be fried in a pan. Chicken can. When you don't have a working oven, that's important. When you do have a working oven it takes up to three hours to bake an entire turkey. That uses the most electricity of any of the other foods to prepare. Chicken is more versatile to prepare and doesn't take as long to prepare.
Turkey is expensive. Chicken isn't. These are the considerations and reasons why I prepare Chicken for the holidays instead of Turkey. With the jokes of the turkey's wanting people to pick chickens to eat on the holidays.. can you hear the turkey crowd going wild?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟150,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Check for rotten eggs by putting them in a pan of water. If they sink to the bottom, throw it away or put it in your compost garden food scraps. The plants will love it.
Totally the opposite, fresh eggs sink; old eggs will develop a void (as proteins degrade) and cause the egg to float.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟126,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been eating raw cookie dough (as a desert) before it was a grocery store thing and I've never had any problems. I personally think that the cautions against eating it is overrated.

The only kind of raw egg that you shouldn't eat is a rotten one. Check for rotten eggs by putting them in a pan of water. If they sink to the bottom, throw it away or put it in your compost garden food scraps. The plants will love it.
Hey, thanks for the tips.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

T.i.m.o.t.h.y.

Mar 7, 2024
Indiana
✟12,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Totally the opposite, fresh eggs sink; old eggs will develop a void (as proteins degrade) and cause the egg to float.
Sorry but I've boiled plenty of eggs in my years. None that sink have been rotted and none that have floated have been fresh.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟101,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It's terrible the jokes coming out of this report. How could anyone find anything funny in it?
Some people can find humor in the most inappropriate of topics. I can recall, back in the day, hearing a number of Christa MacAuliffe jokes, as well as more than a few Helen Keller jokes even further back. Heck, I've even heard a Leon Klinghoffer joke, believe it or not.

-- A2SG, anyone wanna hear it?

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟252,560.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Filed under: Glad he’s okay, but it’s still kinda funny.

Several doctors noticed a dark spot on the younger Mr. Kennedy’s brain scans and concluded that he had a tumor, he said in a 2012 deposition reviewed by The New York Times. Mr. Kennedy was immediately scheduled for a procedure at Duke University Medical Center by the same surgeon who had operated on his uncle, he said.​
While packing for the trip, he said, he received a call from a doctor at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital who had a different opinion: Mr. Kennedy, he believed, had a dead parasite in his head.​
The doctor believed that the abnormality seen on his scans “was caused by a worm that got into my brain and ate a portion of it and then died,” Mr. Kennedy said in the deposition.​
I've heard of students coming into school and saying to the teacher., my dog ate my homework.
But having a presidential candidate saying worms ate my brain, doesn't seem to me to be a likely successful presidential campaign strategy.

Upvote 0