Nov 29, 2003
ECC,Torah:ModeCommenta,OTL,AY BC&RL,Seow a ICC Job
Visit site
✟139,217.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
It's a great version, check out for example the Pauline letters or 2 Mc. The sale just started but won't last long. The sale I'm talking about is the 4th July sale in Logos, and the sale price is $29.98! The software is freeware. Logos has 2 million users.
It's rarely on a sale. It has the Deuterocanonicals, so it can be used by Roman Catholics. It's mainline and it's one of the few a bit liberal Bible versions which are not too liberal. The textual basis in the New Testament is mediating. The language is somewhat simple and there's not an annoying amount of British vocabulary. Unlike most versions it also includes 4 Ezra. It strikes the best balance when it comes to gender-neutral language. Link to product page: Revised English Bible.
I have 4 electronic copies of it: 2 Logos accounts with it, 1 Accordance and 1 OliveTree (I use the latter extremely little). Plus a print New Testament and a print Deuterocanonicals (which can be bought separately). I've had copies of that most of the time I've been an adult (NT and Deuterocanonicals, earlier on I had a different copy with smaller print than what I have now, I've also had a copy with just the Pauline letters). The REB is not available for free online.