Earth
✟1,473,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
By the way is there a way to offer to pay for the costs of serving an unscheduled liturgy and Holy Unction without inadvertently appearing to attempt to suborn simony? I know it is de rigeur for the married couple to pay the church for weddings and so on and Roman Catholics have mass stipends, but I thought I’d ask before requesting a Holy Unction and an unscheduled liturgy.
what do you mean?

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟484,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
what do you mean?

Should I offer to make a donation, or is there a fee or stipend I should be expected to pay, so as to compensate members of the choir and the priest, for doing a previously unscheduled liturgy and a holy unction service at my request due to my health problems?

I have never had to ask for a Trebnik service before other than Chrismation and so this is a bit new to me.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,473,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Should I offer to make a donation, or is there a fee or stipend I should be expected to pay, so as to compensate members of the choir and the priest, for doing a previously unscheduled liturgy and a holy unction service at my request due to my health problems?

I have never had to ask for a Trebnik service before other than Chrismation and so this is a bit new to me.
if it were me I’d say give to the Church, but ask the priest.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟484,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
if it were me I’d say give to the Church, but ask the priest.

Indeed, I am just wondering if I should include that in the request up front. I have budgeted $1,000 for it.

Reactions: ArmyMatt
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,473,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Indeed, I am just wondering if I should include that in the request up front. I have budgeted $1,000 for it.
I dunno, ask him. if he says no, it’d make a great donation.

Upvote 0