up there
✟311,275.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I wonder who profited from building a miniscule copy of all the trees and jungle cut down and burned? This is the reality of the environmental movement. Destroy nature then replace it with profit through industry, an industry that can never match or replace God's given natural filters.

Reactions: AlexB23

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟131,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wonder who profited from building a miniscule copy of all the trees and jungle cut down and burned? This is the reality of the environmental movement. Destroy nature then replace it with profit through industry, an industry that can never match or replace God's given natural filters.
Well, I agree with you, but Iceland is the perfect place to build a CO2 scrubber, as there are not very many trees in Iceland to begin with, due to the cold temperatures and Viking deforestation centuries ago. Now, if we can use carbon capture, it can help make diamonds, and plastic (even though plastic is still bad for the environment), without any mining for gems or drilling for oil required. But yes, I do wish we planted more trees as a society. I planted 20 trees back in March, without even having to go outside, cos I gave twenty bucks to a tree planting organization with a high transparency rating.

Vikings destroyed Iceland's forests: Iceland tries to bring back trees razed by the Vikings
Diamonds from thin air: Modern Alchemists Turn Airborne CO2 into Diamonds
Plastic from carbon capture: https://www.bbcearth.com/news/turning-carbon-emissions-into-plastic

• Informative
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟151,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, I agree with you, but Iceland is the perfect place to build a CO2 scrubber, as there are not very many trees in Iceland to begin with, due to the cold temperatures and Viking deforestation centuries ago. Now, if we can use carbon capture, it can help make diamonds, and plastic (even though plastic is still bad for the environment), without any mining for gems or drilling for oil required. But yes, I do wish we planted more trees as a society. I planted 20 trees back in March, without even having to go outside, cos I gave twenty bucks to a tree planting organization with a high transparency rating.

Vikings destroyed Iceland's forests: Iceland tries to bring back trees razed by the Vikings
Diamonds from thin air: Modern Alchemists Turn Airborne CO2 into Diamonds
Plastic from carbon capture: https://www.bbcearth.com/news/turning-carbon-emissions-into-plastic
I hear that they make a significant amount of their electricity from geothermal generation which would make them a great place to mine cryptocurrencies!
But making diamonds sounds even betterer!

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟131,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I hear that they make a significant amount of their electricity from geothermal generation which would make them a great place to mine cryptocurrencies!
But making diamonds sounds even betterer!
Haha, yeah, geothermal electricity is pretty cheap in Iceland, but I agree with you, making diamonds is much better.

Darn, Climeworks is gonna waste the CO2 and store it underground, instead of making diamonds. Like bro, if one wants to capture CO2 from the atmosphere, make it into something useful (such as jet fuel), or something beautiful, such as diamonds. Now I have lost hope in this useless project. At least the Germans have plans to convert CO2 into jet fuel (electrofuel / e-kerosene): https://www.reuters.com/business/en...20-germanys-e-kerosene-needs-2026-2022-06-23/

Jet fuel from CO2 capture: How is e-kerosene developing in Europe? - Transport & Environment

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟35,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, I agree with you, but Iceland is the perfect place to build a CO2 scrubber,
It would also be good in the desert where I live. I believe that planting trees will help and maybe with the high CO2 the vegetation might thrive. Didn't Israel transform their desert to green?

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟131,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It would also be good in the desert where I live. I believe that planting trees will help and maybe with the high CO2 the vegetation might thrive. Didn't Israel transform their desert to green?
Yeah, carbon capture would work well in the desert also, though I am not sure if the desert heat would impact the efficiency of the CO2 scrubbers. Israel did turn the desert into forests: Turning the Desert Green - Keren Kayemeth LeIsrael - KKL-JNF

• Informative
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0