• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Prayers needed.

E

Elliemare

A family recently visited my church. The are missionaries in India. They are trying to save young women and children from being sold into sex slavery.

I can't give the family's name, because it could put their lives in jeopardy. Just keep them in your prayers.

I was somewhat aware of this custom in India, but never really understood the background. These people believe that it is their Karma from thousands of years back that they must now sell their own daughters into sex slavery. Some girls are sold as young as 8 years old. The families hope for lots of girls because the more girls they have, the prettier they are, the more money they make.

This missionary family is actually focusing a lot of their work on the young men and boys and teaching them that there is hope, that they don't have to be victims of their "karma", they don't have to live in the past, they can have a future in Jesus Christ. They're working to empower the men to be productive citizens so the next generation won't have to sell their daughters into slavery.

Please pray for them. I think those of us here have a somewhat deeper understanding of this issue and our prayers could be so powerful.

Thanks!