ThePosterFormerlyKnownAs

forgivensinner001/Dust and Ashes/Slambo
Jun 19, 2006
✟8,713.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Please remember Stan and Lisa (non-Orthodox) in your prayers. They were killed in an automobile accident on Feb, 17th. We just learned today and are devastated. They were two of the most wonderful, humble people I've ever known. You could walk up to Stan and slap him and he would probably apologize for whatever he'd done to earn it. He was that humble. The world is a much poorer place for their loss. :cry: :cry: :cry:

• Prayers
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0

the_Abbot

Veteran
Dec 22, 2003
Florida
✟17,945.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Please pray for me that I will get the courage to finally attend an Orthodox Church. I already feel Orthodox in my heart and the closest I have come to the Orthodox Church is through talking with you guys and watching videos on Youtube. Pray that I get over this fear. Thank you

Upvote 0
G

Gianna

Please pray for me that I will get the courage to finally attend an Orthodox Church. I already feel Orthodox in my heart and the closest I have come to the Orthodox Church is through talking with you guys and watching videos on Youtube. Pray that I get over this fear. Thank you

Our Lord says, "Fear not; I have overcome the world."
Our Church says, "Come, taste and see that the Lord is good."
I will pray for you. Remember that we the Orthodox are just as sinful as everyone else.....just come and be a sinner among sinners.
But if you never come to visit us, how will you know us?
We want to know you. :hug:

Upvote 0
May 16, 2008
California
✟7,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi I am new just now, and would love for you to pray for me. I have 2 requests, one for my daughter in law whom is passing right now...and the other one is for her little girl (7) who is my grandaughter who is devastated watching her mommy shrivel up....please god, help us all. :(

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,310,756.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Prayers for your daughter

May the Lord have mercy on her and ease her pain and suffering.

May your grand daughter receive comfort and healing

May all the family iand friends involved receive comfort and healing at this time and in the future

Upvote 0

Barky

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2008
Philadelphia, USA
✟46,742.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hey guys, prayers for me would be appreciated.

I am without the Eucharist right now. It worries me... I need to trust in the Lord's mercy but in this kind of limbo of Churches it is hard to do. I don't feel like I can receive RCC communion anymore because, frankly, I'm not in communion with their beliefs anymore. I'm kind of scared I'm leaning on my own understanding without help from the Church... I don't know. I'm praying more and more though, and I feel my prayer life has been developing more and more through this trial. Maybe this is what the Lord has willed for me, I don't know. I will trust in him. I ask again for prayers please.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟176,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Please keep me in your prayers. I am getting ready to go back to work this week and feel rather dazed about the whole thing. Please pray that things go well.

Also, I am facing difficulties in making myself go to Vespers in the evenings. I'm usually a regular attendee, but I've been making last minute excuses, and am overcome with tiredness, etc. when the time arrives for me to go. I also have trouble really buckling down with fasting and prayer, this area is always difficult for me. I know what I need to do, please pray that I get off my keister and can shake my despondency.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Protoevangel

Smash the Patriarchy!
Feb 6, 2004
Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Twice that I can think of, I have quit a decent job for a higher paying job, and both times it has bitten my butt. Both times I jot laid off within 9 months of accepting the new, higher paying job.

Now here I plan on doing it again.

I'm currently working a 6 month contract, but it's a contract that could be extended indefinitely. I could still be working here in 5 or 10 years, if I don't quit. The pay is ok, and I have benefits. There is virtually no chance that I would be hired on as an "FTE", though. This job is only half an hour drive away from where I live.

I just accepted another contract, this one is a 1 year contract. I'll be making about 8 dollars an hour more than what I make now, but I won't have benefits, and there is no chance of the contract extending... But there is a chance that I could be hired on as an FTE. The job is about 1 1/2 hour from where I live (half hour drive plus a little over an hour on light rail).

I am kinda sick to my stomach. I hate giving up this job. Good people, easy work. But I'm going into an environment I know and thrive in. I hate giving up the benefits, but the extra money will help me get some bills paid off, and since my wife won't work, this is like another salary. I hate the extra time in travel, but there is an up side to that, too. Since the last time I rode light rail to work, I haven't gotten much reading at all done.

So prayer... Please just pray that this move is God pleasing. That God sustain my family and I, and keep us healthy and whole until we have insurance. That this turns into full time employment. That I may trust Him more than in my employment and insurance situation.

Reactions: Philothei
Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟440,256.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
We were just in an accident (the other guy's fault) and our car was totaled. Thank God we were not hurt! His insurance is supposed to pay, but this is Russia, and they are notorious for not paying. We don't have a car and so my family and others who depend on us are up a creek. :( If any of you can remember us in your prayers, it would be greatly appreciated! :crosseo: :bow:

• Prayers
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0

Josiah14

Make your sole goal acquisition of the Holy Spirit
Aug 12, 2008
United States of America
✟16,224.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
1: My family. I am the only Orthodox member of my family.
2: My life, that I make good decision on how I do my job and how I use my money.
3: My heart, that I am granted genuine repentance and mourning for my sins
4: For my spiritual and physical health.
5: That I would develop a relationship with the Panagia, John the Baptist, King Josiah (my patron Saint), and the rest of the Saints. (I was delivered from Calvanism).

Thanks for your prayers.

God grant you many years!
Josiah

Upvote 0

Rindicella

Jul 5, 2008
✟7,942.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
My situation is a bit complicated and fraught with gossip. So I don't want to go into great detail.

Please pray for me: I was attending a Greek parish and was very happy there, until some odd things happened and some things were said about someone else whom I love and respect. Please pray that all hearts will be healed.

For now, I am going to another parish (OCA) and it's great...but I do not like the idea of "church hopping" and I wonder if I am doing the right thing. I think it's best on the one hand for now, till things settle down and tempers cool, till real "talk" can happen. Please pray for me?
Thank you...God bless you.
R.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EvangeliGirl

God is an Anti-Theory
May 2, 2005
Miserable in the Midwest
✟16,483.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Prayers for you, Rindicella!

From the way you sought to be honorable in your request it seems that you are diligently seeking God. I pray His peace will be with you. I sympathize - I know the particular pain of personalities disrupting the community of faith...

Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy...

Upvote 0