copticorthodoxy

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2005
✟25,993.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I took this pics for the Alexandrian Patriarchate St. Mark Cathedral in Alexandria

This church is the first church built in Alexandria by Saint Mark in the first years after Christ . It has been burnt then rebuilted in the days of his Holiness Pope Youssab, then it has been extracted in the days of his Holiness Pope Shenouda III

Picture033.jpg

The Alexandrian Patriarchate - St. Mark Cathedral

Picture035.jpg

The bells tower

Picture034.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Here is the tomb of the Alexandrian Popes and Patriarches Since St. Mark the evangelist , you can see a great saints like St. Athanasius the Nicene creed writer he is number 20 and St. Cyril he is number 24 ( the names are in Coptic , English and Arabic enlarge the pic to read it )

Picture011.jpg

a_ntv

Ens Liturgicum
Apr 21, 2006
✟36,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I've seen in some photo of coptic churches that the main door of the Iconscreen can be very differently large: a little one or a very wide one. Why?
There is only one door or three doors as in EO chuches?

I think that there is some difference with EO also about when the curtain is open. Is it true?

Thankss!

Upvote 0

copticorthodoxy

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2005
✟25,993.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I've seen in some photo of coptic churches that the main door of the Iconscreen can be very differently large: a little one or a very wide one. Why?
There is only one door or three doors as in EO chuches?

I think that there is some difference with EO also about when the curtain is open. Is it true?

Thankss!
The Coptic Church has three altars , the main one in the middle and others on left and right ofcourse with three doors for every one its door , durin the liturgy the priest open the curtain and the door , i don't think it is much diffrent than the EO ( there is a pic for the middle door and the left one up )

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

icxn

Bραδύγλωσσος αἰπόλος μαθητεύων κνίζειν συκάμινα
Dec 13, 2004
✟210,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
...Here is the tomb of the Alexandrian Popes and Patriarches Since St. Mark the evangelist , you can see a great saints like St. Athanasius the Nicene creed writer he is number 20 and St. Cyril he is number 24 ( the names are in Coptic , English and Arabic enlarge the pic to read it)
Coptic sure looks and reads like Greek, doesn't it? ;)

Very beautiful photos indeed!

:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

copticorthodoxy

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2005
✟25,993.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0