People see homosexuality forced on them...

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
Oh, and because all this mention of "smut" is reminding me of it...

"As the judge remarked the day that he
acquitted my Aunt Hortense,
'To be smut
It must be ut-
terly without redeeming social importance'..."

:)

David.

Upvote 0

SallyNow

Blame it on the SOCK GNOMES!
May 14, 2004
Canada
✟26,378.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why, can't polite society force those that like smut to go to trashy movies or rent/buy those DVDs? Why must society be inconvenienced to protect children?

Why indeed?

It's easy to set a TV to only show G and PG shows. It's not an inconvience for anyone.

What do you by smut? Really? You haven't defined it clearly; sometimes it appears that anything resembling normal dating or courtship behaviour is "smut" according to your definintion.

Why must reality be stiffled so that some don't have to use their remote controls? Why must creativity be limited by the silly censorship laws from the 1930's that were already outmoded when they were first put in place?

The ratings system was created for a reason. Little kids and those afraid of reality stick to "G" ratings. More mature little kids and older kids can watch "PG" films, and mature kids can watch "PG13".

TVs can now be easily programmed to cut out whatever the viewer pleases.

I don't get why someone has to resort to calling pretty tame, everyday things "smut" and "trashy" when they can just grab the remote and block out whatever they don't want.

Upvote 0

ReverendDG

Defeater of Dad and AV1611VET
Sep 3, 2006
✟10,901.00
Faith
Pantheist
Politics
US-Others
Why, can't polite society force those that like smut to go to trashy movies or rent/buy those DVDs? Why must society be inconvenienced to protect children?
why do you find it an inconvenience to change the channel? are you too lazy and selfish to let other people have shows that don't fit your 1950's mind set?

oh no the children!! why should i care if your children see bad tv shows? thats your job as a parent, not mine.

Reactions: Aerika
Upvote 0

cantata

Queer non-theist, with added jam.
Feb 20, 2007
Oxford, UK
✟24,693.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The fact is that some of the best-quality programming out there deals with "adult themes" - sex, drugs, and violence - and I don't see why I should be denied watching them because some bad parent somewhere just plonks their kids in front of the television and doesn't take any notice of what they're watching.

Upvote 0

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
Why indeed?

It's easy to set a TV to only show G and PG shows.

Is it? I suspect this may not be technology that's filtered over to the UK yet. But I'd love to know how it's done and what it involves.

Upvote 0

stan1980

Veteran
Jan 7, 2008
✟12,040.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Is it? I suspect this may not be technology that's filtered over to the UK yet. But I'd love to know how it's done and what it involves.

I have sky (I have to have it for the sports), and I've noticed sometimes on the movie channels, it asks me for a pin number if I try and watch a film before the watershed time (it never asks if the same film is on later). So the technology appears to be there in some formats, although it doesn't look like many channels make use of it yet. It's probably a ratings loser if most people are like me and can never remember their pin number.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Greys Anatomy.
At least, there are two girls on the show who have been kissing a fair bit!

Oh.. I never could get into that show -- are they doing it like "oh my god i kissed a girl and I liked it" bicurious type thing? Or are they doing it as a couple people fumbling into a relationship kind of thing?

1 show? all that GLBT stuff being forced on us and all we have is gray's anatomy for the ladies?

Upvote 0

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wanderingone-

One of the girls kissed another to annoy a guy. That was how it started. The the one who was kissed couldn't stop thinking about it, so she went back to her a few days later and kissed her back (and the kissing went on for quite a while).
Have to wait until next season to find out what actually happens :s

Oh it's "I kissed a girl and I liked it" kind of thing... they've probably got a couple plot lines ready depending on feedback.

Upvote 0