Outrage as Florida Republicans pass ‘fascist’ bill to remove trans kids from parents’ custody

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟497,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Protecting children from being mutilated will hurt Christians?

Children are being hurt with the help of the influencers and now the US Governent.

Indeed so.

Reactions: JimR-OCDS
Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟154,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Whether you agree with parents giving their children the go-ahead to transition or not or agree with kids transitioning or not, you have to see this as fascist and completely wrong. These children should not be removed from their parents. These kids are not being abused and a doctor has signed off on their care.

This is sickening and is in the very state where I live. I am hating this state more and more. I would have left, but I have two young children here that I will not leave behind from a previous marriage. , but I long for the days when I lived in the Mid-Atlantic where I was raised. This may actually even push me to be fully Democrat instead of in the middle as a moderate. I am seeing more and more that there seem to be not many moderate Republicans left for me to support.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Republican lawmakers in Florida have sparked outrage after passing a bill that LGBTQ advocates say will strip trans children from their parents' custody.

SB254 — which one former lawmaker has called "fascist" legislation — would allow the state to rip children from their parents when they are "at risk" or "subjected" to gender-affirming health care. The bill is written so that even a child of Floridian parents living out of state could trigger the law.

“I can’t believe I’m writing this,” Carlos Guillermo Smith, a former House lawmaker, and the state’s first Latino LGTBQ representative, wrote on Twitter last month. “This is fascist.”

Kara Gross, the legislative director and senior policy counsel of the ACLU in Florida, called the state's assault on trans existence "shameful."

“It is shameful that our Florida Legislature continues to pass dangerous bills designed to silence, harm, and erase trans people in Florida," she said in a statement. "These bills directly threaten transgender Floridians’ fundamental human rights and safety. The Florida Legislature’s insistence on targeting trans people is bizarre, unnecessary, unconstitutional, and extremely dangerous."

Outrage as Florida Republicans pass ‘fascist’ bill to remove trans kids from parents
Under normal circumstances, I would agree with you about removing children from the parent's home.
There can be abuses that come from being too willing to do so. Exceptions are when the child is the victim of physical or sexual abuse.
However, I think there is an answer for this. I think surgery and hormones should not be given to minors under 18. It should not be legal until 18.
I don't care what some medical doctors think or will prescribe.
Merrill in post # 20 makes a very salient point.
I don't care what consenting adults do, once they are of age.
Childrens frontal lobes are not fully formed until they are 18 sometimes into their early 20's which has the impulse control and decision making
part. Parents have a right to guide and protect their children, and we are seeing some laws proposed that want to do the opposite, taking children from parents who refuse to allow them to transition.
This is why we don't allow alcohol and tobacco until they are 21 and piercings and tattoos until they are of age.
This is why, if I had had a party at my house giving alchohol to my kids and their friends, I would have had my kids likely taken
away along with being charged.
I don't want to see kids taken away from their parents. I agree with you on that.
The solution for me would be a law, banning surgery and hormones until after 18.

Surgery and hormones are permanent-there is no going back. The children are made permanently sterile in most cases.
Also, in some cases where the child is very young, how do we know it is what the child wants, or if it's what the parent(s) want for them?

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟259,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
The actual law. It only temporarily gives the state emergency jurisdiction over the child.

In other words, a parent who is sending their child for gender transition therapy, will
have the state look at abuse of the child in this matter.

Fact is, gender transition therapy using drugs or surgery for a child under 18, is abuse, there is no two ways about it.
Amen.

Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you support a child being mutilated with drugs and surgery, even if the parent is allowing it to
get attention for themselves as victims?

This is what Munchausen by Proxy is about.
What some consider "mutilation" is a health procedure that will bring them peace. Per their own words. I don't understand their pilgrimage with Christ. That's not the cross God has given me personally. I DO understand the burden that others put on someone when it comes to conforming to how THEY think the person should live. I do understand Depression and Anxiety. I do want us as the Body of Christ do to what we can to LOVE and support those who go through this pilgrimage. I do not want people to get pushed over the edge to the point of where they kill themselves.

A human being who - per their doctors, therapists, parents, educators, etc - has decided this is where they need to go with God is between them and God.

Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is wrong for children to be mutilated. It is wrong for them to be indoctrinated into this LGBT garbage.
These people understand this about themselves from an early age. There is NO indoctrinate going on. They understand something about themsevles and while "fleshing out" the details they learn that they are - per many Christian groups - disgusting, sinful, hated by God, etc. Nobody seems to care to teach them they are loved, Christ stands before them for their lives so they may have salvation. So they shut up and they suffer from ever showing Christ their true selves. There is no indoctrinated going on. Just stop with the parroting of media and fake teaching nonsense. The Devil has warped our minds way too much.

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟192,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What some consider "mutilation" is a health procedure that will bring them peace. Per their own words. I don't understand their pilgrimage with Christ. That's not the cross God has given me personally. I DO understand the burden that others put on someone when it comes to conforming to how THEY think the person should live. I do understand Depression and Anxiety. I do want us as the Body of Christ do to what we can to LOVE and support those who go through this pilgrimage. I do not want people to get pushed over the edge to the point of where they kill themselves.

A human being who - per their doctors, therapists, parents, educators, etc - has decided this is where they need to go with God is between them and God.
The problem is, it's not a health procedure. There is a current epidemic among young teen girls seeking to change to males. Sexual transition very rarely brings the person peace, but conflict with themselves.

Today we are seeing more and more stories about individuals with transgender regret and the permanent damage done to them by doctors, therapists and influencers.

Just wearing a suit of a different gender doesn't change your biological reality.

• Agree
Reactions: Merrill
Upvote 0

Eschatologist

Apr 25, 2023
North Carolina
✟9,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
White liberals are only about 5-15 percent of the population. Most people, including Latinos, are moderates, not conservatives.

The notion that Latino people are anti-LGBT and socially conservative is a generalization of a group that is diverse and isn't monolithic.
Most people that aren't liberals/progressives are not cool with a lot of the things that the trans agenda involves, like pushing trans ideology in schools and media. Most people that are moderates don't view someone with a penis as a woman, regardless of their identity preference. Now, it is true that a lot of people are willing to go along with the agenda to avoid conflict or being cancelled, but that doesn't mean they agree with the concept. A lot of moderates are not cool with biological males competing against biological females in sports or having them enter women's bathrooms or locker rooms either.

Whites overall do seem to be more weak-willed about this stuff than Latinos, who tend to make their disapproval more known when it involves something that matters to them.

Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The problem is, it's not a health procedure.
Your opinion ^^^. Ask the medical and science community who developed the procedure and has worked with people who are asking for this and they would highly disagree with you. Being that I'm not a medical professional or a scientist or anyone who can diagnose health needs, I'll trust their educated explanation on this.

Bonus points... Christ still loves them ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Protecting children from being mutilated will hurt Christians?

Children are being hurt with the help of the influencers and now the US Governent.
Okay let's be honest: pastors and priests have also hurt children. The Christian body is not innocent and our faith per human perspective has no idea on how to truly love people who have this Cross.

Upvote 0

Eschatologist

Apr 25, 2023
North Carolina
✟9,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your opinion ^^^. Ask the medical and science community who developed the procedure and has worked with people who are asking for this and they would highly disagree with you. Being that I'm not a medical professional or a scientist or anyone who can diagnose health needs, I'll trust their educated explanation on this.

Appealing to authority only goes so far. Scientists and doctors get a lot of things wrong.

There was a time when doctors used lobotomies as a first resort to treat various mental illnesses, for example. And when a monetary incentive is involved (the high profitability of sex reassignment surgery and hormone therapy), said methods will be promoted more often than they otherwise would be. It's no different from how certain drugs or vaccines get pushed more often due to incentives from pharmaceutical companies.

At some point, common sense has to come into play. Like the body integrity disorder example I mentioned before, the problem for trans people is not their bodies. It's their minds. We're taking the wrong approach because of money and political pressure from LGBT activists.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,281,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Most people that aren't liberals/progressives are not cool with a lot of the things that the trans agenda involves, like pushing trans ideology in schools and media. Most people that are moderates don't view someone with a penis as a woman, regardless of their identity preference. Now, it is true that a lot of people are willing to go along with the agenda to avoid conflict or being cancelled, but that doesn't mean they agree with the concept. A lot of moderates are not cool with biological males competing against biological females in sports or having them enter women's bathrooms or locker rooms either.

Some things to consider:

Only about 8 percent of Americans closely follow this issue. It's possible most people are simply not well-informed on this issue.

Surveys show that most Americans are against discrimination against transpeople in housing and employment, and public spaces.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟192,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I've heard multiple doctors say that transgender drugs and surgery is not health care, but just the opposite.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟192,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Okay let's be honest: pastors and priests have also hurt children. The Christian body is not innocent and our faith per human perspective has no idea on how to truly love people who have this Cross.
The number of priest who have hurt children is very small.

Only 4% of the population of priest in the US, have had sexual abuse cases made against them. Not all
were proven guilty and often the priest has deceased. The majority were homosexual priest with
young men. The number of actual pedophiles, i.e. and adult having sex with a prepubescent child,
is less than 1% of that 4%.

FYI, this is according to a study conducted by Dr Philip Jenkins, who BTW, is not Catholic and
had no bias to serve.

Again, heterosexuals have no desires to have sex with others of the same gender, especially
males with males. They in fact find the idea disgusting!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟192,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Some things to consider:

Only about 8 percent of Americans closely follow this issue. It's possible most people are simply not well-informed on this issue.

Surveys show that most Americans are against discrimination against transpeople in housing and employment, and public spaces.

Well in Florida there was enough people to place a ballot question to prohibit transgender and other sexual
education for kids from kindergarten to 3rd grade. The leftist distorted what the ballot question really was.
Disney executives called it the "Don't Say Gay" bill. However, the word gay was not in the bill.

Upvote 0

Eschatologist

Apr 25, 2023
North Carolina
✟9,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some things to consider:

From the source you posted, most of the questions asked resulted in a plurality taking the conservative view regarding trans issues. It is true that about 25% on each question took the "neither favor nor oppose" position, but the only question that resulted in a plurality taking the progressive position was the discrimination question you cited.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,281,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
From the source you posted, most of the questions asked resulted in a plurality taking the conservative view regarding trans issues. It is true that about 25% on each question took the "neither favor nor oppose" position, but the only question that resulted in a plurality taking the progressive position was the discrimination question you cited.

I think that's not insignificant. It means the majority of Americans recognize the basic humanity of transpeople, despite attempts by the far-right to take that away from them.

Upvote 0

Eschatologist

Apr 25, 2023
North Carolina
✟9,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think that's not insignificant. It means the majority of Americans recognize the basic humanity of transpeople, despite attempts by the far-right to take that away from them.
It's not "taking away the humanity" of trans people to insist they have their minds fixed rather than their bodies mutilated into a farce of what they fantasize as being.

If anything, it is the LGBT lobby that takes away their humanity by ostracizing those who de-transition after they figure out that surgery and hormones aren't the answer.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,124,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Again, it's illegal for a doctor to refuse to provide transition drugs or surgery, when a child and parent come
to him for such. A doctor can lose his/her license to practice if they refuse.

Also, the child can be taken away from the parents if they refuse to provide transitioning for the child.

No one is complaining about this fact, which is in place today.
I believe you but I need a source that supports your information. Thanks.

Upvote 0