Visit site
✟838,121.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
2 Peter 3:8. How long is a "day" for God?
2 Peter 3:8 has nothing to do with the Creation week. It directly refers to the delay of the second coming. It weakens your argument when you have to twist Scripture out of context to try and prove your point. You have been brainwashed to believe an old earth creation and nothing I can say will change that. You can keep trolling me if you wish but don't expect any further response from me.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟223,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
2 Peter 3:8 has nothing to do with the Creation week.
It has everything to do with the Creation week! It's about God's reckoning of time, not yours.
It directly refers to the delay of the second coming.
Oh, so apparently God's reckoning of time varies with how much it influences your favorite doctrines Handy, that.
It weakens your argument when you have to twist Scripture out of context to try and prove your point.
Wanna read what it says again, and what the commentators I cited say it means? Wanna see if you can find any commentator who agrees with the limits you place on what St. Peter said? Boy, for a Biblical Literalist, you sure feel free to retranslate it to suit your personal presuppositions. If it were anyone else, I'd have to assume that they were just making up "rules" to keep the Bible from getting in the way of their beliefs. Surely one can''t be that dishonest and still manage to face themselves in the mirror. Or can they?
You have been brainwashed to believe an old earth creation
At least I don't have to say "No, that doesn't count!" as much as you so, or assign limits the what the Scripture actually says. like you feel the need to do.
and nothing I can say will change that.
Yeah, it comes down to believing the Bible or your claptrap, so I have to go with the latter. Not a hard choice, really.
You can keep trolling me if you wish but don't expect any further response from me.
Well there's a shocker!

In the words of Curly Bill Brocius:

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟838,121.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
It has everything to do with the Creation week! It's about God's reckoning of time, not yours.

Oh, so apparently God's reckoning of time varies with how much it influences your favorite doctrines Handy, that.

Wanna read what it says again, and what the commentators I cited say it means? Wanna see if you can find any commentator who agrees with the limits you place on what St. Peter said? Boy, for a Biblical Literalist, you sure feel free to retranslate it to suit your personal presuppositions. If it were anyone else, I'd have to assume that they were just making up "rules" to keep the Bible from getting in the way of their beliefs. Surely one can''t be that dishonest and still manage to face themselves in the mirror. Or can they?

At least I don't have to say "No, that doesn't count!" as much as you so, or assign limits the what the Scripture actually says. like you feel the need to do.

Yeah, it comes down to believing the Bible or your claptrap, so I have to go with the latter. Not a hard choice, really.

Well there's a shocker!

In the words of Curly Bill Brocius:
Because God created time, therefore He exists outside of it. This is why God is not limited to our measurement of time. However, the Creation week is within our measurement of time. Only in eternity where God dwells where there is no time, a thousand hears in our time is just a mere day in ours. Therefore, Genesis 1 saying "Evening and morning, the first day", etc for five successful days, shows that creation took six 24 hours days in our time. Therefore trying to apply 1 Peter 3:8 to creation week is irrelevant.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟223,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because God created time, therefore He exists outside of it.
No duh!
This is why God is not limited to our measurement of time.
So far so good. I'm waiting for your "except this time" dance.
However, the Creation week is within our measurement of time.
Since it was us doing it and not God?
Only in eternity where God dwells where there is no time, a thousand hears in our time is just a mere day in ours.
But God wasn't in eternity where He dwells during the Creation, He was in Wellington?
Therefore, Genesis 1 saying "Evening and morning, the first day", etc for five successful days, shows that creation took six 24 hours days in our time.
Because your doctrine plainly says so. Give over, it's still rubbish no matter how you try to maneuver out of it.
Therefore trying to apply 1 Peter 3:8 to creation week is irrelevant.
Because you want God to be bound by time in this one instance to keep Him from fouling up your favorite doctrine.

Good luck with that.

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's very interesting that everywhere else where the Hebrew word "yom" is used, everyone knows exactly what it means, and yet in Genesis 1:1 where it is plainly obvious that "evening and morning" means a 24 hour day, they dispute that meaning. I think that they don't want to believe that God created the world in six 24 hour days. They are accepting the doubt that Satan said Eve: "Did God really say that?"

Also, on the first day God said, "Let there be light". It wasn't until the 4th day that He created the sun and the moon, but the earth was there and was rotating. We are not told where the original light came from, but obvious there was an evening and morning which made up a 24 hour day caused by the rotation of the earth. God is quite capable of creating a source of light and He doesn't have to say where it came from, until He came around to lighting up the sun on the 4th day.

So, the word of man says that Genesis 1:1 does not consist in 24 hour days, yet the word of God says it does. I'd rather go with the word of God in favour of the word of man.

Some try to use the verse: "A day to the Lord is as a thousand years" (and leave out the rest of the verse which says "A thousand years as a day"). But that verse in 2 Peter 3:8 has nothing to do with creation. The context is to answer people who are doubting the second coming of Christ because it is taking a long time to happen. Peter is saying that God, not being limited by our time, even a thousand years to God is just one day to Him, and this shows that He is in no hurry to end the Church Age. So to apply it to creation to try and say that the day in Genesis 1:1 could be thousands of years, is to twist the Scripture right out of its context and make it mean something that Peter never meant it to mean.

Your reasoning that an evening and morning could be weeks apart is just stupid. The Scripture clearly says, "Evening and morning, the first day" then "evening and morning the second day", etc.

Furthermore, seeing that we have a seven day week, where there is six days of work and one day of rest. Therefore our working week was set by God by the seven days of creation. But if you don't believe that, then your working week must be pretty arduous having days of thousands of years in between! :) But shows the illogical reasoning those who prefer the word of man to the clear word of God.
So the word of man says earth was rotating at it's current rate of speed yet the word of God says nothing about earth's rotating speed in Genesis 1:1, hmm

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟838,121.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
So the word of man says earth was rotating at it's current rate of speed yet the word of God says nothing about earth's rotating speed in Genesis 1:1, hmm
Yes it does. It says "evening and morning" six times. The only way for it to be an evening and a morning is for the earth to rotate to vary the intensity of the light source. Basic common sense really.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟223,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rotating speed is irrelevant if there's no sun creating evenings and mornings.

Beyond that, 2 Peter 3:8 puts paid to God being bound by a "day" being 24 hours. Trying to "explain away" that fact is simply ridiculous. "Oh, but that didn't count this time..". Right. It only counts when it doesn't affect your doctrine. They the worst kind of rubbish.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟223,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes it does. It says "evening and morning" six times.
How fast is an evening? At what latitude, and in what season? Hmmm...

Ah, but you're the bloke who said:

"God said that He created the world in six 24 hour days."

Still haven't found that verse. You sure God really said that?

The only way for it to be an evening and a morning is for the earth to rotate to vary the intensity of the light source. Basic common sense really.
What light source was that? The one you say had to be there, that isn't mentioned at all in Scripture?

Hmmmm...

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟838,121.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Beyond that, 2 Peter 3:8 puts paid to God being bound by a "day" being 24 hours. Trying to "explain away" that fact is simply ridiculous. "Oh, but that didn't count this time..". Right. It only counts when it doesn't affect your doctrine. They the worst kind of rubbish.
Because the sun was not created until the fourth day, there was obviously another source of light the nature of which we are not told. When God said, "Let there be light" a source of light suddenly appeared. that enabled the first three days to occur before the sun was created and lit up.

How about reading the Bible sometime and seeing what it actually says instead of making stuff up out of your imagination?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟838,121.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
How fast is an evening? At what latitude, and in what season? Hmmm...

Ah, but you're the bloke who said:

"God said that He created the world in six 24 hour days."

Still haven't found that verse. You sure God really said that?

What light source was that? The one you say had to be there, that isn't mentioned at all in Scripture?

Hmmmm...
It does say that a source of light was there, because right at the start God said, "Let there be light". That took place four days before the sun was created. Anyone with half a brain would know that there was a source of light that appeared when God said, "Let there be light".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟297,995.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
2 Peter 3:8 has nothing to do with the Creation week. It directly refers to the delay of the second coming. It weakens your argument when you have to twist Scripture out of context to try and prove your point. You have been brainwashed to believe an old earth creation and nothing I can say will change that. You can keep trolling me if you wish but don't expect any further response from me.
Another understanding of Genesis is that the 7 days are actually ex materia not ex nihilo.

‭‭Genesis 1:1-3 NASB
[1] In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. [2] And the earth was a formless and desolate emptiness, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters. [3] Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light.

‭‭Genesis 1:1-3 NRSVUE‬‬
[1] When God began to create the heavens and the earth, [2] the earth was complete chaos, and darkness covered the face of the deep, while a wind from God swept over the face of the waters. [3] Then God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

‭‭Genesis 1:1-3 NRSV‬‬
[1] In the beginning when God created the heavens and the earth, [2] the earth was a formless void and darkness covered the face of the deep, while a wind from God swept over the face of the waters. [3] Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light.

The earth was a formless void when God began, or in the beginning when God began to create.

And God begins creating in verse 3, with the spoken word. As God begins every day of creation with "and God said".

And so creation doesn't begin until verse 3. And verse 2 is background.

Meaning that the Bible never says how long the Earth was formless before God began creating ex materia in verse 3.

And this aligns well with ancient near east cosmology in the Bible.

In reality the text is just describing a 7 day temple inauguration that has nothing to do with the age of the earth.

That's why God rests on His throne in His temple (heaven and earth) on day 7 of Genesis.

‭‭Isaiah 66:1-2 NASB
[1] This is what the Lord says: “Heaven is My throne and the earth is the footstool for My feet. Where then is a temple you could build for Me? And where is a place that I may rest? [2] “For My hand made all these things, So all these things came into being,” declares the Lord.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟223,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It does say that a source of light was there, because right at the start God said, "Let there be light". That took place four days before the sun was created. Yeah, the moon and stars were created then as well. No mention of any other light sources, though, although there could have been some that simply weren't mentioned.

Anyone with half a brain would know that there was a source of light that appeared when God said, "Let there be light".
Want to describe it for us, and how it worked to cause evenings and mornings? You really seem to know a lot more than Scripture tells us, so I'm keen to know about this light source. Was it a directional beam, or omnidirectional like the sun? Where was it situated in relation to the earth? I mean, the moon and stars are light sources. but they don't really cause evenings and mornings, do they? It could have been something of that nature.

And we still don't know know how fast the earth was spinning then, do we? God could have had it running at different speeds during the creation process if He wanted to.

You need to give us thode details, mate. The Bible is woefully lacking in that regard, and you can fill in those gaps for us. I mean, you know down to the minute how long it too God to create everything.

We know there's a whole lot of stuff that looks like it too a whole lot longer than 518,400 seconds to make. Did God just make it look really old to fake us out? That idea doesn't appeal to me for a lot of reasons. \

And I reckon the more important thing to me is why we need to nail down a time it took God to do anything? The fact that He did it is the important thing IMO. "Nah, I think it took 2,346 seconds <or> than that." Right.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟223,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How about reading the Bible sometime and seeing what it actually says instead of making stuff up out of your imagination?
You're gaslighting again old man. You're the one who quoted God saying that the creation happened in six 24 hour days. The Bible, and hence, God, says no such thing. You just stuck it in there as though your word was equivalent to God's. Naughty naughty! And you've also made up stuff about a "light source" that once again, is never mentioned in the Bible. You still need t make up some details about this hitherto unknown light source, but I'm sure you won't disappoint us.

We know, from actual Scripture, that God created light first of all things. but as to its source there's nary a word. So you feel the need to supply some, and we're to accept it... why are we supposed to accept it? Becuase you'll say mean things abnout us if we don't? I think I can work through the pain on that.

Back in the late 19th century, the Russelites (now the Jehovah's Witnesses) found that there was stuff that really ought to be in the Bible that simply wasn't. For instance, they thought that John 1:1 created confusion by saying "the Word was with God and the word was God". The JWs, of course, believe that our Lord is a created being, probably the archangel Michael, and therefore it was blasphemous to say "the Word was God". So, when they genned up their new, improved, even more effective "translation" of the Bible, they fixed that problem, by inserting the indefinite article "a" in the sentence, to make it read "the Word was with God and the Word was a god. Because, you see, anyone with half a brain knew that had to be true! They just gave God some much needed help with His words.

Nothing new under the sun is there mate? When you see that the Bible has missed something, or simply got it wrong, it's your duty to fix it! Right? You're just doing God's Work for HIm. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes it does. It says "evening and morning" six times. The only way for it to be an evening and a morning is for the earth to rotate to vary the intensity of the light source. Basic common sense really.
You don't know if the earth was spinning one mile an hour or a thousand miles an hour. And that doesn't change there being a evening and morning it only changes the length of the day.

The galaxy that the solar system resides in has a evening and morning, spin rate a lot longer than 24 hours. the lights in the center of the milky way is way older than the sun. And some in the spiral arms are older than that.

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Your bounding a 24 hour day that isn't the same as a day with the Lord. He isn't bound to anything in that verse. If a day is like a thousand years or vice-versa than certainly a minute is like a million years.

So your saying each day was a thousand years as well?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟838,121.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
You don't know if the earth was spinning one mile an hour or a thousand miles an hour. And that doesn't change there being a evening and morning it only changes the length of the day.

The galaxy that the solar system resides in has a evening and morning, spin rate a lot longer than 24 hours. the lights in the center of the milky way is way older than the sun. And some in the spiral arms are older than that.
The use of the word "yom" in Genesis 1:1 is exactly the same as all the other places where "yom" is used to denote a 24 hour day.

Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟297,995.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The use of the word "yom" in Genesis 1:1 is exactly the same as all the other places where "yom" is used to denote a 24 hour day.
I'll just point this out again. The days of Genesis are about a temple inauguration. It's not about the age of the earth.

Heaven and earth is God's temple. The Bible tells us this clearly.

‭‭Isaiah 66:1-2 NASB
[1] This is what the Lord says: “Heaven is My throne and the earth is the footstool for My feet. Where then is a house [temple] you could build for Me? And where is a place that I may rest? [2] “For My hand made all these things, So all these things came into being,” declares the Lord.

When God rests on the 7th day, His resting place is on the throne. As is noted in many places in the old testament. It's His temple throne room.

‭‭Psalms 132:7-8 NIV‬‬
[7] “Let us go to his dwelling place, let us worship at his footstool, saying, [8] ‘Arise, Lord, and come to your resting place, you and the ark of your might.
[13] For the Lord has chosen Zion, he has desired it for his dwelling, saying, [14] “This is my resting place for ever and ever; here I will sit enthroned, for I have desired it.

The Lord is in His holy temple; the Lord’s throne is in heaven; His eyes see, His eyelids test the sons of mankind.
Psalms 11:4

“Now then arise, Lord God, to Your resting place, You and the ark of Your might; let Your priests, Lord God, be clothed with salvation, and let Your godly ones rejoice in what is good.
2 Chronicles 6:41

And every temple, when it's constructed, has a 7-day inauguration. It's right there in the Bible:

‭‭2 Chronicles 7:1 NIV‬‬
[1] When Solomon finished praying, fire came down from heaven and consumed the burnt offering and the sacrifices, and the glory of the Lord filled the temple.
[5] And King Solomon offered a sacrifice of twenty-two thousand head of cattle and a hundred and twenty thousand sheep and goats. So the king and all the people dedicated the temple of God.
[8] So Solomon observed the festival at that time for seven days, and all Israel with him—a vast assembly, people from Lebo Hamath to the Wadi of Egypt.

And that 7-day celebration is when God enters His temple and takes up the throne:

‭‭2 Chronicles 5:13-14 NIV‬‬
[13] The trumpeters and musicians joined in unison to give praise and thanks to the Lord. Accompanied by trumpets, cymbals and other instruments, the singers raised their voices in praise to the Lord and sang: “He is good; his love endures forever.” Then the temple of the Lord was filled with the cloud, [14] and the priests could not perform their service because of the cloud, for the glory of the Lord filled the temple of God.

“But will God indeed dwell on the earth? Even heaven and the highest heaven cannot contain you, much less this house [temple] that I have built!
Hear the plea of your servant and of your people Israel when they pray toward this place; O hear in heaven your dwelling place; hear and forgive.
1 King‬ ‭8:27‬

As the glory of the Lord entered the temple by the gate facing east, the Spirit lifted me up and brought me into the inner court; and behold, the glory of the Lord filled the temple. While the man was standing beside me, I heard one speaking to me out of the temple, and he said to me, “Son of man, this is the place of my throne and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the people of Israel forever. And the house of Israel shall no more defile my holy name, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoring and by the dead bodies of their kings at their high places,
Ezekiel 43:4‭-‬7

And that's what the 7-days of Genesis is actually about. It has nothing to do with science or geology or anything like that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sheila Davis

Nov 18, 2020
Houston
✟65,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm not quite sure what I believe about the days of Genesis. I have seen many arguments for the old earth perspective that the six days of the creation week are not meant to be literal 24 hour days, but rather long periods of time.

I do find old earth creationism compelling on the surface, but I find some difficulties in reconciling it with Scripture.

For example, Exodus 20:11 seems to reinforce the young earth view that it actually was six literal days.

I feel like if we were not meant to take the Creation Week as six 24 hour days, then I don't think it would have been reiterated in the 10 Commandments.

What are your thoughts?
No one knows the mind of God and cannot say as an absolute God wouldn't have done this or that.

No one knows according to man's time how long it took - as it is written a day to the Lord is as a thousand years and A thousand years is as a day (it could just as well be said a day is like a million years or a trillion years to him and a trillion years or a million years is like a day to him) - God nor the heavenly host or anything God or them does is subjected to time as man knows it. Time was created for man to measure life spans by ( God I already knew the ending when he started the beginning. )

Much of the church feels science is wrong but when I look at science and I look at the creation in Genesis I see they coincide with each other.

God said let there be light - the Big Bang had a burst of microwave radiation light that lit up the universe within the first three to four seconds. Microwave radiation light is very bright if the human eye could see it.

God separated the waters from the waters, then God brought forth land from the midst of the waters __ 1)science has discovered the universe is full of water ... 2) science has determined Earth's water is older than the Earth and the Sun ... 3 science now theorize the Earth was once a water world where no land was visible.

God told the Earth to bring forth plants _ God told the waters to bring forth life abundantly _ God told Earth to bring forth Beast which are huge ferocious animals and cattle which are tamer ( dinosaurs and what we have today) --from the scientific point whether through a biogenesis or panspermia the Earth brought forth life.... But God formed man, breathed the breath of life into man himself, and placed him in the garden that he had prepared in the East of Eden.

And when read God created male and female and he told them to be fruitful multiply and **replenish** the Earth -replenish means to do over or fill up *AGAIN.* There are a handful of theologians/pastors that preach teach the correct translation of Genesis 1:2 is the earth **became** void and without form which would give a better understanding..
Both those scriptures indicates something happen and the Earth was caught in the middle of it _ that might be what happened to the dinosaurs instead of meteorites/asteroids. That too indicates an old Earth.

The good thing is whether one believes in a young Earth or an old earth it's not going to save one or damn one.

My personal belief is an old Earth and misusage of the Hebrew word

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟838,121.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
No one knows the mind of God and cannot say as an absolute God wouldn't have done this or that.

No one knows according to man's time how long it took - as it is written a day to the Lord is as a thousand years and A thousand years is as a day (it could just as well be said a day is like a million years or a trillion years to him and a trillion years or a million years is like a day to him) - God nor the heavenly host or anything God or them does is subjected to time as man knows it. Time was created for man to measure life spans by ( God I already knew the ending when he started the beginning. )

Much of the church feels science is wrong but when I look at science and I look at the creation in Genesis I see they coincide with each other.

God said let there be light - the Big Bang had a burst of microwave radiation light that lit up the universe within the first three to four seconds. Microwave radiation light is very bright if the human eye could see it.

God separated the waters from the waters, then God brought forth land from the midst of the waters __ 1)science has discovered the universe is full of water ... 2) science has determined Earth's water is older than the Earth and the Sun ... 3 science now theorize the Earth was once a water world where no land was visible.

God told the Earth to bring forth plants _ God told the waters to bring forth life abundantly _ God told Earth to bring forth Beast which are huge ferocious animals and cattle which are tamer ( dinosaurs and what we have today) --from the scientific point whether through a biogenesis or panspermia the Earth brought forth life.... But God formed man, breathed the breath of life into man himself, and placed him in the garden that he had prepared in the East of Eden.

And when read God created male and female and he told them to be fruitful multiply and **replenish** the Earth -replenish means to do over or fill up *AGAIN.* There are a handful of theologians/pastors that preach teach the correct translation of Genesis 1:2 is the earth **became** void and without form which would give a better understanding..
Both those scriptures indicates something happen and the Earth was caught in the middle of it _ that might be what happened to the dinosaurs instead of meteorites/asteroids. That too indicates an old Earth.

The good thing is whether one believes in a young Earth or an old earth it's not going to save one or damn one.

My personal belief is an old Earth and misusage of the Hebrew word
How do you account for the fact that Adam was created on the sixth day? Are you saying that Adam lived for millions of years during the sixth day? If you are saying that the first five days took millions of years each, then Adam must have lived for millions of years during the sixth day of creation. Or, the sixth day, just like the previous five were just 24 hours. Otherwise how could five days be millions of years each, and the sixth 24 hours? Seems illogical to me seeing that Adam lived just over 900 years after the Fall.

Upvote 0