Uruguay
✟462,935.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If your god were good, it would have answered.

The gospel works, and is the only thing people needs, almost, nothing else comes close. If you tasted how the HS is, you couldn't say God isn't good. Living without God in this life is a waste of time :(

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟462,935.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe for you.

I think is a bit of wisdom actually, what we can do when nobody else can help us, maybe a life situation or something, God there is a very big help to have watching for our benefit and in our side.

Also there is a lot of issues we can have only God can resolve, and he does heal people, traumas, etc.
Only God can understand our heart to the deepest and heal it. Also comfort us when we have pain inside, or hunger. doctors can't do that.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟942,899.00
Faith
Atheist
I think is a bit of wisdom actually, what we can do when nobody else can help us, maybe a life situation or something, God there is a very big help to have watching for our benefit and in our side.

Also there is a lot of issues we can have only God can resolve, and he does heal people, traumas, etc.
Only God can understand our heart to the deepest and heal it. Also comfort us when we have pain inside, or hunger. doctors can't do that.
You keep talking like I'll believe you. I won't. It doesn't matter how many times you repeat yourself.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟462,935.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You keep talking like I'll believe you. I won't. It doesn't matter how many times you repeat yourself.

I try only to speak the truth, what i'm certain of. So as a 'good witness' i tell what i know. Some think this is doing the snake oil salesman or trying to people to join a 'religion', some christians just want to others to experience the same things we did and are sure of, i don't gain anything convincing you, but you can gain a lot in my view.

Upvote 0
Aug 4, 2006
✟95,047.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I try only to speak the truth, what i'm certain of. So as a 'good witness' i tell what i know. Some think this is doing the snake oil salesman or trying to people to join a 'religion', some christians just want to others to experience the same things we did and are sure of, i don't gain anything convincing you, but you can gain a lot in my view.
This is a debating forum, not a church. Please respect that and follow the forum rules.

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Again you don't know what i have experienced my standards are high. I went from barely believing in God to believing for life, and i can't deny him.
Your standards seem exceptionally polarizing in that you want some absolute certainty rather than having the humility to consider you might be wrong. You can claim they're high, but it's more your regard to your standards that's excessive and high, not the standards themselves

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
That is depressing, but it won't change reality, you should try again with a different angle.
God its so important, that i wouldn't be so chill about letting him go. Maybe you were in contact with the wrong people, or you are missing something.
Or you're just trying to deflect away from the core issue, which is that what is compelling to you is not necessarily compelling to another, no matter how they may try. Your standards are not sufficient if all you rely on is subjective fluff and inference by fallacy.

If all you try to do is defend all the hits and ignore the misses as just being exceptions, you're engaging in massive confirmation bias

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Because when that happens to you, the HS revealing himself to you, you can't deny him, i'm talking about very clear experiences, not things you doubt after a while.
There are not clear experiences in terms of them being unequivocally believed because our senses are not 100% reliable, otherwise you're suggesting that we can trust all experiences equally. The speech patterns here reflect serious indoctrination, like you cannot critically examine your beliefs and justification objectively, apart from already being convinced they're true and fallaciously begging the question

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Oh well, i can say the same about atheists, that they have it wrong.
At least i have some proof of God existing.
You don't understand what proof is apart from the patently simplistic vernacular, which is effectively a way to say you aren't questioning it because it "seems" so evident and clear, when that's subjective and based on limited information, along with weak standards of evidence

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
It's the same for me. You could just say: I don't believe in gods existing, which is the same as i believe there is no God... so...
No, methinks you don't understand English as a language and that's fine if it's your second language, but don't talk as if you understand it when your response is to conflate them based on what may very well be ignorance of how phrasing works

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

Oh, very convenient that your God is a panacea for all these problems and also can't be investigated apart from sentimental mystical experiences. Almost as if you invented the problem and/or invented a solution that credulous people will buy into. Let me sell you some of this snake oil, cures your aches and pains quickly.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟462,935.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your standards seem exceptionally polarizing in that you want some absolute certainty rather than having the humility to consider you might be wrong. You can claim they're high, but it's more your regard to your standards that's excessive and high, not the standards themselves

If a person touches you in the arm, and you see him touch you, what more proof do you want that he touched you? i didn't see God like in the example but spiritually things can be very clear like that.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟462,935.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh, very convenient that your God is a panacea for all these problems and also can't be investigated apart from sentimental mystical experiences. Almost as if you invented the problem and/or invented a solution that credulous people will buy into. Let me sell you some of this snake oil, cures your aches and pains quickly.

Credulous or incredolous people gain a lot meeting Jesus, for you is just another false religion, but the gospel works.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟462,935.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, methinks you don't understand English as a language and that's fine if it's your second language, but don't talk as if you understand it when your response is to conflate them based on what may very well be ignorance of how phrasing works

Lack of belief, i don't believe in the existence of God, is the same, i don't see why atheists need to differentiate them. Don't complicate things.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟462,935.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You don't understand what proof is apart from the patently simplistic vernacular, which is effectively a way to say you aren't questioning it because it "seems" so evident and clear, when that's subjective and based on limited information, along with weak standards of evidence

You don't know...

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟462,935.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is a debating forum, not a church. Please respect that and follow the forum rules.

What, its forbiden to stand with your point of view in a debate forum? or there is a special forbidden category when someone talks about God?.
I'm just talking about what God did in my life so why that is bad?
It seems talking about God, that from an unbeliever point of view is very possible exists, triggers a lot of attitudes in some people..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aug 4, 2006
✟95,047.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
...a special forbidden category when someone talks about God?.
Yes. It's called "Feel free to talk about God as part of a reasoned argument, because this is a debating forum."
I'm just talking about what God did in my life so why that is bad?
Because you're in a debating forum and you're not trying to debate.
It seems talking about God, that from an unbeliever point of view is very possible exists, triggers a lot of attitudes in some people..
No, it's just that I'd rather you read MUST READ: Christian Apologetics Statement of Purpose and started to rationally defend your beliefs, rather than just proclaiming them.

On the other hand, I'm not displeased with your response, because this thread is all about asking Christians if they actually have any good arguments, evidence, reason or proof to back up their beliefs, and for thirty-two pages now they have failed to do so, with you being the latest not to be able to come up with anything.

Reactions: cvanwey
Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
If a person touches you in the arm, and you see him touch you, what more proof do you want that he touched you? i didn't see God like in the example but spiritually things can be very clear like that.

No, I can be far more certain (not absolutely), that a person interacted with me, but my mere perception of some imagined thing is not the same when there is no basis to think it isn't self deception like in the experiences of the supernatural by a mystical sense or such. Your metaphor utterly falls apart with basic investigation

Reactions: cvanwey
Upvote 0