Talmid HaYarok

Feb 3, 2003
Semi-Nomad
Visit site
✟702.00
Faith
Messianic
Story source

LOL, only took them 55 years to recognize that not all refugees during the 1948 war were Arabs.

This will hopefully be useful in finding a settlement to refugees from both sides in the Israel-Arab nation conflict. I find it interesting that it takes 55 years for official governing bodies to recognize these historic facts as being relevant.

Comments?

Talmid HaYarok

Feb 3, 2003
Semi-Nomad
Visit site
✟702.00
Faith
Messianic
A Canadian government official explained yesterday the Refugee Working Group of the Madrid peace process never had a mandate to place the plight of Jewish refugees from Arab countries on par with that of Palestinian refugees.

"It was not considered relevant because the Jewish refugees were not seeking to return in numbers that would markedly affect economies and population structures," the official said.

Sounds like the U.N. didn't want them to.

Upvote 0

Simcha

a.k.a. BeadieJay
Jun 24, 2003
England
Visit site
✟260.00
Faith
Messianic
Pray4Isrel said:
UN = Unnecessary

(This was the first thing our Israeli bus driver told us when we got off the plane) :D

ROFL :rolleyes: that is so funny, and very, very apt!!!

I wonder why they've decided to recognise Jewish refugees now. Just a teensy, weensy bit late, but hey, praise G-d that they have :clap:

Upvote 0

Simcha

a.k.a. BeadieJay
Jun 24, 2003
England
Visit site
✟260.00
Faith
Messianic
Knight said:
The UN HQ is in the US isn't it?

I've got a couple of questions.

Can we kick them out?
Wouldn't they be more comfortable in France?

noooooooooooooo, please don't send them to France, much too close to the UK for my liking LOL ;) Then we'd be stuck not just with the European Union but also the UN :eek: :( :cry::sigh: aaaaaargh!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Talmid HaYarok

Feb 3, 2003
Semi-Nomad
Visit site
✟702.00
Faith
Messianic
I think if the U.S. expelled the U.N. then they'd no longer let us get by without paying our member dues. :p

The U.N. is just a lynch mob of world leaders, the U.S. very much being a part of that. Its the hypocrisy its full of as a political body that gets me. The difference between U.N. politics and any other country is that U.N. politics is more out in the open since they don't have their own world media.

As for why now? Because enough member countries saw it as politically convenient at this time. What about world politics has changed in this era from the 1950s to do so though?

Upvote 0

Ryder

Whatever was the deplorable word
Jan 13, 2003
Michigan
✟23,089.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Simcha said:
noooooooooooooo, please don't send them to France, much too close to the UK for my liking LOL ;) Then we'd be stuck not just with the European Union but also the UN :eek: :( :cry::sigh: aaaaaargh!!!

There's a difference?, LOL
Sometimes I'd swear they got orders from the same place (at least on a few issues).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums