Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2002
WI
✟1,788,563.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cats take care of themselves very well, but they do vary in temperament quite a bit. Some are really calm and quiet while others are wild and crazy. I guess just realize that the cats don't know you either, and you'll both have to get to know each other. Be respectful of their sleep and their eating, be gentle if you have to wake them up and/or move them. Be nice to them and they'll most likely respond in kind.

Upvote 0

PegasusOnFire

is currently unsupervised...
Jun 25, 2003
Iowa
✟32,653.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Cats are really easy to take care of, trust me I grew up with them, in fact I still have the cat that I got when I was 5, she is now 18 years old, she was 1 when we got her.

1) Keep in mind that they may not come when called, don't worry, they are all like that.

2) You only need to feed them once aday if you are going to leave the food out all day.

3) KEEP THE LITTER BOX CLEAN, sorry, this is a biggy, they will go on your floor, bed clothes if you do not keep the litter box clean. They like a dirty bathroom as much as you do.

4) If they mess on your floor, take them to the vet, there might be something wrong with them.

5) Cats are very clean animals, you will want to change their water every day. If they are anything like Tiger they will use the water bowl to wash their paws after using the box.

6) Have fun with them, make sure they have things to keep them occupied while you are not home. This will keep them out of trouble.

Upvote 0

lucypevensie

Not drinking the kool-aid
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2002
WI
✟1,788,563.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Haha! Cats do stare very well! It gets freaky when they stare very intently at something that YOU cannot see. I get the creeps when my cats do that. They don't do it much though, and often it turns out to be a microscopic piece of cobweb that caught their eye. they have VERY sharp vision.

Upvote 0

PegasusOnFire

is currently unsupervised...
Jun 25, 2003
Iowa
✟32,653.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That is do true lucypevensie. My two do the same thing all the time. Especially Tige, my oldest. Now that she has gotten older she seems to stare more often. The other day Sassy, my youngest who happens to be 7, stared stareing at something that I couldn't see at all, then he went after it, turned out to be a spider.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.