Baden-Baden in the Black Forest, Germany
✟97,701.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
LOL, you seem to have responded to the wrong post.
Maybe it was some kind of Freudian slip to mix up Paul Pelosi and this DePape?
Because of some deep wish to see both Nancy Pelosi and Paul Pelosi behind bars?
As Nancy Pelosi has been a favourite hate object for that MAGA-fraction for a long time.

• Haha
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟490,346.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
States With the Most Undocumented Immigrants

#1: California
California’s estimated number of undocumented immigrants is 3,034,000 people. About 2,114,000 of these immigrants are from Mexico. Others are from Guatemala (200,000), El Salvador (111,000), and the Philippines (88,000). California has laws that protect immigrants without proper documentation.

#2: Texas
With 1,464,000 undocumented immigrants, Texas has the second-highest number in the country. The vast majority of these immigrants (1,138,000) claim Mexico as their home country. Unauthorized Mexican citizens don’t have far to travel to cross the border into Texas, as is the case with California as well.
Wait, the two states with the largest population have the largest populations of specific groups? No way! Who would have guessed?

Reactions: JosephZ
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟490,346.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟716,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is it any coincidence that Texas has far more border to secure, and far more area to police, with roughly half as many illegals as California?

QFT

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟165,490.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟840,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Republicans Continue to Spread Baseless Claims About Pelosi Attack

Mr. Musk linked to an opinion piece from the Santa Monica Observer, a website known to publish falsehoods, which offered an alternative account of what led to the attack on Mr. Pelosi. Relying on an anonymous source and providing no evidence, the article claimed that the attacker was a male prostitute.​

More details on the Observer, courtesy of the LA Times.

The Observer story was bylined Stan Greene, though my colleague, librarian Jennifer Arcand, was unable to find a trace of him.

In the place where a photo of Greene would normally run next to his stories, there is a gray square captioned “Image removed for reasons of personal security.” In 2016, a photo did run next to a false Observer story predicting President Obama would deschedule marijuana, but, as veteran cannabis journalist Tom Angell tweeted at the time, it was the headshot of UCLA law professor Julian Eule, who died in 1997.

It’s possible, as you’ll see, that Greene is a pseudonym for the Observer’s publisher, a longtime Santa Monica local named David Ganezer.

I’ve never run into Ganezer in journalism circles, but he’s made plenty of appearances in The Times over the years. Turns out, he is a former lawyer and failed Santa Monica City Council candidate who resigned from the state bar in 2001. His bio on the California bar website says disciplinary charges were pending against him when he resigned.

“Once a week, he put out this rag that was everywhere in Santa Monica,” Cole told me. “His coverage of City Hall was like the jokes you hear — ‘I heard from the brother of a friend of mine’s uncle’s girlfriend.’ Half true, half made-up, half wrong.”

In 2016, the Observer reported that Hillary Clinton was dead after she collapsed during a 9/11 commemoration ceremony in New York.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,107,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Further, she claimed that DePape had “progressive” viewpoints and likely wouldn’t harbor ill thoughts against Pelosi. However, she said she hadn’t been in contact with DePape in recent months.

"“David was a peace activist..."

Instead, DePape may have been under the influence of drugs.

"“David is a really sweet person..."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟216,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Further, she claimed that DePape had “progressive” viewpoints and likely wouldn’t harbor ill thoughts against Pelosi. However, she said she hadn’t been in contact with DePape in recent months.

"“David was a peace activist..."

Instead, DePape may have been under the influence of drugs.

"“David is a really sweet person..."

Uh-huh. You have a headline with Nancy and Paul's daughter "revealing details". Above this, you have snippets that "she claimed" and "she said" without revealing that it is Oxane 'Gypsy' Taub who is being quoted and not the daughter. If this is a mistake, it is sloppy and, if not, deceptive.

The article describes her as "a former girlfriend" without saying just how former.

The Epoch Times - I know it has a lot of headlines that tickle your fancy, but it is a highly unreliable source. If you take the stories you like and then try to find corroboration before you post them, we would all be the better for it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,107,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Uh-huh. You have a headline with Nancy and Paul's daughter "revealing details". Above this, you have snippets that "she claimed" and "she said" without revealing that it is Oxane 'Gypsy' Taub who is being quoted and not the daughter. If this is a mistake, it is sloppy and, if not, deceptive.

The article describes her as "a former girlfriend" without saying just how former.

The Epoch Times - I know it has a lot of headlines that tickle your fancy, but it is a highly unreliable source. If you take the stories you like and then try to find corroboration before you post them, we would all be the better for it.
Maybe if you read the article; it woiuld make more sense.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟216,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe if you read the article; it woiuld make more sense.
:sigh: I did read the article, that's how I know that your post was ... misleading.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,107,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I did read the article, that's how I know that your post was ... misleading.
Well, you're entitled to your opinion.

So what do you think about Taub's statements?

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟309,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

An ex-girlfriend said he was a "progressive" type and may have used drugs? Of what value do these vague claims have to the present and the actual attack?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,107,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
An ex-girlfriend said he was a "progressive" type and may have used drugs? Of what value do these vague claims have to the present and the actual attack?
I would suppose that a drug induced, warped sense of reality, could explain DePape's irrational statements and actions.

That hippie culture is a breeding ground for this sort of insanity.

Children, just say no!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟309,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I would suppose that a drug induced, warped sense of reality, could explain DePape's irrational statements and actions.

That hippie culture is a breeding ground for this sort of insanity.

Children, just say no!

So are theocratic mind control cults, like the publishers of the Epoch Times.

But Daisy's main point was that the ex-girlfriend was potentially out of date and we have other information (probably in this thead) about DePape's interest in RW conspiracies. (Perhaps anti-vax ones as well. The old hippies, natural food crowd, and RW-types have all fallen for that nonsense. It is a kind of gateway to the far right these days.)

Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,107,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
But Daisy's main point was that the ex-girlfriend was potentially out of date and we have other information (probably in this thead) about DePape's interest in RW conspiracies. (Perhaps anti-vax ones as well. The old hippies, natural food crowd, and RW-types have all fallen for that nonsense. It is a kind of gateway to the far right these days.)
What nonsense exactly did DePape fall for, in his drug defiled mind, that led him to the Pelosi house?

What were the lies that he wanted Pelosi to confess to?

Are you claiming that it was an anti vax conspiracy that drove this hippie to violence, and not the drugs?

If so, exactly which anti vax CT turns hippies to violence?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟216,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What are you disagreeing with? It is fact, not opinion, that you did not attribute the statements to Taub but left it to look like the "she" was Pelosis' daughter.

So you admit the statements were from Taub. I think that this has been extensively discussed:

• Post #11 - descent into madness
  • Post #34 - down the right-wing CT rabbit hole
  • Post #56 - DePape's delusions concerning his motive for the attack
  • Post #80 - your own post in which Taub describes dePape's mental illness and mentions they were together up until 7 years ago
  • Post #91 = links dePape's recent foray into white nationalism

Was there something you wanted to discuss that hasn't been gone over yet?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,107,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Was there something you wanted to discuss that hasn't been gone over yet?
Yes, the new information that was contained in the article, in the post that you responded to.

Upvote 0