Nov 25, 2012
✟15,245.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Most of y'all don't know me too well, so I thought I'd open up to y'all a little bit and tell you my story. I am a teenager, Reformed Presbyterian. I was born into a Christian home and I have never known a day apart from the Lord. I count myself blessed that I am like David and that God saved me in my mother's womb. I grew up in a Baptist school (elementary only) where i was taught that i had not done enough to be saved and that maybe if i ask again it will be more real. My pastor preached a series of sermons on Calvinism that really opened my eyes to the truth in of Reformed doctrine. Although I lean Calvinist, today I believe that Arminianism and Calvinism dance together, and am content to just have faith. Not surprisingly, my teenage years have been like I never imagined them to be. I have grown leaps and bounds in my faith. I have questioned so many things...I've thus gotten in too many arguments with my parents over silly things. I am learning that life is really just an intimate one on one relationship with the Lord, and I am slowly becoming content to stop talking to them about stuff, realizing that it does more harm than good. I am trying to open my mind. My church is ultra conservative and sometimes in angers me to no end. But at the end of the day, I need to be content there for now and see where God leads me. These past few years have been temptations galore, lol. I feel like I need space and independence, so relationships with my parents and siblings got harder to maintain. I also struggle a lot with sexual temptations, but I am working on it and I know that this time of patience building will hopefully not last forever! I am kind of insecure, but God is faithful and He is helping me every day!

-- K

Last edited: