Cape Town, South Africa
✟211,243.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I used to be CDs over digital, but I've switched to Apple Music for my music. I was listening on my computer anyway since I no longer have a CD player, and my work laptop doesn't have an optical drive, so I needed to rip everything and this just removes that part of the process. Although the main reason is that it's far cheaper. I have over 50 albums in my Apple Music library which were released this year, and there's no way I'd be able to afford them if were to have bought them all.

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟74,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I still feel like I am in the 90's due to fact my media source has never really changed. I prefer cds over streaming and never opened up to trying that form of music.
Nothing wrong with that! For a long time I used the older formats like CD's and cassette tapes.

My 2022 car has a CD player. It was one of the reasons why I picked that car.

(I hope it's okay that I'm posting here. I know this section of the forum is for certain ages. I couldn't help but notice this thread)

Reactions: Musicophile
Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟211,243.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I don't know whether Apple Music has ads, but I listen through iTunes, so the only change in how I was listening to my music is that it's being streamed rather than off the ripped digital files. As for the fees, they're less than they would be if I were to have bought the albums, so I'm saving money there.

But that works for me and the way I consume music, which isn't necessarily the same as everyone else.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟846,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I still feel like I am in the 90's due to fact my media source has never really changed. I prefer cds over streaming and never opened up to trying that form of music.

I still listen to CDs. I like watching YouTube music videos, but when I listen while doing something else, it's CDs. I'm listening to George Benson's The Instrumentals on CD right now. I still buy them. Then again, I was still buying cassette tapes when the whole selection from A-Z dwindled down to two rows. I finally broke down and started buying CDs. I think I'm stuck at this point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟74,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I really like the local library now because I can borrow CDs, books and DVDs for free. I am into saving money right now and don't have any more room for more physical media.

I was big on borrowing DVDs from the library. Then covid happened and the library temporarily closed. I learned to live without it.

It was nice borrowing CDs.

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟211,243.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
and don't have any more room for more physical media.

That's another reason why I've moved away from CDs. A large music collection takes up a lot of space.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟383,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
CDs were popular when I was a kid, but I felt a little disappointed that I missed the heyday of records. Now I'm into vinyl. MP3s, streaming, and CDs are great for the car, but playing records at home is fun when I crave a more involved listening experience.

Upvote 0