✟16,955.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Warning : This screenplay contains gruesome violence
and coarse language. For mature readers only.

Open : Title

The Ascetic Crusader proudly presents :

- The Armour of God -

Cut to :

White text on black screen. Bold text in Blue.

"Take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish
all the flaming arrows of the evil one.Take the helmet of salvation
and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."

Ephesians 6 : 13 - 16 The Armor of God

Fade to Black

The Ascetic Crusader

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Milk River , Alberta
✟16,955.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

- The Armour of God -

Cut to :

Fade to Black

Fade to title in white :

Chapter 1 : The Shield of Faith

Assorted TV newscast video footage of "Operation Shock and Awe " over Baghdad. Bombs exploding in blinding flashes over buildings in downtown Baghdad. We hear the whistling of bombs falling from the sky. Deafening explosions. Camara moves in closer and closer to the images on TV until we see the TV pixels.

City of Baghdad - Baghdad Street Alley /Evening / Exterior

Sergeant Montana, in US Army battle gear walking behind a Bradley Fighting Vehicle (BFV) slowly rolling down an alley. His M 16 pointing at open doors, open widows . We see garbage on the street . Arabic grafitti on walls. Partially destroyed buildings. 6 other American soldiers trail behind. Pointing their M 16s up at dark windows at doorways. They hand- signal each other from across the street. Talk into their walkies.

Montana :

Montana unit two secure...we´re moving out. Over

Cap. Patterson (voice on walkie) :

Montana, hold your position. We got possible enemy fire breaking out down the
street. You should be making a visual right about now. Over.

Montana hears gun shots coming from down the street. An RPG goes off 10 feet from the platoon. Two of Montanas
buddies get blown up. Lots of screaming. The BFV positions itself and fires two rounds into a small condo.
KA BOOM!!!! Pieces of debris fly all over the place.

Montana :

Captain. Captain!!!! We got two men down!!! Need back up over!!!!!

Montana raises his hand in a fist. Holds up two fingers. Makes a fist . Holds up five. makes a fist.Two grunts run over to Montana.

Montana :

Jackson !!!! Myers !!! we need visuals!!!! Use your infrared goggles.

A shower of bullets is suddenly fired from a building window across the street from Montana. Jackson gets hit. His chest explodes. Myers head gets shredded. Montana dives for cover and gets hit in the neck. Stream of blood pours from his mouth. He blacks out.

Fade to black.

To be continued ...

Upvote 0

The Ascetic Crusader

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Milk River , Alberta
✟16,955.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
The Ascetic Crusader said:
Fade to title in white :

We see assorted TV newscast video footage of "Operation Shock and Awe " over Baghdad. Bombs exploding in blinding flashes over buildings in downtown Baghdad. We hear the whistling of bombs falling from the sky. Deafening explosions. Camara moves in closer and closer to the images on TV until we see the TV pixels.

CUT TO :

We see Sergeant Montana, in US Army battle gear walking behind a Bradley Fighting Vehicle (BFV) slowly rolling down an alley. His M 16 pointing at open doors, open widows . We see garbage on the street . Arabic grafitti on walls. Partially destroyed buildings. 6 other American soldiers trail behind. Pointing their M 16s up at dark windows at doorways. They hand- signal each other from across the street. Talk into their walkies.

Montana :

Montana hears gun shots coming from down the street. An RPG goes off 10 feet from the platoon. Two of Montanas
buddies get blown up. Lots of screaming. The BFV positions itself and fires two rounds into a small condo.

Montana :

Montana raises his hand in a fist. Holds up two fingers. Makes a fist . Holds up five. makes a fist.Two grunts run over to Montana.

Montana :

A shower of bullets is suddenly fired from a building window across the street from Montana. Jackson gets hit. His chest explodes. Myers head gets shredded. Montana dives for cover and gets hit in the neck. Stream of blood pours from his mouth. He blacks out.

Fade to black.

To be continued ...

What do you think of the first 2 minutes ? Do you guys want to read more ?

Upvote 0
Z

ZionKnight

uhhhhhhh, yeah, that's definately action. I never was a war movie kind of guy, so I don't think that I could give a good critique. But, sure, I would like to see where Montana went to now. Such as, do you continue with Montana still in the heat of battle? Or, does he 'come to' in the hospital? Or does he come to at all? You started with him so I assume that he is the main character. Personaly, however, I am a 'story of Cid' kind of guy.

Upvote 0

FireRock

Call me a dreamer of the seemingly unattainable...
Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ascetic Crusader, you are amazing! I like you're writing style.

It's definitely a visual and attention-grabbing opener, which is good. From what I've read, I take it you'd be showing the graphic parts very openly...and being a war movie, it's understandable.

I'm interested in seeing where Montana is in the next scene as well.

What's the overall theme/plot of this movie? It seems like it could go in so many directions...I'm guessing it's going to follow Montana for the most part though.

:thumbsup: to your opening!!

Upvote 0
Z

ZionKnight

3 mistakes: You started the script with "We see..."...
that "cut to" is redundant...
and the slugline is wrong.

Not many screenwriters here, let alone ones that are concerned with the official formatting of the buisness.
I had to do my own research to find out any of that stuff, (don't look at my script, that was before.)

I just hope other talented christian writers would take interest in this method of expression, (screenwriting). Once they get here, I hope you're here to help them on the finer details.

Upvote 0

antiarte

Jan 18, 2005
communist russia
✟3,812.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Engaged
Not many screenwriters here, let alone ones that are concerned with the official formatting of the buisness.
Anyone aspiring to become a screenwriter should be familiar with the basics of formatting. And there's no "official" formatting. It's kinda vague and varies from writer to writer, but there are certain "rules" that have to be followed.

Once they get here, I hope you're here to help them on the finer details.
I have a template for Word Processor, if anybody's interested PM me. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

The Ascetic Crusader

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Milk River , Alberta
✟16,955.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

- The Armour of God -

Cut to :

Fade to Black

Fade to title in white :

Assorted TV newscast video footage of "Operation Shock and Awe " over Baghdad. Bombs exploding in blinding flashes over buildings in downtown Baghdad. We hear the whistling of bombs falling from the sky. Deafening explosions. Camara moves in closer and closer to the images on TV until we see the TV pixels.

Sergeant Montana, in US Army battle gear walking behind a Bradley Fighting Vehicle (BFV) slowly rolling down an alley. His M 16 pointing at open doors, open widows . We see garbage on the street . Arabic grafitti on walls. Partially destroyed buildings. 6 other American soldiers trail behind. Pointing their M 16s up at dark windows at doorways. They hand- signal each other from across the street. Talk into their walkies.

Montana :

Montana :

Montana :

Fade to black.

Morning - Interior basement / Baghdad

Dripping sound of a faucet. Breathing. Three people whispering in Arab (indistinct). Sound of a creaking door.
Footsteps. The sound of machine gun fire in the distance. Helicopters.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums