Austin, TX
✟15,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I’m an Emmy Award-winning director/producer and looking for a very specific kind of script. I work in conjunction with an Executive Producer that funds about 5 feature films a year falling into the 2–5-million-dollar range, often with big name talent such as Kurt Russell, Vince Vaugh etc. We are both Christians and conservative and approach our films first to entertain but will always go against the grain of what the Hollywood culture believes. Our business is entertainment. Our hero characters will suffer through unimaginable evil just as is so often depicted in the Old Testament. I consider a film like Book of Eli to be a great example of an entertaining movie, that presents faith, by example of the way the character's life and God giving him a specific mission, without being overtly preachy. Our characters will be broken and rejected but have to raise above their own flaws to save the day. Our stories will defy modern culture in many ways even dare we rescue the princess instead of the princess rescuing everyone else.

So here’s the criteria…

1) A single location that doesn’t require an entire movie crew to pack up and drive to a new location. Settings can be for example, a ghost town, a shopping mall, a neighborhood, Epstein’s island? Set in an exotic culture? Even better.

2) Primarily indoors. The less we are at the mercy of changing weather and heat or cold exhaustion the better.

3) Period pieces. While not necessarily a deal breaker for inside spaces, if we’ve got to re-dress an entire city background multiple times, it will likely be outside our budgets.

4) 3 to 4 main characters. Avoid a majority of scenes that require a lot of background extras.

5) Survival. Can’t emphasize this enough. Put your character through hell and back, with ever-increasing odds.

6) More action, less talk. This doesn’t mean extensive explosions and fight sequences; this means let the characters discover more than having them discuss their actions.

7) Genre: Thrillers, horror, ghost stories or mixed. There’s a great amount of evil happening in the world today unknown to most people. Not opposed to helping bring these subjects to public consciousness and our hero fighting these things … pedophilia, child sacrifice, human sex trafficking, spiritualism.

8) Page count. 90 pages. 120 pages is 30 minutes of screen time that could be put into another film's budget instead.

9) Script analysis. Pay a reputable script doctor to critique your screenplay. Proper structure is EVERYTHING. When you receive high marks, then we’ll read it.

DM here when you have a script ready to go. Apologies, but I cannot reply to general queries, but will do what I can.

-=H=-

Dec 7, 2020
Middle of Nowhere
✟28,947.00
Country
Monaco
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi Geoff, I know it's been over a year since you posted, but I just found this forum.

I've been in professional motion picture production for over 30 years and know quite a lot of Christian filmmakers around the world. I've also been on staff at the International Christian Film Festival and staff at Capernaum Studios near Dallas/Fort Worth.

I've worked on major studio features and television series as well.

This last few months I've finally been able to etch out time to write and have been pumping out a lot of good quality screenplays (I despise cheese). I have 4 1/2 screenplay adaptions done just the last two months and about 20 other original screenplays at various stages of development.

You can look me up on IMDB "Dean Mountford"

Upvote 0