• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

[MOVED] Trauma has brought me to the brink

Sm412

Nov 25, 2018
Vancouver
✟23,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
A series of traumatic events has brought me to the brink and i need help.

I suspect i may be suffering from PTSD.

In spring 2019 i went on a medication for bipolar disorder. I had a freak reaction and went into the most intense and severe manic episode ive ever experienced. I had a complete mental breakdown, did a ton of drinking and drugs, and landed in a psych ward. 3 weeks later i plunged into the deepest, darkest, most prolonged depressive episode i'd ever experience. My coping skills failed utterly and i fell into a pit of despair and hopelessness like that i'd never known.

After recovering, my anxiety surged. Panic was frequent. I withdrew from support. I (figuratively) tossed my bible in the trash. I stopped praying. Stopped seeing my friends. Stopped engaging in life.

I was recovering slowly, then found my 24 y/o sister dead in her bed with a bottle of vodka and a bag of cocaine on her bedside.

After that, i completely gave up. I was gone. Anxious. Isolated. Suicidal. Riddled with grief and longing for my sister. Anxiety and panic constant.

Now im trying to fight my way back to God. To my hopes and dreams. To my life. And i dont know how. I dont know. Im going to see a therapist soon.

Suicide isn't an option. My mom cant lose 2 kids. I cant do that to her. I have to fight. And i need God.

Anyway, thanks for reading and responding. At this point anything helps.

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟917,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status