Moon light - the word of God vs falsely so called science

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟282,057.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Catholic church doesnt disagree with science in this day and age.
I assume your comment has evolution in mind.
Catholics have the option of accepting Adam and Eve or evolution, I ought to know as I was raised in the Catholic education system where evolution was taught as a science subject and Adam and Eve as a religion subject.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟282,057.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Truly impressive photograph. It has been worth enduring the nonsense from certain members to get the opportunity to view it. I'm blown away that you could get that detail/quality with such a small telescope. Brilliant. Literally.
Thanks.​
At sea level the atmosphere is an astrophotographers worst enemy.
I was lucky seeing conditions were perfectly stable during the 1/6000th exposure time.​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,025,012.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I assume your comment has evolution in mind.
Catholics have the option of accepting Adam and Eve or evolution, I ought to know as I was raised in the Catholic education system where evolution was taught as a science subject and Adam and Eve as a religion subject.

I am talking generally not specifically..

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟264,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Have you seen my test questions I made up some time ago?

1. Define embedded age.
2. Explain the difference between creatio ex nihilo and creatio ex materia; and give two examples of each.
3. Why is "heaven" singular in Genesis 1, but plural in Genesis 2?
4. Eden in the Bible is known as __________ on a secular map.
5. Put the following in order that they appeared in the universe: whales, stars, trees, sun, land, sea, outer space.
6. What day was Adam created on?
7. Was the universe created a closed system and, if not, what kind of energy did it run off of? if it was created open, what closed it?
8. Describe terra aqua and what kind of water it consisted of and why.
9. Photosynthesis required light from the sun prior to the Fall. true or false?
10. Explain how a 24-hour day could transpire before the sun was created.
11. Explain the difference between "miracles" and "magic."
12. What literary device reconciles Genesis 1 and Genesis 2?
13. When discussing Creationism, why should one never let himself stray from Genesis 1 or 2?
14. What was the first object in the universe that had mass?
I have seen them. And I am not inclined to answer them. After all, I didn't open a thread "Taking questions about..."

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟255,957.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You read into the text irregardless of what it actually says, and you use your fe eisegesis to likewise describe natural phenomena. And also use your eisegesis to make your judgments concerning anyone- athiest or Christian- who doesn't agree with your distortions.

God did not make such a messed up solar system as you insist that it is. God has made this solar system in general like every other in the universe. All planets and stars are spherical.

The complete history concerning the firmament is that it once was above the earth but since Noah's flood it no longer is. You always and only point to one portion of history then claim that the firmament is still there. But natural phenomena proves that it isn't. You use photos of the moon to put forth your case but where is a photo of a still existing firmament? If it truly is there it should be viewable in the same vicinity or there abouts as the space station. And I'd think that if it could be seen then you fe'rs would all have a photo of it to prove to everyone that you are right.

But you've no doubt looked.. to come up empty of any. But rather than consider that the atmosphere shows it's not there, you'd rather believe that all science has erased it from every photo, even as you believe that every photo distorts a flat earth by using a fish eye lense.

I frankly have no interest in such intellectual dishonesty. Which is what I'd have to do if I believed things like you do.
-
Ok simple task, prove from The Bible that the sun is a star and stars are suns (as science claims).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,374.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
-
Ok simple task, prove from The Bible that the sun is a star and stars are suns (as science claims).
Bible is not supposed to be used for scientific purpose. You still err in this, again and again.

Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,948,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have seen them. And I am not inclined to answer them. After all, I didn't open a thread "Taking questions about..."

Perhaps if you knew the answers to them, you wouldn't be having "follow up questions," nor would you fail to realize why I "beg not to mention any situation outside Genesis one"?

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟177,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
-
Why the Bible? The Bible doesn't teach us anything useful about astronomy--it is not intended to.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟766,206.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps if you knew the answers to them, you wouldn't be having "follow up questions," nor would you fail to realize why I "beg not to mention any situation outside Genesis one"?
Which is totally a YEC position.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,948,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Which is totally a YEC position.

As I said, learn the answers and you won't make mistakes.

You won't though.

Else you'll have to make some changes in your thinking.

What's the answer to #1?

If you knew that, you wouldn't have said what you said.

Ditto for #13.

YECs are all over the place, from the Halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟282,057.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
-
My goodness even AI was smart enough to point out this fallacious argument and produced a sarcastic image in the process.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟245,678.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Others have pointed out the problems with this statement. I should like to add another. Your final word is incorrect. The clause in parentheses should read "as science demonstrates", or "as science has established". No matter how many assertions you make to the contrary the evidence remains that shows those to be empty assertions.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟282,057.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am talking generally not specifically..
What exactly was the point you were making?

The RCC isn't in the business of deciding which parts of science are valid or not, but may express concerns based on ethical considerations which is a different subject, unlike various Protestant denominations which claim the Bible is inerrant and therefore by default science is wrong.
This leads to the illogical and irrational attitudes of various members on this site who see science as the enemy even when it benefits their own quality of life.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟255,957.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The bible is totally irrelevant in these matter.
-

The Bible is relevant and will always be relevant, long after science books have been trashed. For their misinformation about God's creation.

• Agree
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟255,957.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Why the Bible? The Bible doesn't teach us anything useful about astronomy--it is not intended to.
-
The Bible is the only truthful source describing God's creation.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,025,012.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
What exactly was the point you were making?

The RCC isn't in the business of deciding which parts of science are valid or not, but may express concerns based on ethical considerations which is a different subject, unlike various Protestant denominations which claim the Bible is inerrant and therefore by default science is wrong.
This leads to the illogical and irrational attitudes of various members on this site who see science as the enemy even when it benefits their own quality of life.

Science and religion can live side by side with many things. I like science. I see it as a gift from God.

• Winner
Upvote 0