Aug 18, 2012
✟1,438,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel, in a stunning development, on Tuesday filed eight criminal charges against the 16 Republicans in her state who submitted a phony slate of electors in hopes of flipping the state from Joe Biden to Donald Trump in the 2020 presidential election. The charges include forgery, conspiracy to commit forgery and conspiracy to commit election forgery, each carrying a potential penalty of five to 14 years in prison.

Nessel’s charges are the first criminal cases involving the phony elector scheme that preceded the Jan. 6, 2021, riot aimed at stopping the peaceful transfer of power to the 2020 election winner, Biden."

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟153,609.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm glad all of them aren't going to get away without charges being filed. Maybe this is merely the first domino to fall. Several states sent fake (alternate) electors to rig the voting system. Blatantly I might add. I am surprised so many Americans are duped into doing Mr Trump's bidding. Despite the ethical, legal and moral implications of the actions. It's truly sad.

But hooray for accountability and justice! I'm anxious to learn more about that mysterious "insurance policy" Giuliani alluded to a couple years ago lol.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟147,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
It's astounding to me how long this has taken. This happened at the begnning of 2021, it is now midway through 2023. So that is 2.5 years.
The wheels of Justice grind slowly, but exceedingly fine.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟435,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Talk about "stolen election". These people literally tried to steal an election.

Certifying that they are MI electors when they werent? They must have thought the 'revolution' would save them.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟147,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Talk about "stolen election". These people literally tried to steal an election.

Certifying that they are MI electors when they werent? They must have thought the 'revolution' would save them.
“None dare call it treason”

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,438,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm glad all of them aren't going to get away without charges being filed. Maybe this is merely the first domino to fall. Several states sent fake (alternate) electors to rig the voting system. Blatantly I might add. I am surprised so many Americans are duped into doing Mr Trump's bidding. Despite the ethical, legal and moral implications of the actions. It's truly sad.

But hooray for accountability and justice! I'm anxious to learn more about that mysterious "insurance policy" Giuliani alluded to a couple years ago lol.

The Arizona AG launched a similar investigation earlier this year. And of course the Georgia AG may announce charges in August.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟153,609.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As I understand, the electors are required to gather at the state capitol to file the paperwork and be "seated". I read in the Washington Post that the Trump campaign asked them to go to the capitol to try to get seated and cast their votes for him.

Nessel had referred her investigation over to federal prosecutors. But after the House January 6th turned up such unequivocal evidence, she opened her own query back up. She said the most political act she could do is do nothing at all with the overwhelming evidence of guilt in respect of multiple crimes.

What a stain on American history this Trump debacle has proven to be.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟835,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
It's astounding to me how long this has taken. This happened at the begnning of 2021, it is now midway through 2023. So that is 2.5 years.

Sure it's been 2.5 years, but it's only been 2 months since this:

1689883984262.png

Previously in Meshawn Maddock: "We fought to seat the electors. The Trump campaign asked us to do that," Meshawn Maddock, co-chair of the Michigan Republican Party, said at a public event last week that was organized by the conservative group Stand Up Michigan, according to a recording obtained by CNN.

• Haha
Reactions: MotoToTheMax
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟835,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

OldAbramBrown

Jul 4, 2023
England
✟22,720.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
- Is there a difference between elector and voter?
- What is the difference between delegate and elector?
- Have the US abolished electoral colleges yet?
- Is the US going to provide enough voting stations?
- Does the US have procedures not governed by parties or parties-within-parties?
- Why didn't the real electors protest before now? Are they even protesting yet? Where are they? Who are they?
- Why not send people on an 8 plus 8 basis? 8-7-1? 6-6-2-2? Have third parties been outlawed?
- I don't think it matters much (except individually) whether the frauders were unknowingly defrauded (and they probably were) because it's clear there is a fraud when the stories sound like this
- This is obviously intended as a decoy from the real danger to the actual vote
- Unlimited damage causing places limits on damage limitation
- Always decoy from the decoy from the decoy.
- I saw "clear expectation" in operation among people I knew close up (personally I always pose as "not suitable material"; BTW I find movements boring these days anyway)
- I thought the election was lost when schoolboys got incited to wear "loser" hats to a national monument. Their bishop rightly told them off then he retracted when some wrong'uns told him off.
- I thought DT was working for the opposition all along with his discourtesy (and to normalise disrespect for the detail of policy)

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟835,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

2 Michigan fake electors ask judge to drop charges, citing state AG’s claim they’re ‘brainwashed’

Attorneys for fake electors Mari-Ann Henry and Clifford Frost separately filed motions to drop the case, citing the comments Nessel made last week to a liberal advocacy group. CNN obtained a recording of her appearance, where she said the GOP electors were “brainwashed” and “genuinely believe” former President Donald Trump won in 2020.

Can't be perpetrating a fraud if you believe it's not fraud. <taps forehead>

• Haha
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟196,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟835,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Must be flipping season.

Michigan attorney general drops charges against a fake elector who agrees to 'cooperate fully'

James Renner signed a document falsely claiming that Trump won the state’s electoral votes in 2020 during an effort to overturn the results of the election, prosecutors said.

Renner was charged with eight felony counts, including election law forgery and conspiracy to commit election law forgery. At a court hearing Thursday morning, Assistant Attorney General LaDonna Logan moved to drop all charges “based on an agreement between the parties.”

A copy of the cooperation agreement with Renner, obtained by NBC News, shows he promised to “cooperate fully” with the attorney general’s office on Oct. 10, agreeing to testify at trial and key hearings if called and provide investigators with “any and all relevant documents.”

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟835,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Sources told CNN that Nessel has scrutinized another pro-Trump lawyer, Ian Northon, who was in contact with top Trump allies after the 2020 election and accompanied the fake electors when they tried to enter the Michigan statehouse.

In charging documents against the Michigan fake electors, prosecutors highlighted how Northon tried to persuade a state trooper to let them into the Michigan State Capitol in Lansing – but they were rebuffed. Federal law and Michigan statutes require the electors to meet in the statehouse, and Chesebro hoped the pro-Trump slate would hew to the law as closely as possible [apart from the illegal stuff].

[Northon had contacts with Kraken Lady, Giuliani and John Eastman.]

• Informative
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟835,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Michigan attorney general drops charges against a fake elector who agrees to 'cooperate fully'
James Renner signed a document falsely claiming that Trump won the state’s electoral votes in 2020 during an effort to overturn the results of the election, prosecutors said.

'Betrayed is an understatement': Michigan fake elector says he was duped by GOP officials

“I was accepting the individuals that were in authority” knew “what they were talking about,” Renner said in the interview.

But, after he and another 15 fake electors were sued in civil court in January this year, he started reading House transcripts involving the scheme he was accused of being a part of.

“It was only then that I realized that, hold it, there is an official state-authorized process for this,” he said.

Renner, 77, was added to the roster of electors in December 2020 after two others dropped out.

Upvote 0