✟19,288.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Questions & comments

*** If the generation gap is not the elephant in the room it may be the gem waiting in it to be found.

Questions we might ask ourselves????

Q. What attributes does one age group see as valuable to 1) other age-groups ?. 2)the lay public.? 3)The Church.?
Q. What is maturity?
Q. Can old & young come before Jesus as He would welcome younger children????
Q. Do parent/ older generation read their bible. Pray together, share the last meeting queries & discuss the preach.?
Q.’s are teens involved in Foodbank, baby basics.
do we have to reach them or together grow in Jesus & open to learn more of Him & His Love which is there to unite us?.

*** ‘’Answers to the questions you didn’t ask me’’ I wrote to my children do it & when they come to question themselves in the distant future, they'll be blessed. Think about it.
***Example of the values of Q&A =young Jesus at the temple. Seeking to Hear His fathers’ wisdom

’Everybody’s a teenager now’’. Robert Elms broadcaster. 2020+

We are fully aware that lack of good or some level of communication in any social context has caused no end of angst, totally broken down any relationship between parties, can be a blessing or not, a rift, a gap that seemingly ‘can’t’ be bridged.
The world as it is now & as Huxley & Orwell saw it.! Communication & non communication’s a never- ending problem??

At Kings in the past there was one evening of Q&A. it was exhilarating session. This opens up to me the possibility for 1-2 praise songs, a with short preach, prior to a time of questions, discussion minor bible study, with mixed ages (With snacks Tea Coffee) as part of the Sunday morning meeting.

‘’The hidden treasure’’ that can be found in the generation gap reminds me of Jesus as the bridge between man & salvation. .

The teen & elderly groups could well enthuse each other sharing the passion given to us.

*‘’Is it possible that the ‘problem’ facing youth ministry reflects all too accurately a malaise infecting mainline denominations generally: a flabby theological identity due to an absence of passion? That would be ironic, most young people come to us brimming with passion. Could it be that instead of fanning this youthful zeal into holy fire, we more often doused It, or drowned it in committee meetings?’’ Kenda Creasy Dean. ‘’Practising Passion’’. P.25

Gen.13:1-18. Not unified but still relating & caring to a degree.

1Chron. 22:11-13, Solomon’s son built the temple.18-19.

Jn. 6:8. Young lad with food for 5000. Held it over till it was needed.

Luke 1:17b . John The baptiser, will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children.

Jer. 1:7-9. the call of Jerry. Don’t say I’m only a child

1Tim.to Tim – ‘’Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example*****’’

Last edited:

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟573,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was saved in the "Jesus movement" of the late 60s early 70s. Groups of teens were drawn into Christ. Many of these were irreligious. Drug addicts, drinkers, etc etc... I myself was deep into the occult and a pagan religion called eckankar. We were very basic in our beliefs. We were heavy into 2nd coming theology. Maranatha! Come soon Lord Jesus! By 1973 we started a Christian Commune. It failed after a short while because we were all pretty immature both mentally and spiritual. We had little or no support from any church or church leadership.
Point is the youth needs support from mature believers.

Upvote 0

timf

Jun 12, 2011
✟79,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Homeschool parents are often warned that their children will not receive proper "socialization". What happens is that public school children often receive peer dependence such that they have an impeded ability to relate to anyone not their own age.

Often teens are imprinted with the idea that they should be ashamed of their parents. As being isolated from those who love them and would help them grow in wisdom, truth, and understanding, they often pursue paths that can lead to self-destructive indulgence.

Satan has been working for centuries to destroy families and disconnect people from each other. If children are not raised to recognize these forces, they may only be open later in life as a result of painful consequences.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟573,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Homeschool parents are often warned that their children will not receive proper "socialization". What happens is that public school children often receive peer dependence such that they have an impeded ability to relate to anyone not their own age.

Often teens are imprinted with the idea that they should be ashamed of their parents. As being isolated from those who love them and would help them grow in wisdom, truth, and understanding, they often pursue paths that can lead to self-destructive indulgence.

Satan has been working for centuries to destroy families and disconnect people from each other. If children are not raised to recognize these forces, they may only be open later in life as a result of painful consequences.
Home schooling is often criticized on the "not socialized" issue.
Home school parents respond, "yes, exactly."
My four kids were homeschooled during the 80s and 90s. They are all fine. We have been told many times by people that our kids are "different." And not in a bad way.

• Agree
Reactions: Alex1st.1066
Upvote 0