Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
New Scientist had this to say 5th August 2020.
A radical new theory rewrites the story of how life on Earth began

Sure, scratch everything you've been told about about Origin of Life. The honest truth is out, finally. Life emerged fully formed. It is not much of a stretch to accept that it was no accident, but the deliberate creation by God. Of course, don't expect godless science to make that small step any time soon.

This is only an introduction to the article as I'm not paying to subscribe to New Scientist.

"WHEN Earth formed 4.5 billion years ago, it was a sterile ball of rock, slammed by meteorites and carpeted with erupting volcanoes. Within a billion years, it had become inhabited by microorganisms. Today, life covers every centimetre of the planet, from the highest mountains to the deepest sea. Yet, every other planet in the solar system seems lifeless. What happened on our young planet? How did its barren rocks, sands and chemicals give rise to life?

Many ideas have been proposed to explain how life began. Most are based on the assumption that cells are too complex to have formed all at once, so life must have started with just one component that survived and somehow created the others around it. When put into practice in the lab, however, these ideas don’t produce anything particularly lifelike. It is, some researchers are starting to realise, like trying to build a car by making a chassis and hoping wheels and an engine will spontaneously appear.

The alternative – that life emerged fully formed – seems even more unlikely. Yet perhaps astoundingly, two lines of evidence are converging to suggest that this is exactly what happened. It turns out that all the key molecules of life can form from the same simple carbon-based chemistry. What’s more, they easily combine to make startlingly lifelike “protocells”. As well as explaining how life began, this “everything-first” idea of life’s origins also has implications for where it got started – and the most likely locations for extraterrestrial life, too."

When I examine OOL, there is little consensus among scientists and new theories are being introduced form time to time. Scientists generally agree that life arose spontaneously. What they cannot agree on is how. Now someone has decided that decades of research got it wrong, something that Christians have been saying for, well, decades.

The atheist contributors to the forum accuse me of providing no evidence. How on earth can I refute an argument that is a constantly moving target?

My argument against evolution is simply that there is no mechanism to make it work. Assuming that evolution is true and the Creation account is a myth is not proof.

Evolutionists Still Blunder about Natural Selection – CEH

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My argument against evolution is simply that there is no mechanism to make it work.

There are issues like diseases that emerge from the animal kingdom and appear in humans, and viruses that change and become stronger or weaker, and deadlier and then less lethal, and other stuffs.

So whether we can identify the mechanism or not, it's leaving a trail of changing destruction through various animal kingdoms, anyway.

There is also the possibility that it doesn't need any mechanism.
Like when you add puzzle pieces to the whole picture, they don't evolve.
The just fall into place one at a time due to the way they are designed.

96962.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
There are issues like diseases that emerge from the animal kingdom and appear in humans, and viruses that change and become stronger or weaker, and deadlier and then less lethal, and other stuffs.

So whether we can identify the mechanism or not, it's leaving a trail of changing destruction through various animal kingdoms, anyway.

96962.jpg
Intelligent design? Now there's a radical idea.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I think of it as masterful design. I've had both design and engineering classes.
I've not had design classes but I know something about electronics and industrial instrumentation. The idea that a temperature and flow control system, such as mammals employ, could have happened by accident is laughable.

• Agree
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've not had design classes but I know something about electronics and industrial instrumentation. The idea that a temperature and flow control system, such as mammals employ, could have happened by accident is laughable.

I just don't get why life would struggle so hard to continue yet scientists can't come up with a theory as to why life works so hard to exist.

If I found a cell of life on the moon, I'd stare and it and wonder
"WHY, little guy, are you working so hard at this?"
How to you think the moon will benefit?
How are you going to benefit?

Upvote 0

Buzzard3

Jan 31, 2022
Forster
✟41,968.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
. Yet perhaps astoundingly, two lines of evidence are converging to suggest that this is exactly what happened. It turns out that all the key molecules of life can form from the same simple carbon-based chemistry. What’s more, they easily combine to make startlingly lifelike “protocells”.
Sounds suspiciously like yet another case of atheist fantasy to me.
Ask scientists to produce "protocells" from inanimate matter and they wouldn't know where to start!

Upvote 0

PrincetonGuy

Veteran
Feb 19, 2005
U.S.A.
✟120,715.00
Faith
Baptist
And of course, no one is proposing that such a thing took place.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PrincetonGuy

Veteran
Feb 19, 2005
U.S.A.
✟120,715.00
Faith
Baptist
No one except evolutionists.
Almost invariably, those Christians who attempt to argue against the theory of evolution are in reality arguing against some nonsense that evolutionists do not, and never have, taught. The consequence of this is that such people make it appear that Christians are intellectually challenged and that their message in nothing but a bologna sandwich!

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Control systems are evident in single cell systems. There is nothing uncomplicated in a single cell. Energy flow and chemical processing is all evident in one cell. It all forms the basis for life rather than uncontrolled chemical reactions.

I used to be a Young Earth Creationist myself, even in this forum, so I know you have to take what they teach with a salt shaker of doubt. You can look at my early posts in my first few years.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟151,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

96962.jpg
Like you said designed

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟151,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Almost invariably, those Christians who attempt to argue against the theory of evolution are in reality arguing against some nonsense that evolutionists do not, and never have, taught. The consequence of this is that such people make it appear that Christians are intellectually challenged and that their message in nothing but a bologna sandwich!
I don't believe abiogenesis took place by random chance. Does that make me a bologna sandwich?

Upvote 0