Alaska
Visit site
✟7,155.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Hmmm...

That episode was different. All Desmond, all the time...and very different Desmonds.

The warped echoes of episodes past - Charlies hand against the glass while drowning, the bit with the stadium - was interesting.

It does look like at least some of the people in the Flash Sideways are aware of the whole alternate timeline thing. From Eliose's comment - 'Your not ready yet', it seems like they might even be aware this timeline cannot last, or at least that something will happen.

And who was the driver dude? I am almost positive he's a character we meant before, but I can't place him! Grrrr...

Oh...and my prediction from last time was right - Daniel Faraday - under a slightly different name - is back...and he seems to be among the very few in the 'Flash Sideways' with a clue as to what is going on...

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
L

LovesToBless

I also knew we'd be seeing Daniel and his mom very soon, we had to. I was surprised to hear his last name, although I knew he and Penny were 1/2 siblings. Why didn't he have the name Widmore before? Will we find out about "Faraday"? (and yes, I know the scientific connection)

I also know I'd talked with my husband and son and perhaps posted in a prev thread... my theory that Des and Widmore would be great friends in the flash sideways. I wonder if that it because of what Desmond does in the other timeline? And...what now that he's met Penny? And yeah, I couldn't believe about her running in the stadium!

I felt very strongly about the whole underwater scene as it was happening...just like Charlie's drowning. But this time, Des is able to save him...like he did over and over in other situations before...wow, I hadn't thought of that part until I was writing this right now!

That part with Des and Ellie was somewhat freaky. Boy she keeps popping up in his life.

I was surprised that Jack didn't remember Charlie right away - since he was the one who revived him on the plane...minor thing.

Does Des want the passenger list to find Claire and help Charlie be with her? Why was the bunny "going in there next" before they knew about Des? Is there something special about the bunny, or is he just a lab bunny? Made me think of Ben's bunny from back a few seasons.

Why did Des go happily with Sayid? Does he now feel that anything is fine and all has a purpose for the good? Does he feel he can not die now?

Great episode! Lots and lots to talk about...can't wait to read everyone's insights.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So many little parallels in this episode. On the island, Widmore tells Desmond, "The island's not done with you yet" - echoing Eloise's words to him in The Constant when he walks into her watch shop.

Later, Eloise tells Desmond, "What happened happened" - echoing Daniel's words last season as he was trying to explain the implications of time travel.

And of course, the water scenes with Desmond and Charlie, the palm on the window, the prediction that Claire will be having a boy. Lots of neat little crossovers with the other timeline.

I knew Desmond's previous experience with the electro-magnetic implosion would be important to his story. :D And interesting, how his being in the MRI (electro-magnetic) brought the flashes of his island life back to him.

Desmond is being so cooperative now because he recognizes what he will lose if he doesn't put things right. No Penny, no baby, they just blink out of existence for his life. I don't understand yet what they need Jin for though....

Upvote 0

snoochface

Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
LTB, Daniel didn't use Widmore as his name before because he didn't know Widmore was his father, if I remember correctly. Widmore funded Daniel's research project, but Daniel wasn't aware of who he was at the time, I don't think.

I'm curious what he's going to do with the passenger list too!

Upvote 0
L

LovesToBless

So many little parallels in this episode. On the island, Widmore tells Desmond, "The island's not done with you yet" - echoing Eloise's words to him in The Constant when he walks into her watch shop.

Later, Eloise tells Desmond, "What happened happened" - echoing Daniel's words last season as he was trying to explain the implications of time travel.

And of course, the water scenes with Desmond and Charlie, the palm on the window, the prediction that Claire will be having a boy. Lots of neat little crossovers with the other timeline.

I knew Desmond's previous experience with the electro-magnetic implosion would be important to his story. :D And interesting, how his being in the MRI (electro-magnetic) brought the flashes of his island life back to him.

Desmond is being so cooperative now because he recognizes what he will lose if he doesn't put things right. No Penny, no baby, they just blink out of existence for his life. I don't understand yet what they need Jin for though....

Yeah, I love those "little" things too...another one that your post brought to mind was Widmore toasting him ...and actually sharing the drink with him, whereas he denied him that in the past.

Penny's British accent is gone. Hmmm.

I agree that Des has a new positive attitude because he wants things to come to pass...but that is why I'm wondering why he cooperated with being taken away from Widmore and going with Sayid. Of course, he doesn't know the "new" Sayid, so that could be part of it too. I just was thinking he would think that Widmore and company would be the ones that would get him to that correct place.

Yeah, what's up with Jin. Do they think he knows important info since he signed those plans he was shown last week?

Upvote 0
L

LovesToBless

LTB, Daniel didn't use Widmore as his name before because he didn't know Widmore was his father, if I remember correctly. Widmore funded Daniel's research project, but Daniel wasn't aware of who he was at the time, I don't think.

I'm curious what he's going to do with the passenger list too!

I would have thought his mom would've given him that name...or maybe it's her maiden name, and she gave him that since she and Widmore were apart.

I wonder how they (Ellie and Widmore) ended up parted in that time-line?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

snoochface

Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I would have thought his mom would've given him that name...or maybe it's her maiden name, and she gave him that since she and Widmore were apart.

I wonder how they (Ellie and Widmore) ended up parted in that time-line?

Eloise's maiden name was Hawking, so ... I'm not sure where Faraday comes from!

My impression was that in pre/post-815 time, Widmore and Ellie weren't married. I don't think Penny knew Eloise? I'm getting confused about that family now. Do you know who Penny's mother was? That would be Widmore's wife, right?

I'm looking for Juliet now btw. Just saying....;)

Seriously! :D

Upvote 0
L

LovesToBless

Eloise's maiden name was Hawking, so ... I'm not sure where Faraday comes from!

My impression was that in pre/post-815 time, Widmore and Ellie weren't married. I don't think Penny knew Eloise? I'm getting confused about that family now. Do you know who Penny's mother was? That would be Widmore's wife, right?

Seriously! :D

Juliet has to be back...she does. (doesn't she? :sorry:)

Eloise's name is Hawking, yep! :blush: Forgot that one, I don't know how, I heard it enough. :doh:Thanks, Snooch! :)

So...when Ellie is pregnant on the island...that's with Daniel. Aren't they married then? And then Charles Widmore gets kicked off by Ben for having an inappropriate off-island relationship? Was that the reason? So...who is that with, and I would think that's Penny's mother. Maybe. :doh:

And who is Smokey's mom? Who's the crazy lady?

It was cool seeing Daniel as an artsy musician rather than a nervous scientist.

Upvote 0

Thinker

Senior Veteran
Mar 26, 2002
Alaska
Visit site
✟7,155.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
One little thingy not brought up yet...

I have this sneaky suspicion that the 'real' Desmond and the 'flash sideways' Desmond 'switched minds right at the end there. That the Desmond who came out of Widmores electromagnetic experiment was, in mind, the Desmond from the 'Flash Sideways'.

Upvote 0

snoochface

Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So...when Ellie is pregnant on the island...that's with Daniel. Aren't they married then? And then Charles Widmore gets kicked off by Ben for having an inappropriate off-island relationship? Was that the reason? So...who is that with, and I would think that's Penny's mother. Maybe. :doh:

I don't think they were married on the island, I think they just had a fling. And that is right, that he was kicked off the island for having an off-island relationship, so that has to be Penny's mother. Maybe when Eloise finally left the island with Daniel, she needed a surname for him so she just picked one.

You know - I remember Daniel's mom was always telling him to be a scientist when he was a kid. She basically forced him into it.

Good call, I remember that as well! Interesting....

One little thingy not brought up yet...

I have this sneaky suspicion that the 'real' Desmond and the 'flash sideways' Desmond 'switched minds right at the end there. That the Desmond who came out of Widmores electromagnetic experiment was, in mind, the Desmond from the 'Flash Sideways'.

Awesome thought, Thinker! Wow, you just blew my mind.

Upvote 0