Knights of Zion, 1st insert.

Z

ZionKnight

I don't know how to make a real trailer yet, but here is a little of the story, please pay no attention to any misspellings. And it should help if I expect this to be an animated movie, having an anime feel with the complicated plot, but none of the irritating melodrama.

Open: with the image of stars, a galaxy, and then zooming onto one planet (looks a lot like earth and has one moon, but it isn't)

v/o: (young man's voice) They say that all the lands used to be one...

The planet then explodes, the blast breaks the moon into four pieces, and fades into darkness...

v/o: That there was only one sky...

When the light shines on the planet again, we see a number of floating land masses, some the size of an island, some as big as continents.

v/o: That was when the breathers appeared.

flash to: a hand swinging a sword-like tool. And then, back to the new planet.

v/o: Then the under dwellers came from the abyss and conqered Metaxu, the midlands, and took the breathers as slaves.

flash again: to the hand swinging a sword and back.

v/o: Some of my kinsmen say that it was then that the Skyking came from overland and defeated the Underlord and his army just to free the breathers.

cut to: early morning, a full view of the young man in a vineyard of some sort where the rows of vines are above his head. Instead of grapes, there are large melons which the young man is harvesting. He is useing two cutting tools that resemble machetees to cut the melons and roll them into a large bag he is dragging behind him. (this is an opportunity to show off his swordsmanship skills.) He is a slender boy in his late teens with long brown hair. He is wearing a breathing mask over his mouth and nose which is hooked up to a small tank on his hip. (I see in my mind that it looks a lot like those old WWII gas masks without the goggles.)

v/o: But, (his tone becomes more sarcastic) master Lump says that, in the heat of the battle, most of the air was poisened. He says that the Skyking went up to Overland and left the breathers to fend for themselves.

cut to: late evening, the young man is herding a group cattle-like creatures into a barn.

v/o: The underdwellers had the power to make clean air, with no air to breath, we had no choice but to go back into slavery.

After he has gathered all of the creatures and shut the door, he discovers (behind the door) a horse-sized, black wolf with an icredibly long, tongue that has sharp barbs on it's end. After a brief stare down, he draws his cutting tools and fights the wolf. (this is another opportunity to show off) As they are fighting...

gravelly voice: (in the distance,) Mud boy? (with an impatient tone) Paladin!

Mud boy mortally wounds the wolf, and (looking toward the voice,) grabs the bag of melons and runs off screen.

cut to: Mud boy entering a shaby cottage. He opens the door and removes his mask to see a goblin at the table. ( my version of a goblin: small, about 3 ft tall, green skinned, bald, large pointy ears, spindaly body, and a sharp, toothy, malicious frown.)

gob: What, in the abyss, could be so important that you have caused my dinner to be so late? Don't you know how early we have be up tomorrow? I know that you are well aware how that hunger can make me so gassy. An upset stomach means that I will lose sleep. If I lose sleep, then I won't be ready for the ceremonies tomorrow. Are you trying to sabotage my good standing with lord Machsore?

Mud boy: no master Lump, I...

lump: Shut up! Just give me a melon.

As Lump devours the melon in a grotesqe manner...

lump: So... speak Mud boy! What kept you?

Mud boy: There was a wolf...

lump: (shrieks) A wolf?! You let a wolf eat all of my golegs?

Mud boy: No, I killed it....I think.

lump: (chokes on a bite) You think? Perhaps you should..I don't know... go and be sure? If it's dead you will need to take it out of my land and bury it.

Mud boy: But, I only have a few minutes of air left.

lump: Then I suggest you hurry. And, then get some sleep, we have a long journey to walk in the morning.

Mud boy dawns his mask again, and heads out to where the wolf was, only to see a small pool of blood...

v/o: (mud boy) It's not the best of arrangements, but we survive.

The Ascetic Crusader

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Milk River , Alberta
✟16,955.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
ZionKnight said:
I don't know how to make a real trailer yet, but here is a little of the story, please pay no attention to any misspellings.

Open: with the image of stars, a galaxy, and then zooming onto one planet (looks a lot like earth and has one moon, but it isn't)

v/o: (young man's voice) They say that all the lands used to be one...

The planet then explodes, the blast breaks the moon into four pieces, and fades into darkness...

v/o: That there was only one sky...

When the light shines on the planet again, we see a number of floating land masses, some the size of an island, some as big as continents.

v/o: That was when the breathers appered.

flash to: a hand swinging a sword-like tool. And then, back to the new planet.

v/o: Then the under dwellers came from the abyss and conqered Metaxu, the midlands, and took the breathers as slaves.

flash again: to the hand swinging a sword and back.

v/o: Some of my kinsmen say that it was then that the Skyking came from overland and defeated the Underlord and his army just to free the breathers.

cut to: early morning, a full view of the young man in a vineyard of some sort where the rows of vines are above his head. Instead of grapes, there are large melons which the young man is harvesting. He is useing two cutting tools that resemble machetees to cut the melons and roll them into a large bag he is dragging behind him. (this is an opportunity to show off his swordsmanship skills.) He is a slender boy in his late teens with long brown hair. He is wearing a breathing mask over his mouth and nose which is hooked up to a small tank on his hip. (I see in my mind that it looks a lot like those old WWII gas masks without the goggles.)

v/o: But, (his tone becomes more sarcastic) master Lump says that, in the heat of the battle, most of the air was poisened. He says that the Skyking went up to Overland and left the breathers to fend for themselves.

cut to: late evening, the young man is herding a group cattle-like creatures into a barn.

v/o: The underdwellers had the power to make clean air, with no air to breath, we had no choice but to go back into slavery.

After he has gathered all of the creatures and shut the door, he discovers (behind the door) a horse-sized, black wolf with an icredibly long, tongue that has sharp barbs on it's end. After a brief stare down, he draws his cutting tools and fights the wolf. (this is another opportunity to show off) As they are fighting...

gravelly voice: (in the distance,) Mud boy? (with an impatient tone) Mud boy!

Mud boy mortally wounds the wolf, and (looking toward the voice,) grabs the bag of melons and runs off screen.

cut to: Mud boy entering a shaby cottage. He opens the door and removes his mask to see a goblin at the table. ( my version of a goblin: small, about 3 ft tall, green skinned, bald, large pointy ears, spindaly body, and a sharp, toothy, malicious frown.)

gob: What, in the abyss, could be so important that you have caused my dinner to be so late? Don't you know how early we have be up tomorrow? I know that you are well aware how that hunger can make me so gassy. An upset stomach means that I will lose sleep. If I lose sleep, then I won't be ready for the ceremonies tomorrow. Are you trying to sabotage my good standing with lord Machsore?

Mud boy: no master Lump, I...

lump: Shut up! Just give me a melon.

As Lump devours the melon in a grotesqe manner...

lump: So... speak Mud boy! What kept you?

Mud boy: There was a wolf...

lump: (shrieks) A wolf?! You let a wolf eat all of my golegs?

Mud boy: No, I killed it....I think.

lump: (chokes on a bite) You think? Perhaps you should..I don't know... go and be sure? If it's dead you will need to take it out of my land and bury it.

Mud boy: But, I only have a few minutes of air left.

lump: Then I suggest you hurry. And, then get some sleep, we have a long journey to walk in the morning.

Mud boy dawns his mask again, and heads out to where the wolf was, only to see a small pool of blood...

v/o: (mud boy) It's not the best of arrangements, but we survive.

Code:

Interesting intro to your screenplay ZionKnight. Needs a little more action though and character development.
Good effort tho.

Upvote 0
Z

ZionKnight

sorry it took me so long to respond, crusader, but could you elaborate? Like when you get to know the character, Paladin, what sort of questions are still lacking an answer? Are they too shallow? If so, how could I fix that? As far as the action, an exploding planet, fancy sword work, and a full-out battle with a horse sized wolf in just the first few minutes....I think I have it covered.

Upvote 0

paladin0260

Aug 22, 2005
basilia metaxu
✟562.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it sounds like a really interesting idea, Zionknight. I could see it as an animated movie geared for teens and anime fans. I wouldn't woory too much about the action just yet though, the scene with the wolf and mud boy showing off, should be good enough for the first three minutes. You do need to look into better fomating, bearing in mind that you can't get the proper format on these forums. But, you can place the sluglines better, and make it more actor and director friendly.
Still, all that is technical stuff, just ge the story out first, then worry about the rest later.
I am anxious to read more about this 'knight of Zion'.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

antiarte

Jan 18, 2005
communist russia
✟3,812.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Engaged
Thanks, I tried to copy and paste a much better and more formatted version, but it would never load right.
HTML is disabled so it won't load in proper format. Btw, do not ever use "we see..." when describing actions; "cut to:" isn't neccessary either. Any action after dialogue or whatever is a cut, at least you indicate otherwise. You're making the usual rookie mistakes, but that's alright. :) We've all made them. Formatting comes second to storytelling, but formatting is the first thing a pro notices. If you format wrong, then they won't bother to even glimpse at your script. I hope that helped.

I suppose I could rewrite it manually, but in this fourm, why bother?
Haha! Very true.

Upvote 0