✟42,580.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
1 Corinthians 5:
9 I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people.
10 Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous,
or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world.

11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother,
who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—
not even to eat with such a person.
12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside?
13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.

Here Paul makes a direct reference to Torah "put away from yourselves"; Deuteronomy 17:7,19:19, 22:21&24, 24:7
demonstrating that "all scripture is profitable".

How are we to judge those among us? Only by the Anointing upon the fellowship, the Light of the Spirit.
Ephesians 5:
Therefore be imitators of God as dear children.
2 And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us,
an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma.
3 But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you,
as is fitting for saints;
4 neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting,
but rather giving of thanks.
5 For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater,
has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God
6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God
comes upon the sons of disobedience.
7 Therefore do not be partakers with them.
8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light.

9 (for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth),
10 finding out what is acceptable to the Lord.
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness,
but rather expose them.
12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret.
13 But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light,
for whatever makes manifest is light.
14 Therefore He says:
“Awake, you who sleep,
Arise from the dead,
And Christ will give you light.”

There is a tendency to avoid passing judgment on others because the Lord has commanded to
"judge not, lest we be judged". We cannot act on suspicions and rumors. But when the Holy
Spirit exposes wickedness among the fellowship as vividly described in these doctrines,
the brother must immediately repent, or be expelled from the congregation.

Hence, leadership must be above reproach
1 Corinthians 4:1
Let a man so consider us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God.
2 Moreover it is required in stewards that one be found faithful.
3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by a human court.
In fact, I do not even judge myself.
4 For I know of nothing against myself, yet I am not justified by this; but He who judges me is the Lord.
5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes
, who will both bring to light the hidden
things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts. Then each one’s praise will come from God.

In these days especially, reading "until the Lord comes' leads many to think of the second coming.
For the apostolic doctrine to hold up under scrutiny, we must understand that "the Lord is the Spirit"
and the presence of the Spirit in the midst of our fellowship will expose all wickedness.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟110,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1 Corinthians 5:
9 I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people.
10 Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous,
or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world.

11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother,
who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—
12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside?
13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.

Here Paul makes a direct reference to Torah "put away from yourselves"; Deuteronomy 17:7,19:19, 22:21&24, 24:7

How are we to judge those among us? Only by the Anointing upon the fellowship, the Light of the Spirit.
Ephesians 5:
3 But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you,
4 neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting,
5 For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater,
6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God
8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light.

but rather expose them.
12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret.
14 Therefore He says:
“Awake, you who sleep,
Arise from the dead,

There is a tendency to avoid passing judgment on others because the Lord as commanded to
"judge not, lest we be judged". We cannot act on suspicions and rumors. But when the Holy
Spirit exposes wickedness among the fellowship as vividly described in these doctrines,

Let a man so consider us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God.
3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by a human court.
4 For I know of nothing against myself, yet I am not justified by this; but He who judges me is the Lord.
things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts. Then each one’s praise will come from God.

In these days especially, reading "until the Lord comes' leads many to think of the second coming.
For the apostolic doctrine to hold up under scrutiny, we must understand that "the Lord is the Spirit"
and the presence of the Spirit in the midst of our fellowship will expose all wickedness.
First Corinthians has a lot of life pro tips, from what I am discovering. :) It is one of my favorite books to study.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟42,580.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
First Corinthians has a lot of life pro tips, from what I am discovering. :) It is one of my favorite books to study.
Keeping in mind that Paul's letters to the Churches
address the activity of a Congregation, not an individual.
The same goes for John's first epistle. I have seen people
literally claim that they are not accountable to anyone because
they have an Anointing that teaches them. The Anointing is on
the Congregation, as every individual brings their measure of faith
and spiritual gifts. It is in the coming together of the beloved brethren
that the Spirit of Truth operates, and gives us Light.
1 John 2:27
But the anointing which you (pl) have received from Him abides in you,
and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you
concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you,
you will abide in Him. This is IN CHRIST

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟110,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Keeping in mind that Paul's letters to the Churches
address the activity of a Congregation, not an individual.
The same goes for John's first epistle. I have seen people
literally claim that they are not accountable to anyone because
they have an Anointing that teaches them. The Anointing is on
the Congregation, as every individual brings their measure of faith
and spiritual gifts. It is in the coming together of the beloved brethren
that the Spirit of Truth operates, and gives us Light.
1 John 2:27
But the anointing which you (pl) have received from Him abides in you,
and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you
concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you,
you will abide in Him. This is IN CHRIST
That is true, but the congregation is made up of multiple individuals, so we must try to work on following the rules set in 1 Corinthians. :) By the way, the church that I go (Catholic) to has a water anointing thing where the priest sprinkles water on all of us.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟42,580.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
That is true, but the congregation is made up of multiple individuals, so we must try to work on following the rules set in 1 Corinthians. :) By the way, the church that I go (Catholic) to has a water anointing thing where the priest sprinkles water on all of us.
The manifestation of the Spirit is given to each to profit all. 1 Co 12:7

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟110,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The manifestation of the Spirit is given to each to profit all. 1 Co 12:7
Yep, and these are spiritual profits, not monetary ones (ahem, Mr. Joel Olsteen with his messed-up, unbiblical prosperity gospel).

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟92,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
1 Corinthians 5:

Ephesians 5:

but rather expose them.
14 Therefore He says:
“Awake, you who sleep,
Arise from the dead,

There is a tendency to avoid passing judgment on others because the Lord has commanded to

I'm a pretty harsh theologian about "Not Judging", but, in this light, it refers directly to something far beyond what is referred to as "The Invisible Body", but directly to the Fellowshipping of Believers. It doesn't take much effort to see the destruction that Sin of such nature can bring to a congregation. I appreciate the simple way that you allowed scripture to speak for itself.

Paul uses a man that lives with His Father's new wife, as a written example. This type of event hurt the heart of the Father, and had the father's son in a sexual relationship with what I hope and pray was his "STEP mother", though still morbid! Paul has the man confronted by the congregation and "turned over to satan"....

The son repents of his error, leaves the relationship and petitions the Congregation to receive him back, to which Paul writes again, and states that it would be succumbing to the temptation of Satan, to not forgive the son and receive him back into the congregation.

It is clear that Paul had every right to encourage each aspect of the Fellowshipping Church's approach to the situation!

I can't deny scripture on this matter, as it relates to "church discipline". It is irrefutably, the groundwork for reacting to the impact of sin within the gathering Body and how allowing it to take root and grow, would most definitely drag the entire fellowshipping body, down. We have seen this happen within cultic gatherings that welcome genuine sexual immorality. It spreads like wild fire, creates physical abuse of members and drags the entire body into a realm that is void of anything positive.

• Informative
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0