Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Rev. Schooping who is kind of famous for leaving the Eastern Orthodox priesthood is now ministering in a Lutheran congregation.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

• Informative
Reactions: AlexB23

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟106,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Rev. Schooping who is kind of famous for leaving the Eastern Orthodox priesthood is now ministering in a Lutheran congregation.

Yours in the Lord,

jm
Hey, if possible, can you please post this in article format (so find a news website) instead of a FB link? Not everyone uses FB or Twitter as a news source. :)

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,732,386.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here is a video.

In this episode Dr. Costa interviews Pastor Joshua Schooping on his new book "Disillusioned' where he addresses his departure from the Eastern Orthodox Church and the reasons for doing so. To get a copy of Pastor Joshua's book please go to https://www.amazon.com/Disillusioned-... We also discuss the exclusivist claims of the Eastern Orthodox Church that it alone, and no other church is the one true church of Christ. This view is based on the decrees of the Council of Jerusalem in 1672 and the Synodikon of Orthodoxy. The latter document is to be read annually and anathematizes all those outside of the Eastern Orthodox Church. This raises questions about the nature of the Church of Christ and what it means to be in the Body of Christ. Pastor Schooping is a former Eastern Orthodox priest and now an Evangelical Protestant pastor.

A long 2 hours and 20 minutes.

• Informative
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Jacque_Pierre22

Aug 13, 2014
nyc
✟48,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
awesome first sermon as a Lutheran; he hit on baptism, the substitutional atonement, baptism, and the "for you" meaning not "limited" atonement but available to all : (objective/ subjective justification)

Reactions: JM
Upvote 0

Jacque_Pierre22

Aug 13, 2014
nyc
✟48,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I just hope he settles in and stops jumping around. He left Orthodoxy and became an Alliance minister if I'm not mistaken and now LCMS. Seems like a quick leap.

I don't think this happened of his own accord, more likely some Lutherans got to him after reading his books that had a Reformed bent and then he came to the Lutheran position, plus he had to be employed somewhere to feed his family. I doubt he's gone from presuppositional to evidential apologetics though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums