✟92,710.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Job 1:

1 There was a man in the land of Uz whose name was Job, and that man was blameless and upright, one who feared God and turned away from evil.
What did he do wrong? Why did he repent?

God showed up in Job 38:

1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind and said: 2 “Who is this that darkens counsel by words without knowledge?"
Job was convicted by God's question about him. Job 42:

1 Then Job answered the LORD and said: 2 “I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted. 3 ‘Who is this that hides counsel without knowledge?’ Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand, things too wonderful for me, which I did not know.
Job felt he had sinned by hastily speaking about things beyond his understanding due to pride.

6 therefore I despise myself, and repent in dust and ashes.”
He humbled himself before God and repented.

7 After the LORD had spoken these words to Job, the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite: “My anger burns against you and against your two friends,
God rebuked Job's friends.

for you have not spoken of me what is right, as my servant Job has.
God validated Job before his friends.

Why did Job repent if he had not sinned?

Before the eyes of God, Job realized that he had a pride issue. He was being too defensive before his friends. He over-spoke hastily without a full understanding of the situation. He repented that before God. God never accused Job of sinning. As far as his friends were concerned, Job spoke rightly to them. Job had not sinned.

Rose_bud

Great is thy faithfulness, O God my Father...
Apr 9, 2010
South Africa
✟34,937.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi there :wave:

What's interesting is that Job never knew about the conspiracy against him. We as the audience is privy to this conversation. But at the time Job spoke about his situation without knowing what transpired in the heavenly council room. He had an instigator and accuser he was not aware of. According to Job and his friends God appeared to be unjust ie, God was afflicting him without cause. But God was testing and sparing his life.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: tonychanyt
Upvote 0