Near Lewiston, ID
✟13,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I love just traveling and getting in my car and going. I started to wonder about the pollution caused from traveling. I want to go on a road trip with my friends and just travel the US right now but Im feeling a sense of anxiety and guilt. I also love ordering my clothes from organic companies online... And feel like the pollution caused from the delivery is bad...

Help me release my doubts
Traveling is only a sin if it leads you far from God. If while traveling you must go to Thailand and do unspeakable actions....yes that's a sin. But going to the beach in Fiji or driving to Montreal from California is not a sin. You can invite God to guide your choices on a trip and if you're concerned about being a good steward of the planet, you can choose sustainable travel. But so long as travel doesn't become an idol, you can travel and learn more about the people and places that God has created.

Upvote 0

Kale100

Jun 12, 2023
New England
✟12,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think you are asking the wrong question...
The Bible has plenty of verses on the importance of keeping a clean conscience, and if it goes against your conscience don't do it...
Romans 14:14 ("I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean of itself; but to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean.")
In many cases the question should not be whether X is a sin, but rather why does one find it unconscionable? Then explore based on that.

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think you are asking the wrong question...
The Bible has plenty of verses on the importance of keeping a clean conscience, and if it goes against your conscience don't do it...
Romans 14:14 ("I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean of itself; but to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean.")
In many cases the question should not be whether X is a sin, but rather why does one find it unconscionable? Then explore based on that.
True. It is not a Biblically defined sin, but anything done against one's own conscience can be sin. The one has to look at the root of what they believe and if it's based on truth, as moral panic, and there has been a lot of it as it's media driven, does influence a lot of people.

Upvote 0