Is the Devil using LGBTQ to destroy Christian churches?

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟492,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Thank you. I pray for everyone on these forums and for those who just lurk but don't post as we all need the mighty benefits of prayer. I don't know who they all are but God does and I trust Him to keep track of them all.

I greatly appreciate your prayers!

Reactions: Gary O'
Upvote 0

Gary O'

Dec 27, 2020
Oregon
✟111,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I greatly appreciate your prayers
Of late, I'm learning of the great and wonderful power of prayer.

What a bastion in these final days.

Keep praying, without ceasing, brothers and sisters

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟928,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Do you know of any SDA churches which have openly gay ministers or have made statements contradictory to normative SDA doctrine and the teachings of Ellen G White on human sexuality or other issues?
yeah - sadly that is a problem with a few congregations. But in a group of 22 million members one has to expect that some congregations can be found that skew outside of the norm.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟101,505.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
yeah - sadly that is a problem with a few congregations. But in a group of 22 million members one has to expect that some congregations can be found that skew outside of the norm.
I just found out that our pastor and the conference where I live are pushing the LGBTQ agenda. A woman my wife knows very well told her that. She is really angry about it. When they crossed her they woke up a mamma bear with cubs.

Another thing she told my wife was that a husband and wife who work with the homeless have have been bringing a guy to church who works for them and he was caught in the men's bathroom shooting up last Sabbath. We are in the very end times and the shaking and sifting of Adventism is going on full bore.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟255,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Of late, I'm learning of the great and wonderful power of prayer.

What a bastion in these final days.

Keep praying, without ceasing, brothers and sisters
Thank you for your prayers.

Blessings

Reactions: Gary O'
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟255,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
That's interesting. How many SDA congregations actually affirm it? I haven't become familiar with them until I went to college and realized they were worldwide- even in small towns. I lived a rather shelter life in my youth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟928,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That's interesting. How many SDA congregations actually affirm it? I haven't become familiar with them until I went to college and realized they were worldwide- even in small towns. I lived a rather shelter life in my youth.
once in a blue moon I hear about one going for LGBTQ -- but whole congregations like that are pretty hard to find.
And our denomination level statements are pretty clear - we oppose it.

As you note - SDA churches are all over the world - 5th largest Christian denomination according to ChristianityToday - and fastest growing. Just last month - in one single month in one single country (PNG) - 300,000 people were baptized into the Seventh-Day Adventist church.

By contrast 7500 churches leave the UMC according to April 2024 report of USA today

"The United Methodist Church losing a quarter of its churches in five years -- is just the start."

Last edited:
Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟744,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

Is the Devil using LGBTQ to destroy Christian churches?​

In practical application, I think it's the other way around. The LGBTQ "community" isn't trying to eliminate Christianity but many factions in Christianity are trying to either eliminate the LGBT community or shame the LGBTQ community back into the closet to be isolated with their shame.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟928,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Is the Devil using LGBTQ to destroy Christian churches?​

In practical application, I think it's the other way around. The LGBTQ "community" isn't trying to eliminate Christianity but many factions in Christianity are trying to either eliminate the LGBT community or shame the LGBTQ community back into the closet to be isolated with their shame.
the facts... the news... #31 appears to differ with your suggestion

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟744,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
the facts... the news... #31 appears to differ with your suggestion
It may be different from my suggestion but not much different than my experience. For example, I have never seen the LGBTQ+ community try to remove a Christian from their "community" but I have seen LGBTQ+ people run out of their Christian community.

I'm pretty sure it's not the LGBTQ+ community is not causing a mass exodus but that particular denomination split over the issue. I don't think there are 75,000 LGBTQ+ people splitting off the UMD.

There are two philosophies I have noticed with Protestants........They either embrace or shun sinners. Some believe that the best place for a sinner is in the house of God and some believe the best place for sinners is in hell. It's a shame that there is not one person without sin, that would make it easier to shun ALL sinners and not just the gay ones but since we all sin and fall short, the LGBTQ+ community is the most visible target.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟766,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It may be different from my suggestion but not much different than my experience. For example, I have never seen the LGBTQ+ community try to remove a Christian from their "community" but I have seen LGBTQ+ people run out of their Christian community.

I'm pretty sure it's not the LGBTQ+ community is not causing a mass exodus but that particular denomination split over the issue. I don't think there are 75,000 LGBTQ+ people splitting off the UMD.

There are two philosophies I have noticed with Protestants........They either embrace or shun sinners. Some believe that the best place for a sinner is in the house of God and some believe the best place for sinners is in hell. It's a shame that there is not one person without sin, that would make it easier to shun ALL sinners and not just the gay ones but since we all sin and fall short, the LGBTQ+ community is the most visible target.
We are to hate sin ( Amos 5:14-15) not sinners ( Romans 3:23). The Lord preached repentance and remission of our sins ( Luke 24:47. Such sins include carnal sins as St. Paul lists in Romans 1:18-32 as per the Lord in Matthew 15:16-20).

If we have confessed to the Lord ( Romans 10:9-13) we should be free from outright perversion ( Ephesians 5:1-20) and know the need to keep our fallen urges in check ( 1 John 1:5-10).

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums