Visit site
✟92,539.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By "cussing", I meant profanity or vulgar language. It involves using words or expressions considered socially or culturally inappropriate, offensive, or impolite. Cussing typically includes swear words, obscenities, or other strong language that may be deemed offensive or disrespectful.

Is cussing a sin?

I think so. NIV Colossians 3:

8 But now you must also rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips.
BDAG αἰσχρολογία:

speech of a kind that is generally considered in poor taste, obscene speech, dirty talk
Obscene expressions would also be used to flavor derogatory remarks
2 Timothy 2:

16 Avoid such godless chatter, for it will lead people into more and more ungodliness.
Matthew 5:

22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’ is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.
Ephesians 4:

29 Let no evil talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for edifying, as fits the occasion, that it may impart grace to those who hear.
Focus on the positive words for building up instead of negative words for tearing down.

Jesus gave a warning in Matthew 12:

36 I tell you, on the day of judgment men will render account for every careless word they utter; for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.
I am not just advising this; I practice this. I didn't let my kids use words like "dang," "freaking," "[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]," "[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]", etc., and when other people use these words, don't let these words affect you emotionally.

By nature, I have never cussed in my life in Chinese or English, even when I was a kid before I became a Christian. My parents and my teachers never taught me not to swear. I didn't feel the need for it. However, there were a few rare occasions in my adult life when I did swear because I lost control. I regretted every one of them immediately afterward.

Is it alright to listen to music with foul language?

I don't think so. Music affects your spirit.

Are you going to hell for cussing?

Cussing is not an unforgivable sin.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟77,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Cussing typically includes swear words, obscenities, or other strong language that may be deemed offensive or disrespectful.
God watches over every word we say and holds us accountable. We have to be very careful what we say. James 3:1 Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0