Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
It's not the "garbage out there." I just don't have a desire or see a reason. There is nothing about marriage I desire. None of the usual reasons apply.

That's fine, that means you are not going to commit adultery with your ex-spouse then. That is a good thing. This is just as good as staying pure before marriage. Keep your integrity.

Upvote 0

NotUrAvgGuy

Jul 19, 2015
Boise, Idaho
Visit site
✟69,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's fine, that means you are not going to commit adultery with your ex-spouse then. That is a good thing. This is just as good as staying pure before marriage. Keep your integrity.
When you have no desire for companionship or intimacy it is no great struggle. I only went out on a handful of dates in my 20s prior to meeting my future wife at age 28. I really didn't face any temptation to sexual sin. My mistake was being talked into marriage by my pastor and best Christian friend. I should have stayed single. Now I know myself and don't want to repeat past mistakes.

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

Juan777

Jun 20, 2022
Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
When you have no desire for companionship or intimacy it is no great struggle. I only went out on a handful of dates in my 20s prior to meeting my future wife at age 28. I really didn't face any temptation to sexual sin. My mistake was being talked into marriage by my pastor and best Christian friend. I should have stayed single. Now I know myself and don't want to repeat past mistakes.

It sounds like you have the gift of singleness.

Upvote 0

NotUrAvgGuy

Jul 19, 2015
Boise, Idaho
Visit site
✟69,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It sounds like you have the gift of singleness.
Perhaps. Who knows how God works? I grew up in an alcoholic family and had Attchment Disorder from a young age followed by social anxiety. It was strife that made me like this but maybe God ordained and used that strife? It is not important for me to know.

Upvote 0

NotUrAvgGuy

Jul 19, 2015
Boise, Idaho
Visit site
✟69,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A gift? How is being single a gift? It's just a status, if anything a rather neutral status.
Is that to say that marriage isn't a gift?

People just call it that. Some would say a gift to better serve the Lord. Paul seemed to think so but marriage is a gift as well. Call it the calling of singleness if you prefer.

Upvote 0

Juan777

Jun 20, 2022
Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
People just call it that. Some would say a gift to better serve the Lord. Paul seemed to think so but marriage is a gift as well. Call it the calling of singleness if you prefer.

It is not what people are saying it is what the bible is saying. 1 Cor 7:7 and Matt (those called to be eumuchs). However, if you employ terms like "incel" then it frames it as a curse rather than a gift. Whether it is a blessing, gift,.or curse depends on whether it is a voluntary or involuntary state.

• Haha
Upvote 0