Is It Hubris to Believe That the Catholic Church Is the Only True Church?

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,757,982.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Have you ever heard someone say that it is hubris to believe that the Catholic Church is the only true church? The person who remarks in this way simply wants to end a discussion by reducing it to relativism. By saying essentially that your church is good for you and my church is good for me, they seek to make all churches (or even religions) equal and the discussion irrelevant.

A couple of years ago, I wrote a two-part article titled How Counterfeit Churches Devalue Christianity in which I laid out numerous biblical and historical reasons for the Catholic Church’s divine origin. Please click here to read it.

Also, Anthony Lane, Ray Sullivan, and Guy McClung recently wrote some quality articles on similar topics. Please click on their names to read them. We write these types of articles because the truth that Jesus founded the Catholic Church and gave it His authority is surrounded by lies to the contrary. However, no matter how many lies surround the truth, the truth continues to be relatively easy to find.

Truth and Lies​

Continued below.