Is it fear that stops us opening our hearts to God?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truly1999

Jan 23, 2013
England
✟24,382.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Sometimes I jump the gun and rush headlong in.

Each denomination believes that it worships the Lord with all of its heart, body, mind and soul. However, I have worshipped with a number of denominations - admittedly predominantly in white churches - and most are restrained in their worship. As much as they might insist, they do not worship with all their heart. This goes for many Pentecostal churches too.

When I write about worshipping with all of the heart, I do not just mean singing loudly or having electric guitars and drums and a worship leader. I mean an expression of love which flows naturally from the heart in song and prayer.

Yet, when you take a group of Christians of different denominations and put them in a multi-denominational in a conference such as New Wine or Grapevine, or Soul Survivor, then you see true worship rising from open hearts.

Do Christians belonging to more traditional churches, eg Baptist, Methodist, Episcopal, Anglican, Catholic, believe that worship "without limits" is to be reserved for conferences for an annual "renewal" or "refreshing" only? Since, when they return from such meetings, they go back to traditional worship.

But, who or what is stopping "refreshed" Christians from opening their hearts to the Lord in their own churches on a Sunday morning? I propose that such Christians are gripped with fear and those who prefer traditional worship have their hearts closed to the Lord. But is it fear of God or fear of other people that forces Christians back into their boxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.