Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is a open-ended question for discussion. What do you think?
My HOA fees pay for my broadband Internet. I have WiFi. I paid $55 month for a collection of streaming bundles with mainly news, documentaries and reality TV.

Upvote 0

Shane R

Priest
Site Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Southeast Ohio
✟576,661.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I haven't carried it for at least 6 years. I don't know many people under 60 who do. Frankly, if it weren't for bundle packages, they'd probably only keep 5-10% of the market. You can trick more people when you claim they are getting several things for One Low Price.

• Agree
Reactions: Skye1300
Upvote 0

Eftsoon

Mar 26, 2021
London
✟55,992.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah cable tv was supplanted ages ago by Netflix and Streaming sites. The format has been replaced. Advetisers have made the transition to social media and brand ambassadors. People aren't willing to have their programming curated for them, they want control.
Same thing goes for radio. I haven't listened to a music station in over a decade ... willingly that is. Everyone is using Spotify, Deezer and Tidal.
It's the advertisers who keep these things going, and I don't think that they're devoting much revenue to these formats anymore.

Upvote 0

Skye1300

Vegan Pro life Mom
Mar 19, 2022
West Coast USA
✟47,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I don't watch cable. I'm too busy and whenever I want to watch something, nothing good is on. I prefer streaming. I can save movies and TV shows in my watch list, then when I have time to watch something, what I want to see is available. :) Plus streaming is way less expensive than cable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkovandOfMitzae

Apr 17, 2022
Southeastern USA
✟8,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged

i think cable is mostly on the way out being replaced by streaming packages. I only keep Shudder ( horror app ) year around. Then I do Netflix or Hulu on 4-6 month rotations. So I may have Hulu for 6 months and the cancel and flip back to Netflix. 1-2 months out of the year I’ll tack on something like HBO Max to see some of the bigger block buster films or series. I just got it for a month to watch a handful of movies such as “ The Batman “ and the tv series “ Raised by Wolves “. But I ended up seeing some of Barry and a handful of films. I also use Tubi and Peacock ( free versions ) to watch older horror films from the 30s-60s and a bunch from the 80s. But I’m normally only able to 1-2 movies a week and 2-3 episodes.

Upvote 0

SkovandOfMitzae

Apr 17, 2022
Southeastern USA
✟8,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
It seems that way. Dancing With the Stars moved to Disney Plus. Odd choice since that show has an older audience. Guess they are getting aggressive with pushing the shift to streaming.
Disney is also getting a older crowd becsuse of the suit hero and Star Wars franchises. For a fact they are even working on some rated R horror. Through their sub company ownership of Hulu they even released Fresh about the serial killer cannibal. Disney is beginning to expand its more adult theme shows. Though it’s still mostly doing it through “children or parent companies “.

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟152,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Disney is also getting a older crowd becsuse of the suit hero and Star Wars franchises. For a fact they are even working on some rated R horror. Through their sub company ownership of Hulu they even released Fresh about the serial killer cannibal. Disney is beginning to expand its more adult theme shows. Though it’s still mostly doing it through “children or parent companies “.
Yes, that is a good point. I only hope this doesn't mean less family friendly content. I prefer Disney having shows that can appeal to all ages rather than going for edgier stuff that is already covered by HBO Max, Netflix, and so on.

Upvote 0

SkovandOfMitzae

Apr 17, 2022
Southeastern USA
✟8,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Yes, that is a good point. I only hope this doesn't mean less family friendly content. I prefer Disney having shows that can appeal to all ages rather than going for edgier stuff that is already covered by HBO Max, Netflix, and so on.
They will most likely always have a focus on family friendly stuff. They will probably just also expand to the point of many streaming services where they have a general platform and a kids platform. Like how Netflix , and I think Hulu , also has different account settings based off of preferences.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No, I have it. I find streaming platforms have highly limited selections. For example, Disney+ just Disney stuff, Netflix gets leases for their movies they rotate, other things are on Paramount+, HBO MAX etc. What if you like some of everything like I do? I like how cable TV has a wide variety of things to watch.
I also still get DVDs from the library regularly, plus watch YouTube a lot.

Upvote 0

Arctangent

May 28, 2022
Midwest
✟26,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
By and large, yes, but I would say that it is bundled network TV in general, not just cable.
I only have Amazon Prime, but if it weren't for shipping, I wouldn't have it at all. Many people, I think, would take something like Hulu over conventional bundled network TV. Streaming services are where things seem to be and where they seem to be continuing to go.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟75,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have pretty much stopped watching cable. I either use the desktop computer, or my phone, or Roku to watch videos.

My parents still have cable. My mom complains about how cable is so expensive, but she refuses to get rid of it because of my dad.

Reactions: Quiet Soul
Upvote 0

Quiet Soul

Nov 9, 2022
IN THE QUIET PLACE
✟16,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I personality prefer music over tv.

BlazingStarBlossoms
BlazingStarBlossoms
Totally! I'm becoming this way as well because taking in beautiful melodies of music never ever gets old...and can be far more soothing or exciting than staring at a tv screen.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0