Introduce yourself if you are new to the Seventh-day Adventists section of CF.

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟454,215.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am here 4Eternity...hopefully not because the Lord is Coming again soon!!
and I look forward to spending Eternity with Him 4Ever....how about you?
Look forward in the meantime to spend some time in here...and getting to know you all ...Oh she looks like a great site to belong to.:wave:

Welcome,

We hope you enjoy our forum and join in our discussions and sharing Gods love and understanding..

God Bless
Red

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟928,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thanks. I am straying a bit from the SDA forum -- getting out there and debating on the YEC Creation, ID vs Evolutionism and then over on the fundamentalist - "Sola Scriptura" topic. But I keep checking here to see what topics are hot for the SDA grouop as that is "my home".

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0

stephen c

Oct 29, 2008
Michigan
✟7,644.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello, everyone. I began attending the Seventh Day Adventist Church about five years ago. I had attended many different denominational churches, seeking for truth but unable to find a church that spoke the same truth from the pulpit that I read in The Book. I became convinced that God meant every word that ever proceeded from His mouth or finger, including His seal-bearing Fourth Commandment. I had never met a Seventh Day Adventist person, and never heard of Ellen White. In fact, I kept hearing the name Ellen White the first couple of weeks at Sabbath worship and Sabbath school. Since everyone knew Sister White, I wondered when I would meet her! The pastor talked with me about what led me to the Church so we got into a conversation about my studies and how prophecy was unfolding before my eyes. He placed a copy of "The Great Controversey" in my hands. I paged through it, scanning the contents quickly and found that this woman had written about things it took me 14 years to find out, some of which had not yet happened in her lifetime! I never questioned her status as a prophet given by God to help us through these end times.

Anyway, I am now a Deacon of my Church, as well as Religious Liberties leader and Health Ministries leader.

At my Church, we are going forth and healing the people, just as The Master taught us to do. We have a great program going on that has resulted in many people getting off medications altogether, and many have requested continued group bible studies, and some baptisms.

This is my first post on these forums. Thanks RND, for the invitation. There are a lot of areas here to browse!

Upvote 0

DarylFawcett

Ticket Support Manager
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2005
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟987,198.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
As I have been busy in my role as a member of the RT, I haven't been able to come here very often, which is why I also want to give a belated welcome all the new people here. :wave:

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Victorville, California, CorpUSA
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello, everyone. I began attending the Seventh Day Adventist Church about five years ago. I had attended many different denominational churches, seeking for truth but unable to find a church that spoke the same truth from the pulpit that I read in The Book. I became convinced that God meant every word that ever proceeded from His mouth or finger, including His seal-bearing Fourth Commandment. I had never met a Seventh Day Adventist person, and never heard of Ellen White. In fact, I kept hearing the name Ellen White the first couple of weeks at Sabbath worship and Sabbath school. Since everyone knew Sister White, I wondered when I would meet her! The pastor talked with me about what led me to the Church so we got into a conversation about my studies and how prophecy was unfolding before my eyes. He placed a copy of "The Great Controversey" in my hands. I paged through it, scanning the contents quickly and found that this woman had written about things it took me 14 years to find out, some of which had not yet happened in her lifetime! I never questioned her status as a prophet given by God to help us through these end times.

Anyway, I am now a Deacon of my Church, as well as Religious Liberties leader and Health Ministries leader.

At my Church, we are going forth and healing the people, just as The Master taught us to do. We have a great program going on that has resulted in many people getting off medications altogether, and many have requested continued group bible studies, and some baptisms.

This is my first post on these forums. Thanks RND, for the invitation. There are a lot of areas here to browse!

Glad you made it Stephen and sorry for being so tardy in welcoming you! Glad you're here!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

trubeautie

Salaam-e-Ishq
Feb 7, 2009
TN
✟7,814.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hello everyone! I am new to Christian Forums. Nice to see such great site for Christians and particularly to see a significant SDA presence. I grew up SDA and am truly realizing what a faith we have in Jesus. Looking forward to the fellowship, the discussions and growing more in the Lord.

God bless. :wave:

Upvote 0

Idol Breaker

Mar 4, 2009
Des Moinesl, WA (For now)
✟7,729.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello everybody.

Just to let you all know, I'm a bit of stickler when it comes to truthfulness and I love the Holy Script, so I hope to be involved with a lot of discussion.

I've come here after being on and now not having access to the CAF (Catholic Answers Forum) where I often stirred up a bit of controversy, albeit civil, concerning different aspects of the RCC. I learned alot over there concerning the RCC and now understand them a little better, although I still do not agree with their theology, afterall I can't get my head around the prophecies the reveal what the RCC is.

Anyway, here I am, so I pray the God will let me be a blessing to all here and I pray that he will bless me with many new friends.

God Bless You All :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

brakelite

Mar 12, 2009
Victoria
Visit site
✟18,702.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hey guys! Thought I'd use this thread to introduce myself. Been around a few different forums for about a year now, and never knew what opposition to adventism was until I started posting. But isn't it wonderful that we can defend everything we believe in from the Bible, and the Bible only!

It was not always so for me. I grew up Catholic,:liturgy: but when I left school and started work that was the last of my catholic influence. I got into drugs and alcohol etc for many years until I was 24 and met Jesus. I was eventually baptised in an AOG :clap:church and met my wife there. After 10 years we both fell away back into the dope^_^ etc. When our marriage was in danger of collapsing I sought the Lord again, and asked Him to start me from scratch. That was 12 years ago.Two weeks later I came across "National Sunday Law" by Jan Marcusson. Blew me away. TRUTH!!!! Spent 6 months in deep Bible study before fully accepting the Sabbath and was baptised again and began fellowshipping with a group of independent SDAs.

Joined a local conference church 2 years ago. We a part of a small farming community and our church consists of only 4 families.

Thrilled to meet you all. Looking forward to sharing and learning. God bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
S

ScreamingTenderness

Hello, my name is Jamie and after much prayer and direction from God, I have chosen to start going to an adventist church. About a year ago I began to attend church on saturday, through a series of circumstances I found myself in a sabbath school. I was not against adventist but i was not interested in becoming one either. so for a year i went to church on saturday and sunday. I began to do more study into what the adventist believed and i decided there was nothing in their doctrine that was unscriptural, and therefore I realized I didnt disagree with it. over time God revealed to me the gift of the Sabbath, and why it is such an incredible day of memorial to him. I just made the decision 2 weeks ago to stop going to church on sunday. What prompted this was that I was just to busy working 5 days a week and then going to church both days of the weekend. I was getting exhausted and I had no time to take care of my personal life such as laundrey, cleaning the house, homework etc. I decided I needed to choose one day for church. I really felt as if God let me to the adventist church. I have been saved for 8 years and consider myself a Berean when it comes to the scriptures. I was accused of joining a cult by the other church...but they just are uneducated. The people i have met at the adventist church are not cultish in the least, they tell people to study the word and search out God on their own. Cults dont want you to find God, they want you to just accept what they tell you.

Anyway, its good to be here.

Jamie.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

thecountrydoc

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2006
San Marcos, CA
✟48,164.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi Jamie (Screaming Tenderness),

Welcome to the SDA Forum! We're gald you have joind our forum. If you ever have questions, or if I can be of service at anytime, in any way, please feel to contact me at anytime. You may also reach me directly at: thecountrydoc@cox.net.

Your friend and brother in Christ,
Doc

Upvote 0

PaleHorse

Veteran
Jun 1, 2005
Arkansas
Visit site
✟16,859.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Greetings fellow SDA brothers and sisters. I am not 'new' to CF per say, but I've been absent for so long that I will probably be considered a noob. :) Some of you may remember me though; I am the husband of TrustAndObey. You may have read some of my earlier essays as I believe Reddogs sticky-posted some of them. (Thanks Reddogs!)

I look forward to posting and conversing with you all again, though, due to other commitments, I won't be quite as prolific as in the past.

Anyway, it is good to be back!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟454,215.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Greetings fellow SDA brothers and sisters. I am not 'new' to CF per say, but I've been absent for so long that I will probably be considered a noob. :) Some of you may remember me though; I am the husband of TrustAndObey. You may have read some of my earlier essays as I believe Reddogs sticky-posted some of them. (Thanks Reddogs!)

I look forward to posting and conversing with you all again, though, due to other commitments, I won't be quite as prolific as in the past.

Anyway, it is good to be back!

Welcome back Palehorse,

I came after you had left so didnt meet you but saw your postings and made sure they were kept and put the complete essays in the New Adventist/Bible Study and other forum sites, as many threads were lost when the forum was seperated between this one and the Progressive/Moderate/Former Adventists. Much has happened since you left, but suffice to say that we have come up with FSG's that work and allow discussion and debate without much of the rancor and emotions that caused such conflict.

God Bless
Red:wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0