✟15,307.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Greetings and Blessings To All In Jesus Christ's Name,

I am hoping this is the right section of the forum to post in. Let me introduce myself a bit and tell you what this post is all about.

My name is Michael, I am 39 years old. I am married with 5 Children. I have been a born-again Spirit-filled Christian for 21 Years. I have always felt a call to become a pastor/preacher but due to financial restrictions, I was not able to go to Bible College when I was a little younger. I am attending Bible college now just FYI.

The reason for my post is this. I have started an NFP Corporation in Ontario, Canada. In order to be able to ordain people and do all the things a church does I need to Register as a Religious denomination in Ontario. I have never done this before and am looking for someone who is in Ontario Canada that has done this or would understand how to do this.

Hoping there is someone here that can help me.

Thank you in advance,
Michael

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟392,179.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Greetings and Blessings To All In Jesus Christ's Name,

I am hoping this is the right section of the forum to post in. Let me introduce myself a bit and tell you what this post is all about.

My name is Michael, I am 39 years old. I am married with 5 Children. I have been a born-again Spirit-filled Christian for 21 Years. I have always felt a call to become a pastor/preacher but due to financial restrictions, I was not able to go to Bible College when I was a little younger. I am attending Bible college now just FYI.

The reason for my post is this. I have started an NFP Corporation in Ontario, Canada. In order to be able to ordain people and do all the things a church does I need to Register as a Religious denomination in Ontario. I have never done this before and am looking for someone who is in Ontario Canada that has done this or would understand how to do this.

Hoping there is someone here that can help me.

Thank you in advance,
Michael

Your first point of call for advice should be your own pastor, you know the guy who with his church is encouraging you to go to college and is supporting you, hopefully finacially but also by prayer.

If you don't have these, you should be questioning what and why you are doing what you are doing.

Upvote 0

InTheFathersHouse

Sep 24, 2022
Brampton
✟15,307.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Tolworth John,
At this present moment and I know this will sound bad. I am not currently connected to or going to a church in my local area for the simple fact that 90% of the churches in my area are only focusing on certain things such as Money, Fame, and Happy Life Styles.

I do not see Biblically Sound Preaching in the Church anymore. It's all about ME (Not Me Them) when it should be focused on Jesus Christ and the work He did on the Cross. Biblical Preaching should be focused on bringing the Believer closer to God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. It should be setting their soul on fire for Christ and giving them a heart for the lost.

I would love nothing more than to find a Biblical Church that preachers God's Word the way it should be done. This is the hope I have and desire for the body of Christ which I am trying to start.

Hope this explains more to you and anyone else.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟392,179.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Tolworth John,
At this present moment and I know this will sound bad. I am not currently connected to or going to a church in my local area for the simple fact that 90% of the churches in my area are only focusing on certain things such as Money, Fame, and Happy Life Styles.

I do not see Biblically Sound Preaching in the Church anymore. It's all about ME (Not Me Them) when it should be focused on Jesus Christ and the work He did on the Cross. Biblical Preaching should be focused on bringing the Believer closer to God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. It should be setting their soul on fire for Christ and giving them a heart for the lost.

I would love nothing more than to find a Biblical Church that preachers God's Word the way it should be done. This is the hope I have and desire for the body of Christ which I am trying to start.

Thank you for repling.

Have you thought that your role is that of a Christian witness to those who do not know the Christian message.
How many people could you be helping through your involvement in there church.
What of your witness to the ministers as you faithfully attend church and talk to them afte the service.

What is the difference between witnessing in a ' church ' that has lost its way and witnessing to an unbelieving neighbour/work colleage?

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,518,101.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I have to agree that seeking support, encouragement, and authorisation within an existing church is generally a much healthier path than starting your own denomination. There is a lot of learning and growth to be had in submitting to the process and the discipline of a church, even when it is imperfect (as it always is).

Perhaps staff at your college could make some recommendations?

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟492,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Tolworth John,

Perhaps if you tell us the doctrines you believe in, we might be able to connect you with a church. The NFP you founded can be useful regardless, for example, if you join a congregational church, your own congregation should usually exist as a not for profit. I myself believe that all parishes should be not for profits, to protect the dioceses or presbyteries or conferences, depending on whether the church is of episcopal, presbyterian or congregational polity, from liability, and also because of the problems we have seen in recent years with communities torn apart by the seizure and closure of parishes by their bishops when the denomination makes a change to long established doctrine the parish is not comfortable with.

Upvote 0