Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Mark 10:23-27 NKJV
With God All Things Are Possible
23Then Jesus looked around and said to His disciples, “How hard it is for those who have riches to enter the kingdom of God!” 24And the disciples were astonished at His words. But Jesus answered again and said to them, “Children, how hard it is for those who trust in riches to enter the kingdom of God! 25It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

26And they were greatly astonished, saying among themselves, “Who then can be saved?”

27But Jesus looked at them and said, “With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible.”

I accept God's will.

Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟83,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I have heard it preached that we live in the lukewarm age of the Church (sadly :sigh: ). But we must continue to love the sinner but hate the sin. We must pray for our family and friends, asking our Father to save them all before Lord Jesus returns. He is able to do it for He is not willing that any should perish.
2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Take comfort in this knowledge.

Why did He create hell?

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,421,671.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Why did He create hell?
You have to know that Hell was not prepared for mankind who is created to be image bearers of God. No, the Bible tells us that Hell is prepared for the devil and his angels who rebelled against our Heavenly Father. People go to Hell by their own rebellion against our Father, if they continue to refuse the gift of eternal life in Christ Jesus.
Matthew 25:41
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟83,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
People are not necessarily children of God.

Jesus said this:

John 8:43-45
…43 Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you are unable to accept My message. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out his desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, refusing to uphold the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, because he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 But because I speak the truth, you do not believe Me!…

John 10:22-29

22 At the time the Feast of Dedicationa took place at Jerusalem. It was winter, 23 and Jesus was walking in the temple in the porch of Solomon. 24 Therefore the Jews encircled Him and were saying to Him, “Until when do You hold our soul in suspense? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly.”

25 Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in the name of My Father, these bear witness concerning Me. 26 But you do not believe, because you are not from among My sheep. 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and never shall they perish to the age, and never will anyone seize them out of My hand. 29 My Father who has given them to Me is greater than all, and no one is able to seize them out of the Father’s hand...”

Ephesians 3 explains that God gives us faith and saves us. Without the Spirit we don't belong to Christ or even understand spiritual things.

Some vessels were made by God for destruction instead of salvation.

God's Sovereign Choice:
Romans 9

6 And it is not as that the word of God has failed. For not all who are of Israel, are these Israel. 7 Nor because they are seed of Abraham are all children. Rather, “In Isaac your offspring will be named.” 8 That is, the children of the flesh, these are not children of God; but the children of the promise are regarded as offspring.9 For this is the word of the promise: “At this time I will come, and to Sarah there will be a son.”

19 Then you will say to me, “Why then does He still find fault? For who is resisting His purpose?” 20 But rather, O man, who are you, answering against God? Shall the thing formed say to the One having formed it, “Why have you made me like this?” 21 Or does the potter not have authority over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel unto honor, but one unto dishonor?

22 And what if God, desiring to show the wrath and to make known His power, bore with much patience the vessels of wrath, having been fitted for destruction, 23 that He might also make known the riches of His glory upon the vessels of mercy, which He prepared beforehand for glory, 24 even us, whom He has called not only out from the Jews, but also out from the Gentiles.

This is why we must be quickened by God (Epheians 3).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,421,671.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
People are not necessarily children of God.
Right! But all can choose to repent and accept God's gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. But like the Sanhedrin of old, they reject God's gift.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟83,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Posted to share God's word, to inform, not to criticize:

The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.
1 Corinthians 2:14 NIV

The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.
1 Corinthians 2:14 ESV

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
1 Corinthians 1:18 NIV

You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.
Romans 8:9

5For those being according to flesh mind the things of the flesh; but those according to Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6For the mind of the flesh is death; but the mind of the Spirit, life and peace, 7because the mind of the flesh is hostility toward God; for it is not subject to the Law of God, for not even can it be. 8And those being in the flesh are not able to please God.

9Now you are not in flesh but in Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you; but if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not of Him. 10But if Christ is in you, the body is indeed dead on account of sin, but the Spirit is life on account of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of the One having raised up Jesus out from the dead dwells in you, the One having raised up Christ Jesus out from the dead also will give life to your mortal bodies, on account of His Spirit dwelling in you.
Romans 8::5-11 BLB (Berean Literal Bible)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟797,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I've never heard of any church doing that! It would be a cult?

That could be some UMC and Episcopal churches, but I was thinking of Nazarene, Wesleyan, Mennonite, Reformed, etc. Even TV sermons bore me for the most part.

I don't know who will or will not be saved. Several relatives have passed away and the agnostics and atheists have and more will, too. I stopped worrying about that because it's out of my control and very much in God's control. He will save Everyone He intends to save; every single person He wants to save.
Yes I think it would be a cult.

I haven't watched many sermons from those denominations so I don't really know what they are like.

I've lost loved ones whom I've not known were saved and it's very hard, but I suppose it helps to know that the Lord hasn't rejected them but they've chosen it.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟83,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
What a pity you miss out on worship, but I must admit I get distracted sometimes.

That's comforting; thank you.

I'm just wondering in what way. Are they saying that sinful things are not sin?

No, they avoid topics on human behavior; don't want to step on anyone's toes.

I think I've seen this (if only on TV) in some mainstream churches which allows too much worldly influence. I find this in the 'inclusivity' agenda here in the UK, and I suspect in all the Western world, which while making everyone feel valued as a human being (good) also accepts behaviour which is contrary to the gospel, such as gender identity issues.

Without condoning gender identity, it isn't mentioned.

Upvote 0